Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

Woolie stopped the slop stream halfway through to dig up and show off all his childhood toys, it ruled.

Childhood toys are a cheat code for Woolie's feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLKuqQIOPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Loved Woolie's reversal on Pat where he's like "oh is it crazy to launch a game and just start playing it like a normal person?"

Granted, that will run into an instance where Woolie engages a 25-minute theorycraft with Reggie over the best dialogue option to greet Shadowheart with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol listening to episode 219 of the podcast as I catch back up and them remarking on how metal gear will never be remade and if you love prince of persia get hosed is pretty funny after the announcements of snake eater remake and that 2d prince of persia

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

lol listening to episode 219 of the podcast as I catch back up and them remarking on how metal gear will never be remade and if you love prince of persia get hosed is pretty funny after the announcements of snake eater remake and that 2d prince of persia

I wish I could go to the hyperbolic time chamber, listen to every single CSB and do a compilation of time proving them super wrong :allears:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I was on vacation last week, so I listened to the last 2 CSB episodes pretty close together this week and felt like I was going crazy because it felt like this week was just a slight remix of last week's episode. They have the same discussions about FF16 with Pat telling the same stories, into the same Baldur's Gate 3 class discussion straight into Street Fighter 6 talk again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

yeah it's a lot of repeating the same stories so far

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

I wish I could go to the hyperbolic time chamber, listen to every single CSB and do a compilation of time proving them super wrong :allears:

I listen to the podcast in 15 minute segments before sleep so I'm still pre-covid.

I think I should skip ahead.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Woolie's gotta get over people saying things on the internet

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

UP AND ADAM posted:

Woolie's gotta get over people saying things on the internet

What happened

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
He's just way too sensitive to people shittalking him on the internet. It's like he absorbs every stupid little comment and can't just let go.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah just throughout the podcast and during streams he'll respond to random comments talking about what's being said like it needs to be addressed immediately, he'll read comments after streams and come to the next one with more things to say. It can be very funny and on occasion lead to interesting conversations, but I feel like it's gotta be exhausting living that way. I've been endlessly self-conscious and turned events over in my head after the fact too, but at a certain point in your adult life you realize how futile it is. Just follow your moral/ethical code and accept criticism from close, trusted people.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The bit about his audio background noise was a bit much but also apparently crazies are sending his counterpart pictures of dead dogs so I can see where he’s coming from on some of this.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God i would never ever want to be famous, especially famous on the internet

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Warbird posted:

The bit about his audio background noise was a bit much but also apparently crazies are sending his counterpart pictures of dead dogs so I can see where he’s coming from on some of this.

Yeah and I can only imagine what a black content creator is also getting in his DMs.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Word. There was a period of time where I would have a fantasy of being an indie game dev of something mildly popular before coming to my senses and realizing that would be a nightmare.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah that's all true too. Agree with that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dn3hrnjgs was right, being perceived is terrible

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

Truer words have never been spoken

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

It sounds like it was a lot of fun until it very suddenly wasn't.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, i've got some friends who stream and it seems like fun to have a small little community of people who will hang out while you play games and make fun of you, but there's a critical mass where it seems like that stops being fun because the community gets too hard to manage.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, i've got some friends who stream and it seems like fun to have a small little community of people who will hang out while you play games and make fun of you, but there's a critical mass where it seems like that stops being fun because the community gets too hard to manage.

Yeah, that would get old quick, especially once you have some history online like Woolie does and people are constantly bringing up something stupid you did like ten years ago.

idk, if I were to ever get into streaming I'd probably become a vtuber. Seems like an easy way to add an extra wall between you and the audience

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

vtubing definitely feels like it comes with it's own pitfalls, unless your avatar is like, something no-one can make horny. but even then, i'm sure there's just different boundary stuff. Or just people treating you too much like a character, or not enough like a character.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And you also get extremely boomer reactions like on sa to the very existence of vtubers who make literal sargon of akkad comparisons(all vtubers are men using voice changers, all vtuber fans are pedophiles), and if your avatar is an anime character god help you. The worst people on the internet like kiwifarmers etc make a game of it to doxx any vtuber they can to the point that the larger agencies had to start getting extremely litigious to protect their talent, but indies don't get that benefit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
There's one vtuber that takes their anonymity seriously enough that they use a speech to text to speech setup. Hell, another guy doxxed for angering Chinese nationalists.

I completely missed the goon hate of vtubers, but yeah, that sounds like something harmless enough for goons to get mad about.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 21, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's more that they take the bad examples that DO have a lovely sexualized avatar of questionable age, and apply that to all of them. And then some posters become the representation of every other person posting about vtubers, I got mistakenly accused of being at least four different posters just because I'm a prominent poster who likes vtubers, the amalgamation of dozens of posters in their minds sucks.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Oxyclean posted:

vtubing definitely feels like it comes with it's own pitfalls, unless your avatar is like, something no-one can make horny. but even then, i'm sure there's just different boundary stuff. Or just people treating you too much like a character, or not enough like a character.

The issue is that no matter what you do there's an expectation that, as a streamer/entertainer, you develop some kind of rapport with your audience. Being a Vtuber sort of helps seperate the performance from the real human behind it, but that doesn't stop people from being really weird and possessive about the Vtuber character, even at cost to the human being behind them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Having to deal with all that and at teh same time do a live show for which the only engineer on staff is you is hell. Massive props to Woolie for handling that helljob so well these past ten+ years.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

unless your avatar is like, something no-one can make horny

I have some bad news for you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I got some bad news for you about both Jesus and lions.

Anyway:

https://twitter.com/patstaresat/status/1682468652522807296

Over under on the podcast being justifiably delayed/cancelled next week?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pre-emptive congrats to Pat, for a brief period of time he'll be the second shortest person in a room

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warbird posted:

https://twitter.com/patstaresat/status/1682468652522807296

Over under on the podcast being justifiably delayed/cancelled next week?

Smash cut to Pat and Paige recording the podcast in a hospital, his office green screened behind them

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Paige will soon be an average human mother.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pat will soon have to stop 2 people from eating dangerous objects

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

forgot if I intentionally was setting someone else or forgot to make that joke myself

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pat will soon have to stop 2 people from eating dangerous objects

Imagine you're a teenager and you have video evidence that your mother once had to go to the hospital because she "Jokered herself" with a cheese knife.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Plan Z posted:

Imagine you're a teenager and you have video evidence that your mother once had to go to the hospital because she "Jokered herself" with a cheese knife.

Imagine you are a teenager and you have several years worth of audio/video material of your parents being young adults and saying/doing dumb poo poo for entertainment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Imagine getting roasted because your dad dubs over your voice in his head the second you stop talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

kid at schools sees Pat picking up Pat Jr, remembers seeing that face from when his own dad started showing him old memes he made. The dad gladly supplies the kid with Pat compilation

"neiner neiner your dad thinks 50% off microtransactions is free money"