Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
old thoughts

I miss launch elder scrolls online pvp

if you had a vampire hunter ability on your bar, player vampires would light up like the sun at night

and you could launch a crossbow that had a chance to proc enough damage to instant kill vampire players

I would just keep sniping them from stealth over and over again, so many vampire players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

there was one year between GTA3 and Vice City and two years between Vice City and San Andreas. we really were spoiled.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the first game my dad bought me was super mario/duck hunt. he tells this story that he made me trade my beloved childhood blanket that i was very attached to for it

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lmao I don't remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emK1fd4tbOQ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hmm i wonder if that hosed me up in any way :thunk:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

promises made promises kept

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I hope one day to pass the same lesson about selective violence based on social context on to my children

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

promises made promises kept

rabbid mario will do all sorts of hosed up poo poo though

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

is rabbid mario italian?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my bony fealty posted:

there was one year between GTA3 and Vice City and two years between Vice City and San Andreas. we really were spoiled.

i genuinely don't understand what Rockstar does these days. they have like a solid dozen Rockstar branch locations and they do... ?????

sure as hell not making games

at least it makes sense valve doesn't make games anymore because digital rent-seeking is way more profitable, but they also only had like 1 location anyways

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1682073196810453017

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Xaris posted:

i genuinely don't understand what Rockstar does these days. they have like a solid dozen Rockstar branch locations and they do... ?????

at least it makes sense valve doesn't make games anymore because digital rent-seeking is way more profitable, but they also only had like 1 location anyways

i remember having too many good r* games to get through tho now i can only really think of Bully and The Warriors. i loved those games

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xaris posted:

sleeping dogs is the best gta game.

don't @ me

actually it's second place behind jak 2

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

vimes sorry about that one time in gtav btw lol.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

finished vampire bloodlines. jank as hell but still pretty good.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i have always wondered about the people who buy these 100 hour long Cinematic Experience movie games and then get mad that the Cinematic Experience movie game is a 100 hour long Cinematic Experience movie game

like why not idk not get the new god of war game if you don't want to play it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dan Houser is gone thank god but his brother is still CEO, so maybe GTAV will have less of the awful midlife crisis poo poo that permeated that game and rdr2 and we can have a stupid shooty crime game again

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They had a contest back just before Arcanums release, where you could submit stories that could potentially go into the in-game Tarantian Newspaper. The top 10 writers would get their stories in the newspaper, and a free copy of the game.

The contest ended, and me and something like 4 other people total worldwide submitted stories for the contest. So we all "won", and I got my free copy of the game.

nice!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

alarumklok posted:

more soundtracks need to be mournful violins

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

turn off the TV posted:

i have always wondered about the people who buy these 100 hour long Cinematic Experience movie games and then get mad that the Cinematic Experience movie game is a 100 hour long Cinematic Experience movie game

most 'cinematic experiences' are not actually that long because that poo poo is expensive, usually 20 hrs at max.

quote:

“Usually developers try to shame people into choosing the higher difficulty,” said lead designer Rory Mcgrath. “They do stuff like calling the easiest difficulty ‘baby mommy get my binkie,’ but it turns out that this stuff is actually useful for people who have babies! We’re here for you and we know that being 35 is really really really old, whether you’re willing to admit it or not.”
well, they aren't wrong that the "aww wats that, widdle bay-bums needs a diapie changed, widdle baby has deformed hands and bad at game? pick me you little piss bitch cuckasaurus cuck" difficulty naming is really fuckin' stupid

but its satire anyways

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also to add, a lot of aging gamers are in denial about how much gaming time they actually have. a lot want to rekindle and relive their college dorm or high school days playing games into the wee hours but babbies, wifey, work, housing, errands, care-taking, etc poo poo basically eliminates it enitirely. but buying video games gives them hope that it might still happen

i know several gamer dads who are constantly buying games on steam or ps5/switch but basically never have time to play them. they probably spend more hours entering their credit card info in Playstation Store checkout page than ever playing anything

its kinda a form of copium

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Xaris posted:

also to add, a lot of aging gamers are in denial about how much gaming time they actually have. a lot want to rekindle and relive their college dorm or high school days playing games into the wee hours but babbies, wifey, work, housing, errands, care-taking, etc poo poo basically eliminates it enitirely. but buying video games gives them hope that it might still happen

actually millenials solved this already by not getting married, having kids, or owning homes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Playing Rain World. mmmm slugcat so good. yes yes yes

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Cuttlefush posted:

missing a lot of context and word here. i think the first game my dad bought was mortal combat. and it was for me. but he thought it was cool and we played it together. just once though. dads seem to love playing a game one time and be real into it and then they forget

my dad didn't like me playing mortal kombat because he thought I was damaging the keyboard by hitting keys so fast and hard.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Agnostalgia posted:

actually millenials solved this already by not getting married, having kids, or owning homes.

critical support for all the wastoid lay flat neet freeter penniless millenial and zoomer gamers doing their part to starve the great satan

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

my dad didn't like me playing mortal kombat because he thought I was damaging the keyboard by hitting keys so fast and hard.

that's what beater keyboards are for... smh dad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Playing Rain World. mmmm slugcat so good. yes yes yes

i loving hated rain world

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Remnant 2 coming out soon, looking forward to playing the "has a dog" class.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

time for someone to get ascended fucko

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

wtf

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Xaris posted:

they’ve got a plan

they just need money

you have got to keep faith

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Monster Sanctuary may be one of the best balanced games I've ever played, there's like 100+ monsters you can put on your team and any of them could be end game viable because team synergy is king. Kind of wish the story devolved into complete insanity like Pokemon has made me accustomed to, there hasn't even been any time travel yet.

My team is a blob of ice, a lizard conscript, and a frog and it's ripping and tearing through every fight. Significantly harder than Pokemon games but that isn't saying a whole lot.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I did it.

I bought BattleBit. Went into a quick match, finished a 127v127 game going 4-5.

game good

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

we got our first game pad after I broke our mouse playing xwing

that game kicks rear end

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pikmin 4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

they have a game for people like you its called hbo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Xaris posted:

Searching your post history for Dark Souls and then quoting you while laughing at you for posting this

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Real hurthling! posted:

they have a game for people like you its called hbo

no thanks I'm good with battlebit until armored core comes out

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I did it.

I bought BattleBit. Went into a quick match, finished a 127v127 game going 4-5.

game good

it’s really great. you might wanna try 64p mode too, 127 is a lot of fun and certainly cultivates the maximum possible battlefield style chaos but is a bit harder for exp and actually feeling impactful in the sense that a frontline will form and it’s a lot harder to push through it when there are that many players. plus like half the maps are only available in the lower player count modes and there are a surprisingly large number of maps

also regarding gaming thirties old person chat, working from home is tremendous boon in that regard. I got so much incredible paid gaming time from 2020-2023. I hope one day that’s the status quo so if we don’t get any other compensation from a collapsing capitalist system I can at least sit in my conapt taking scifi drugs and staring at a magical video wall until I am no longer worth exploiting for labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat d4 and the option to forever skip the campaign came up and my face went like :getin:
its so perverse how they make a terrible 30 hour game where you dont even seen half the mechanics to leveling a character at all and then are like yeah that was awful right lol have fun now.