Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ryuujin posted:

I didn't notice it did that at first, wasn't until I added Corpse Explosion that I noticed my skelly count occasionally going up. And that is super nice. Torn between keeping the Corpse Explosion now that I have the Darkness skill upgrade for it, or switching it out for Tendrils. Never tried the Tendrils in the pre-season, and I had been hoping the Heart wouldn't consume corpses when triggering the Corpse skill. Though if Tendrils doesn't consume corpses that could still be a good choice. Mostly wanted to leave things to my minions, and throw around Decompose and Blight to beef up their damage.

Tendrils never consumes corpses, so you don't have to choose between that and corpse explosion. Tendrils also triggers vulnerability when upgraded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

… does it trigger the Skeletal Priest if you are already full up on minions? It'd be amusing if we received an inadvertent, seasonally limited QoL improvement like that.

Check out this 3 min video.

Holy poo poo the auto casting is fuckin legit.

https://youtu.be/JbZXSDuRvOQ

Kinda wish I’d gone necro lol. I mean I still can but lmao

Lol make sure to watch to the end.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Having a blast clicking on demons and making them dead. Necro hearts own, free tendrils every second? Yes please

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

completed chapters 1 & 2, and got through most of Chapter 3, and made it to level 29 on my Druid. I usually dont like leveling battle passes, they aren’t fun, but this one hits all of the right notes.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

That was great

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm not watching that video because his voice was extremely grating but I can tell you on bone spear constant free tendrils is the nuts, I'm not running minions and it feels way better than leveling did on eternal

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

:perfect:

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm not watching that video because his voice was extremely grating but I can tell you on bone spear constant free tendrils is the nuts, I'm not running minions and it feels way better than leveling did on eternal

Skip to the last 5 seconds for comedy.

Watch it for actual data because he goes over how stuff you don't even have on your skill bar is being triggered and synergizes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MarcusSA posted:

I am finally reaching the dream of having a character where I don't have to actually do anything in 90% of content but loot

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ravus Ursus posted:

Watch it for actual data because he goes over how stuff you don't even have on your skill bar is being triggered and synergizes.

Yeah I didn’t even realize this part and it’s wtf.

That alone makes necro seem like a champ

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am having so much fun with the Ancestral Charge aspect, I am just bullying everything around.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I viewed the schadenfreude and lol thanks for convincing me to. I'm still pretty sure that heart has a future in bone spear or will be nerfed because hachi machi it fucks, take a pivotal skill that has an 11s cool down you need to target and then just make it happen for free automatically every 1s? Ok blizzard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What hearts have people discovered for Druid that is really good?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

The knockdown on attack speed with frenzy is loving hilarious, it's like you're just throwing banana peels

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah it's the same heart, it's stupid good with corpse tendrils. They're gonna nerf it because it also stuns bosses stupid fast and you can do it while Blood Mist is running because Blood Mist pops out corpses at the same rate the heart consumes them lol

FUN DETECTED

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

It's actually very funny reflecting on people 24h ago complaining how weak they made our characters when you look at this poo poo you can do

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It turns out that you can still be strong in world tier 1.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

oh yeah well my druid has a 5% chance to summon wolves but only for 20 seconds and they still do very little damage

SO TAKE THAT

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

great big cardboard tube posted:

It's actually very funny reflecting on people 24h ago complaining how weak they made our characters when you look at this poo poo you can do

I'm still curious if u can dig sorc out of its hole but I'm having too much fun with Necro and I beat Uber Lilith with a teleport/blizz sorc so I don't have much desire to gently caress with that class for awhile lol

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ravus Ursus posted:

Lol, poor dude. That got a sensible chuckle out of me.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The task to complete 10 tree of whispers is bugged in our favor. You dropping the box and picking it back up counts as a turn in. Jump on that one while you can since a hotfix tomorrow seems likely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lister posted:

The task to complete 10 tree of whispers is bugged in our favor. You dropping the box and picking it back up counts as a turn in. Jump on that one while you can since a hotfix tomorrow seems likely.

Thank you for the heads up on this one.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I got my first ash and unlocked the first tier of the XP buff. Everyone assumed it was 12% because the first tier was 3%. But the 2nd tier is only 2%, so it's probably 10%? Probably not less than 10%.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

M. Night Skymall posted:

I got my first ash and unlocked the first tier of the XP buff. Everyone assumed it was 12% because the first tier was 3%. But the 2nd tier is only 2%, so it's probably 10%? Probably not less than 10%.

This doesnt seem like a helpful buff at all? Unless the buff is permanent on your account and stacks with future seasons?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This doesnt seem like a helpful buff at all? Unless the buff is permanent on your account and stacks with future seasons?

Yeah I'm pretty underwhelmed, but whatever you pretty much get the ashes for leveling and playing the game, so might as well put them somewhere. It's only 100gold for me to respec my 1 ash, maybe it scales up, but probably not a big deal.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Big props to all of you who can stand to play a Necromancer. The visual noise of the skeletons and ugly generic corpse piles with their beams of light littering the screen is too distracting for me.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sadly, the heart that auto-casts a corpse skill doesn't cast tendrils once a second even if it's the only skill on your bar. It seems to have an internal cooldown of about 6 seconds, separate from the skill cooldown. Still really good though

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I finally get home to play and the very first thing that happens after talking with the season guy is the camera stops following me forcing me to relog lmao

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

This game is still buggy as hell lmao

Clicking the missing item froze me in cutscene mode with no dialog, forcing a relog.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Tarnop posted:

Sadly, the heart that auto-casts a corpse skill doesn't cast tendrils once a second even if it's the only skill on your bar. It seems to have an internal cooldown of about 6 seconds, separate from the skill cooldown. Still really good though

That's a bummer if true but anecdotally I feel like I see it much much more than every 6s. It definitely casts CE because I got the "use 30 corpses in 30 seconds" achievement the first event I did after equipping it

edit: without using either at all it was entirely procs from the heart

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 21, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't really been engaging with the malignant stuff other than doing the first couple quests that enable them and killing any random elites I find along the way. Just jumping around doing quests and dungeons and filling out my renown. I just found the heart that chains lightning on crit which doesn't seem super OP but should fit perfectly into my "giant mess of lightning" druid build. Excited to see what else I come across.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

American McGay posted:

I haven't really been engaging with the malignant stuff other than doing the first couple quests that enable them and killing any random elites I find along the way. Just jumping around doing quests and dungeons and filling out my renown. I just found the heart that chains lightning on crit which doesn't seem super OP but should fit perfectly into my "giant mess of lightning" druid build. Excited to see what else I come across.

It doesn't seem too hard to get copies of the basic rear end hearts, so I'd say pop some of them in your jewelry and try them out, if any of the others are like the Necro corpse consuming one, then they can make some pretty huge differences right out the gate

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm treating them like low level aspects and just using them.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Yeah socket that poo poo and try it out you can actually get tons of hearts relatively quick and I don't think anyone knows yet which are super rare. Even if they were you'd want a high level version so just go kill poo poo

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man the corpse one for necro is exactly what the class needed. its so smooth

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I am aiming for a Boulder/companion build using the Wolves heart, but no doubt it'll end up and tedious and ineffective. :smith:

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

did Diablo 3 have this many systems completely hidden from the user? Because I remember it being pretty straightforward to just make a calculator in Excel

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lister posted:

Confirming that this works, and I hope they don't, like, retroactively fix it.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

did Diablo 3 have this many systems completely hidden from the user? Because I remember it being pretty straightforward to just make a calculator in Excel

I think Diablo games have always had some incredible complicated interactions. Of course often you dont know till after it was patched whether it was intentional for it to work that way or not..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lister posted:

lmao can confirm this works.