Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

We could get Huanglongmon as SR and Ruin Mode as SEC.

It'd be nice if this set led to Ruin Mode being added to the DRB. Being a Digimon created for a game, even today, means you need all the help you can get it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Unfortunately, that's a negative, because regular Fanglongmon is indeed our first SEC. And, uh. He's scary.

quote:

Fanglongmon EX5-074 SEC <03>
Mega | NODATA | God Beast
[Digivolve: Lv.6 w/[Four Sovereigns] trait: Cost 4]
[On Play] [When Attacking] By returning up to 4 cards with the [Deva] or [Four Sovereigns] trait from your trash to the bottom of the deck, for each returned card, all of your opponent's Digimon get -4000 DP for the turn.
[When Attacking] For each of your Digimon with the [Four Sovereigns] trait, trash the top card of your opponent's security stack.
[All Turns] This Digimon isn't affected by the effects your opponent's Digimon.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The Bee posted:

Unfortunately, that's a negative, because regular Fanglongmon is indeed our first SEC. And, uh. He's scary.

[All Turns] This Digimon isn't affected by the effects your opponent's Digimon.

So this is the power of the golden armor, huh?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
With a reminder that I’m only posting the stuff that I, personally, find interesting, here’s some more cards.

quote:

Makuramon EX5-052 C <03>
Ultimate | Data | Holy Beast/Deva

[On Play] <Draw 1>. Then, you may play 1 Digimon card with the [Deva] trait with a different name from cards in your battle area or trash from your hand to an empty space in your breeding area.
[Opponent's Turn] Your opponent's Tamers with a cost of 2 or less can't suspend.
-----
[Opponent's Turn] While this Digimon has the [Four Sovereigns] or [God Beast] trait, this Digimon gains <Blocker>.

quote:

Loyalty Deeper than the Sea EX5-071 C <03>
Deva

While you have a Digimon with the [Deva] or [Four Soverigns] trait, you may use this card ignoring its color requirements.
[Main] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Place 1 card with [Deva] or [Four Sovereigns] trait as the bottom digivolution card of 1 of your Digimon, or add 1 card with the [Deva] or [Four Sovereigns] trait to your hand. Return the rest to the top or bottom of your deck.
-----
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

Like all Option cards that aren’t named after attacks, this is a reference to the original card game

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like Leomon, and Merukimon looks cool, so here are some cards that were also revealed.

quote:

Elecmon EX5-044 C <03>
Rookie | Data | Mammal
[Digivolve: [Frimon]: Cost 0]
[On Play] Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. Add 1 card with [Leomon] in its name among them to your hand. Place the rest at the bottom of your deck.
---
Inherited: [On Deletion] <De-Digivolve 1> 1 of your opponent's Digimon.
It actually searches for Leomon cards! It has a really strong on delete as an inheritable! The only downside to this card is it's not part blue, so EX2 Leomon can't evolve over it. Still, depending on the rest of the support, green base Leomon might become the way to go. I'm thrilled about Elecmon.

quote:

Merukimon EX5-042 SR <03>
Mega | Virus | Shaman/Olympos XII
<Indomitable> (When this Digimon is deleted while it has digivolution cards, play it without paying the cost)
[On Play] [When Digivolving] Reveal the top card of your deck. If that card is a level 5 or lower Digimon card with <Indomitable>, play it without paying the memory cost. Add the rest to your hand.
[Your Turn] All of your Digimon with <Indomitable> and no digivolution cards gain <Rush>.
Not too much to say about Merukimon. This card on its own is really good, it just kinda depends on what the rest of the line does. Currently the only other card we know of with Indomitable is EX5 Aquilamon, a green champion that's otherwise a vanilla and has an all-turns DP boosting inheritable.

I wonder if Merukimon is going to evolve from a green Garudamon X or if the Leomon line will lead into Merukimon; one notable thing if that does happen is that Merukimon is not a Leomon in name even with rules text, so Elecmon can't search it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Looks like Makuramon's not the only one with that rider.

quote:

Pajiramon EX5-011 C <03>
Ultimate | Virus | Holy Beast/Deva
[On Play] <Draw 1>. Then, you may play 1 Digimon card with the [Deva] trait with a different name from cards in your battle area or trash from your hand to an empty space in your breeding area without paying the cost.
[On Deletion] If your opponent has a Tamer, gain 1 memory.
---
[Your Turn] While this Digimon has the [Four Sovereigns] or [God Beast] trait, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1>.

So it seems like that's how a Deva deck's cycling is going to work. You get card draw and another free Deva in security, ready to go next turn.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

We've got decks with regular egg loadouts, we've got decks with weird things in their eggs, we even had one deck that actively killed its own eggs, now get ready for the "Doesn't actually play an Egg Deck" deck!

(Though it's actually more likely they do play some number of eggs to start out and then just stops hatching as they start cycling in Devas)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
it's me, the person excited about four sovereigns.dec

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Leraika posted:

it's me, the person excited about four sovereigns.dec

Me too. I love weirdo decks. The weirder the better

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

King of Solomon posted:

I like Leomon, and Merukimon looks cool, so here are some cards that were also revealed.

It actually searches for Leomon cards! It has a really strong on delete as an inheritable! The only downside to this card is it's not part blue, so EX2 Leomon can't evolve over it. Still, depending on the rest of the support, green base Leomon might become the way to go. I'm thrilled about Elecmon.

elecmon that evolve into leomon gives me re arise thoughts and it's half black, perfect to go into heavy leomon

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elfgames posted:

elecmon that evolve into leomon gives me re arise thoughts and it's half black, perfect to go into heavy leomon

Elecmon into Leomon has been a canon line for a while. Even before ReArise, the D-Power toy used Elecmon as Tamers' Leomon's Child level. It stuck from there, despite the relative obscurity of that little fact and how another D-Power line got heavily changed (Impmon > Meramon > DeathMeramon > Beelzebumon became the far more sensible but impossible at the time Impmon > Wizarmon > Baalmon > Beelzebumon with the Impmon DIM Card)

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I see they’ve transferred the Tyranomon dev over to Leomon so now Leomon has to suffer.

Just keep the drat thing in Blue/Green, the blue Leomon were actually quite solid and the BT14 Leomon cards are rear end.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Mihiramon EX5-022 C <03>
Ultimate | Data | Holy Beast/Deva

[On Play] <Draw 1>. Then, you may play 1 Digimon card with the [Deva] trait with a different name from cards in your battle area or trash from your hand to an empty space in your breeding area without paying the cost.
[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When you play a Digimon, trash the top digivolution card of 1 of your opponent's Digimon.
----
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has the [Four Sovereigns] or [God Beast] trait, gain 1 memory.

quote:

Sandiramon EX5-010 C <03>

[On Deletion] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 5000 DP or less.
----
Inherited: [Your Turn] While this Digimon has the [Four Sovereigns] or [God Beast] trait, this Digimon gains <Security A +1>.

quote:

Indramon EX5-009 C <03>

[On Deletion] <Draw 1>.
----
Inherited: [Your Turn] While this Digimon has the [Four Sovereigns] or [God Beast] trait, this Digimon gains <Security A +1>.

quote:

Holy Beast Great Cardinal Positions EX5-072 U <03>
Four Sovereigns

While you have a Digimon with the [Deva] or [Four Soveriegns] trait, you may use this card without meeting its color requirements. When you would use this card, for each card with the [Deva] or [Four Sovereigns] trait and different name in your trash, reduce the cost by 1.
[Main] You may play 1 Digimon card with [Fanglongmon] in its name from your hand without paying the cost.
----
[Security] Return 1 card with [Fanglongmon] in its name from your trash to your hand. Then, add this card to your hand.

Better quality Fanglongmon

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

quote:

Frimon EX5-004 U <03>
In-Training | Lesser
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has [Leomon] in its name, <Draw 1>.

Wasn't expecting a Leomon specific draw egg, but I'll definitely take it. It's interesting that this doesn't work with Merukimon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

Wasn't expecting a Leomon specific draw egg, but I'll definitely take it. It's interesting that this doesn't work with Merukimon.

It does have a mane and is orange, it actually looks a lot like what I'd expect a Baby Leomon to, it's a good pick. Elecmon now feels like the outlier in the line though, it's a very awkward fit between Frimon and Leomon. Liollmon works better, but it was also made to be a Child Leomon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Yeah, Elecmon as the rookie is a little weird, but they like to maintain old lines even if there are more coherent newer lines. It's odd, but oh well.

quote:

Leopardmon (X Antibody) EX5-043 SR <03>
Mega | Data | Holy Warrior/Royal Knight/X Antibody
[Digivolve: Lv.6 w/ [Leopardmon] in name and w/o [X Antibody] trait: Cost 1]

[When Digivolving] [Main] (Once Per Turn) You may play 1 green Digimon card from your hand for the cost. When it would be played by this effect, reduce the play cost by 4. If a card with [Leopardmon] in its name or [X Antibody] is in this Digimon's digivolution cards, further reduce it by 3.
[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When you play a Digimon, you may return 1 of your opponent’s Digimon with 5000 DP or less to the hand. For each of your other Digimon, add 3000 to the maximum DP of the Digimon you may choose with this effect.

Oh, this is quite good. I really like the synergy the Leopardmon deck has with the LM01 Angoramon cards, and this is no exception.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
We got the next Demon Lord!

quote:

Octomon EX5-058 U <03>
Champion | Virus | Mollusk

[On Play] [When Digivolving] If there are 4 or more Digimon, play 1 [Fujitsumon] (Digimon • Purple • 3000 DP • [All Turns] This Digimon can't unsuspend. [On Deletion] Trash 1 card in your hand.) Token in your battle area suspended without paying the cost. If there are 3 or less Digimon, play it in your opponent's battle area instead.
---
Inherited: [All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When an opponent's Digimon is played by an effect, gain 1 memory.

quote:

Leviamon EX5-063 SR <03>
Mega | Virus | Demon Lord/Seven Great Demon Lords

<Security A +1>
[On Play] [When Digivolving] If your opponent has equal or more Digimon and Tamers than you, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the highest level. Then, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the lowest level.
[All Turns] When your opponent's Digimon is deleted, gain 1 memory for each Digimon deleted.

quote:

Rostrum EX5-069 R <03>

[Main] By trashing 1 card in your hand, delete 1 of your opponent's level 6 or lower Digimon. If a card with the [Seven Great Demon Lords] trait was trashed by this effect, place this card into your battle area.
[All Turns] When an opponent's Digimon is played by an effect, <Delay>.
• You may play 1 [Leviamon] from your trash without paying the cost.
---
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

It’s a real neat effect! Plus I believe this is the first Delay effect that works on the opponent’s turn (and the first token you can create for the opponent)

Also I built the ShineGreymon model kit! It was a nightmare! Super fiddly and full of stickers!

Came out looking pretty good though

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://twitter.com/rustmarrow/status/1684754087567605760

They just added Sunmon, Moonmon, and Huanglongmon Ruin Mode to the reference book. Given what we know about EX5's contents, this strongly suggests we're going to see those three Digimon have cards revealed for them tonight.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love seeing forgotten game Digimon finally get added to the DRB, and they're definitely getting cards in EX-05 which is even better.

Now give me the full Chronomon line, Bandai. It's the right time for it, they're important in Sunburst/Moonlight too.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Give me Digimon world 1 Cherrymon

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Turns out we got Dragomon last night and nothing else, which is a bit odd, but oh well.

quote:

Dragomon EX5-060 R <03>
Ultimate | Virus | Aquabeast

[On Play] [When Digivolving] Your opponent plays 1 level 4 or lower Digimon card from their trash suspended without paying the cost. Any [On Play] effects on Digimon played by this effect don't activate.
[All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When an opponent's Digimon is played by an effect, you may play 1 purple Digimon with a level less than or equal to that Digimon from your trash without paying the cost.
---
Inherited: <Piercing>

This seems like it's pretty good for the Leviamon deck. I'm a bit surprised that the champion and perfect stages are Octomon and Dragomon, I thought the line went through Gesomon and MarineDevimon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

This seems like it's pretty good for the Leviamon deck. I'm a bit surprised that the champion and perfect stages are Octomon and Dragomon, I thought the line went through Gesomon and MarineDevimon.

It's Digimon, evolution lines are not set in stone, much less ones that aren't taken from the various anime or manga.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Turns out we got Dragomon last night and nothing else, which is a bit odd, but oh well.

In digimon dawn/dusk its a dna digivolution of octomon and gesomon, so ethier is "valid" in the context of this set

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh wait duh i just realized, you meant leviamons line not dragomons, sorry im just off work brain is dead

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's Digimon, evolution lines are not set in stone, much less ones that aren't taken from the various anime or manga.

Oh I know, but they do like to follow lines when they exist, even if they're not anime/manga lines. This line still makes sense, of course.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I've seen Leviamon as Dagomon's evolution for years.

And besides, Marine Devimon just got its objectively best possible evolution in Ghost Game.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
02 Blu-ray announced by Discotek.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685351085018648576

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
First three movies, new uncut dubs and the original dub version remastered.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685353261287845889

Angelamon is dead. 0 outta 10

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685353906606678016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if Discotek plans on releasing all the Digimon shows on DVD eventually (though I think Disney might still own the rights to Savers/Data Squad)

Edit: Nevermind, apparently there was a Savers set released in 2014 but it was dub only

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 29, 2023

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sleeping Sigma posted:

First three movies, new uncut dubs and the original dub version remastered.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685353261287845889

Angelamon is dead. 0 outta 10

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685353906606678016

You left out the Japanese versions being included

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

new 02 BE Memories

https://twitter.com/JP_Excelsior/status/1685363626549338112?s=20

*looks at Armadimon's ultimate and tears her hair out*

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ah... Inertia.

(That line being OG canon is the whole reason Vikemon is a Free Attribute)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

anyway there's a good chance they're working with the Japanese Digimon movies package so we have a good chance of them doing X-Evo and Savers' movies in English

Who would you all like to see play the X-Evo characters? I always thought Mona Marshall would be an excellent Dorumon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wonder if this also means that shows that didn’t originally get English dubs (Young Hunters, Appmon, Ghost Game) will receive them in their respective home releases (though I hear one for the latter is currently in pre-production)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
trailer for Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geoltwC6vBg

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

That trailer has me way more excited than I was before, I guess it proves just how much 02 is my favourite show. The unlikeliness that they'd reuse Vikemon in the same continuity and nothing else being on the DIM means we're probably not going to get Ultimates/Megas for the other two DNAs but honestly, that's fine in context. If it was longer-form like Tri it'd bug me, but in one single-movie story where the big climax of the action will come down to "Imperialdramon does a cool fight" regardless because they're the protagonist duo Digimon, I'm all for getting more screentime spent on Silphymon and Shakkoumon doing things because they're fond nostalgia characters to see in a movie.

Larryb posted:

Wonder if this also means that shows that didn’t originally get English dubs (Young Hunters, Appmon, Ghost Game) will receive them in their respective home releases (though I hear one for the latter is currently in pre-production)

Dubbing a movie and dubbing a 25-67 episode anime with far more characters to cast and a smaller built-in audience are very different prospects. A Ghost Game dub seems pretty likely anyway but the odds of Young Hunters or Appmon ever getting one seem extremely slim unless every other Digimon show performs amazingly.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bandai and Toei seem to want to memory hole the Fusion dub, considering the complete absence of dub-specific terms for that season in the card game. I wouldn’t be surprised if that season was a sub only release.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though in this case Young Hunters is honestly no big loss (you can easily stop after the first half of Xros Wars and still get a complete story). I would still kind of like an Appmon dub though but I’m not holding my breath on that.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I do have to ask why Kairi and TK are DNA digivolving when they can get to Mega by themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Because Shakkoumon is a loving tank