Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

this doesn't seem like a good way to cook ribs at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

i hate this so much. insane that it could ever be random bystanders that report this first. should be a dedicated river rescue team for any work off the deck. gently caress!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

meatspin cool

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Mmh, burnt fat and uneven cooking.

I'll grant that it looks :black101: as hell, but I wouldn't want any of it.

It reminds me of those people who extremely loudly talk about how they only ever eat meat and how vegetarians eat their food's food and they are a MAN who need MEAT and [MANLY GRUNTING] while pouring cheap beer over the cheapest meat they could find at the discounter.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

chrisgt posted:

Several times now i've had wasps (or some random big stingy poo poo) fly directly into my tig torch while i'm welding.
Not sure why big stingy things are so attracted to tig welding, but but it leaves some nasty inclusions.

Don't most insects have vision that goes out into UV?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sagebrush posted:

that 5-pound gorilla costume cost the american taxpayers roughly $50,000 to send to low earth orbit. :patriot:

(i'm not complaining. this is a great use of tax money, comparable to the cost of refueling an f-15 twice, or one eighth of a sidewinder missile)

Mark, now an Arizona senator, vacuum packed the suit and sent it with a cargo delivery on an unmanned SpaceX mission, which blew up in June 2015.

"The next time I was on the phone with my brother, he goes, 'I'm sending you another gorilla suit,'" Scott recalls.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Don't most insects have vision that goes out into UV?

Correct.

Fun and somewhat not related fact: some insects are more susceptible to visible blue light than to actual UV light. Why? Who knows.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

This is art, thanks!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

The top shock mount seems to still be attached, so even if you compressed it completely, wouldn't the shock slow down the spring to practically nothing?

I tried checking YouTube for a video of someone compressing a shock absorber without spring attached and watching it rebound slowly, but I just ended up with 1000s of hits of homemade spring compressors, most of which will definitively kill you.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

A couple of guys I was in high school with had something like that happen with a $100 bill to them at a motor speedway, also in Wisconsin coincidentally. They were farm boys that both played freshman football and beat the poo poo out of the owner and three others. There was a long discussion at the County Sheriff's Office which boiled down to, Gee Hank, I guess you hosed around and found out, didn't you? The guys were put on community service for six months but when I asked Jeff about it later, he said it was so loving worth it.

I very much enjoyed this, thanks

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I've had it with these motherfuckin' hornets on this motherfuckin' plane!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

evobatman posted:

The top shock mount seems to still be attached, so even if you compressed it completely, wouldn't the shock slow down the spring to practically nothing?

I tried checking YouTube for a video of someone compressing a shock absorber without spring attached and watching it rebound slowly, but I just ended up with 1000s of hits of homemade spring compressors, most of which will definitively kill you.

The times you need to compress a spring usually involve attaching/removing it from the shock so the concern is the spring remaining compressed while you work on it.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Mad Max, Beyond Flavortown

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hi yes may I have my ribs thermally cycled? That's how you weaken metal, so....?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

jsoh posted:

i hate this so much. insane that it could ever be random bystanders that report this first. should be a dedicated river rescue team for any work off the deck. gently caress!

There was talk about putting fencing on a bridge in town to keep people from jumping off of it (it's car only, no sidewalks) and everyone was just commenting not to do so because it would look ugly.

If you wanna know how people think about random strangers...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
That's not really relevant for this case, which is that he was working on the bridge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was looking at a bridge replacement proposal recently, and there’s a line item for suicide discouragement signs.

That’s bleak.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Harry_Potato posted:

Mad Max, Beyond Flavortown

"Witness me!", I yell through a mouthful of pork as a high velocity blast of Sweet Baby Ray's engulfs my face.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

I was looking at a bridge replacement proposal recently, and there’s a line item for suicide discouragement signs.

That’s bleak.

Those signs are endearing compared to the principles of hostile architecture incorporated into any flat, raised surface a person might use to lay upon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MightyJoe36 posted:

I've had it with these motherfuckin' hornets on this motherfuckin' plane!

Once during a preflight check, in 2020 when the plane had been sitting for a good long while, I found a wasp nest literally inside the cabin air intake.

*Pulls knob marked "air" but wasps come out*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*relabels knob; tags as resolved*

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

teemolover42069 posted:

this doesn't seem like a good way to cook ribs at all.

Low temperature and slowly cooked over coals seems reasonable to me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

There was talk about putting fencing on a bridge in town to keep people from jumping off of it (it's car only, no sidewalks) and everyone was just commenting not to do so because it would look ugly.

If you wanna know how people think about random strangers...

I think random strangers should be allowed a little sweet release, as a treat

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Wrong axis of rotation!!! :byodood:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cooked wrong or not, I would still devour the the ribs.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

Cooked wrong or not, I would still devour the the ribs.

I'd eat the ones form the goldilocks zone between the dry, rock hard tips and the mostly raw axle end.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Antigravitas posted:

Mmh, burnt fat and uneven cooking.

I'll grant that it looks :black101: as hell, but I wouldn't want any of it.

It reminds me of those people who extremely loudly talk about how they only ever eat meat and how vegetarians eat their food's food and they are a MAN who need MEAT and [MANLY GRUNTING] while pouring cheap beer over the cheapest meat they could find at the discounter.

Why does something being cheap make it less masculine? This train of thought is wild as hell.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

skyelevator posted:

This is art, thanks!

Glad you liked it, Art

:dadjoke:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/ekkzouj.mp4
audio

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ugh, nuking paint thinner? You gotta use actual fire to cook that. Otherwise you just don't get the right flavor

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Why does something being cheap make it less masculine? This train of thought is wild as hell.

What? They're saying the toxically masculine person obviously cares a bunch about buying MAN STUFF but they don't care enough to buy GOOD man stuff.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

*relabels knob; tags as resolved*

I did all my training in that plane, confused the hell out of me years later why no other planes had a wasp knob

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dirk the Average posted:

Low temperature and slowly cooked over coals seems reasonable to me.

yes, but each and every rack is at a different temp, different distance from the goals...aint no way you're gonna get any consistency. there just isn't any good reason to be doing it that way

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
15 people got stuck at 30m in an amusement park ride in Helsinki. The fire department is currently getting them out. Two rides for the price of one!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

Nenonen posted:

15 people got stuck at 30m in an amusement park ride in Helsinki. The fire department is currently getting them out. Two rides for the price of one!

If you look carefully you can spot the traditional fire prevention rakes carried by all Finnish firefighters.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

CainFortea posted:

What? They're saying the toxically masculine person obviously cares a bunch about buying MAN STUFF but they don't care enough to buy GOOD man stuff.

Maybe they're broke?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Maybe they're broke?

Okay. That has absolutely nothing to do with the words being posted but okay.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Making up a guy to get mad at is a fun time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Making up a guy to get mad at is a fun time.

"Toxic masculinity isn't real and no one actually acts like that" sure is a stupid take by a stupid person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CainFortea posted:

Okay. That has absolutely nothing to do with the words being posted but okay.
That's the point. If you're going to make up a guy to get mad at the devil's in the details and you need to be careful that your point is that toxic masculinity is bad and not that being poor is bad.