Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I hit level 40 on my druid and level 30 something on the battle pass.

The low level druid hearts are no where near the Necro level, but shockwave in the codex is a huge buff for pulverize.

Who knows how the high level survivability will be, but the leveling experience is smoother so far. I've got too sleep and go to work in the morning though. Boo

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
i'm loving these necro hearts

perma decrepify for free and it doesn't even need to be on my bar

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

We've reached peak :butt:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Necro hearts stay winning I wish I could have more than 3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeeSeeBee posted:

We've reached peak :butt:

The Path of Exile cosmetic set.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It was a hoot fighting Avarice with a horrifically underleveled group. Took 10 minutes to kill and the less beefy players probably had fully broken their equipment.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Lister posted:

You're going to need to do five strongholds to move pass chapter 3. Or you can do 10 tree turn-ins. Or reach level 45. The other tasks are really simple but those are the grindy ones that will hold people back.

Probably worth repeating that as of two hours ago you can still just drop and pick up the cache from Tree of Whispers 10 times and it’ll complete that objective

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lister posted:

The task to complete 10 tree of whispers is bugged in our favor. You dropping the box and picking it back up counts as a turn in. Jump on that one while you can since a hotfix tomorrow seems likely.

Ahhhhahaha, yesss. Thank you!!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I spun the wheel and it landed on necro. Auto corpse explode and curse? I feel like I won the Diablo 4 lottery

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 21, 2023

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Leveling is flying by but I am level 30 and haven't got a single legendary which feels kinda weird. Boutta aspect up some poo poo and see how busted the new blood stuff is.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
got to 25 on my druid, going fairly quickly. just doing the objectives is enough to keep me fairly busy. the malignant hearts seem alright, not too exciting so far but we'll see.

game is pretty decent

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Lister posted:

The task to complete 10 tree of whispers is bugged in our favor. You dropping the box and picking it back up counts as a turn in. Jump on that one while you can since a hotfix tomorrow seems likely.

There's already a hook in the game to track Whisper completions for the related achievements, how did they manage to gently caress this up?!

The necro hearts rule.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
It rules that all of the levelling transmogs are unlocked on your alt. Also, necro hearts are great, there’s an aspect that gives you critical strike chance and damage for corpse tendrils, and those tendrils get triggered automatically and corpses explode based on proximity now because of one of the hearts. It’s insane. There’s another heart which casts decrepify when surrounded by 3 enemies, which I presume scales with the points put into the skill? Lovely.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
4/5 dungeons with the butcher, 4/4 on victories. only one had a treasure goblin, but been seeing a bunch of them on the overworld

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
there’s gotta be something bugged. stepped into the next dungeon and immediately another butcher. at least he has a guaranteed legendary drop. i’ve got a full trample slide set done already

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

They upped the scale of the butcher cleaver cosmetic on the rear end of my horse, this is the season 1 content I needed.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Necro is looking pretty good this season. A vicious heart passive that auto consumes corpses every second I'm near them pulls in enemies for free with tendrils, and the corpse explosions are amazing. Easily effortless leveling with this bad boy. Also got a legendary that turns bone storm and blood wave into darkness skills. Blood wave does like 3.5k damage over 4 seconds. Add the bone prison blight puddle, and things kinda just die.

Any other Bone Wizards doing anything similar?

e: just unlocked shadow blight and I'm wondering if there won't be a point where I don't need a generator. It almost seems like it, but I'm big reliant on corpse generation

Zeg fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 21, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Saw a discord post where someone said "the barb heart that says X% chance knockdown all enemies if you have X% attack speed works on Thorns." I'm assuming that the global attack speed from fury plus the 9% attack speed for one handers from the passive tree is applying to thorns.

e: Seems to be working off of Frenzy's attack speed by itself. Still works with the Damage Reduction per stack instead of Global Attack Speed per stack.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 21, 2023

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rock Puncher posted:

I like posting about it, but I also don't want to be the guy who actively turns the thread to poo poo, so I'm gonna give it a rest for a bit. Hope everyone is having fun. Particularly Games Forum, cause he's been a good mod letting people say their piece without just probing them for wrong think.

Well now I feel stupid. I am really sorry. I sixered you before I reached your other posts and you then did a couple of good posts about what you like and I feel bad. I apologise.

This leads me to something else directed to the thread as a whole:
I had been getting a tad tired of people who just seem to hatepost while not playing. I do not mind you disliking stuff while playing, but actively sitting in the thread not touching the game just to complain is weird. It is really weird. There are better uses of posts. I do not like discouraging posting - negative or positive - I dislike echo chamber effects and would rather see opinions opposite to mine so I can understand stuff I miss.

You can be humourous and insightful more than just tiringly negative. Likewise I am not asking for unfettered praise and to state the game is perfect because that too is just as tiring (and false). Just ease off the hyperbolic negative pedals please.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Zeg posted:

Necro is looking pretty good this season. A vicious heart passive that auto consumes corpses every second I'm near them pulls in enemies for free with tendrils, and the corpse explosions are amazing. Easily effortless leveling with this bad boy. Also got a legendary that turns bone storm and blood wave into darkness skills. Blood wave does like 3.5k damage over 4 seconds. Add the bone prison blight puddle, and things kinda just die.

Any other Bone Wizards doing anything similar?

e: just unlocked shadow blight and I'm wondering if there won't be a point where I don't need a generator. It almost seems like it, but I'm big reliant on corpse generation

I’m just playing with minions and bone spear at the moment and it’s been pretty smooth through to level 20.

I haven’t had any real good hearts drop as yet, the 20% chance to chill and the one that uses a corpse skill are pretty cool but I’d like the one that auto summons please

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this is how you end a fuckin youtube video lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZXSDuRvOQ&t=183s

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Games Forum posted:

This leads me to something else directed to the thread as a whole:
I had been getting a tad tired of people who just seem to hatepost while not playing. I do not mind you disliking stuff while playing, but actively sitting in the thread not touching the game just to complain is weird. It is really weird. There are better uses of posts. I do not like discouraging posting - negative or positive - I dislike echo chamber effects and would rather see opinions opposite to mine so I can understand stuff I miss.

You can be humourous and insightful more than just tiringly negative. Likewise I am not asking for unfettered praise and to state the game is perfect because that too is just as tiring (and false). Just ease off the hyperbolic negative pedals please.

I wish you made this post about a hundred pages ago. Thank you for chiming in, though, because that poo poo is getting old.

BoonyPC posted:

I’m just playing with minions and bone spear at the moment and it’s been pretty smooth through to level 20.

I haven’t had any real good hearts drop as yet, the 20% chance to chill and the one that uses a corpse skill are pretty cool but I’d like the one that auto summons please

Auto summons? That'd be enough to get me to try minions. I struggle giving up 2 slots to skellies and golem buttons :negative:

Zeg fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 21, 2023

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

low level druid hearts aren’t inspiring me at all, reading about the game changing necromancer ones is giving me regrets. Might re-roll, although getting shockwave aspect was clutch.

Like I’m loving druid and I want to see endgame but I am now auto farting curses and corpse tendrils and is that ok, you know?

10/10 no notes.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quick reddit tip - main sub is almost unusable, full of rage and hot takes and often missing game news.

class specific subs have a better signal to noise ratio, especially with new content to try (ex /r/d4druid)

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Fair enough I'm off to hatepost about Diablo 4 into other threads not titled Diablo 4. Just absolutely dump rear end on it and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

:sadwave:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

:golfclap:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the necro auto cast thing kicks all kinds of rear end

I'm just walking around and stuff dies

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zeg posted:

I wish you made this post about a hundred pages ago. Thank you for chiming in, though, because that poo poo is getting old.

I was not playing the game so I was not around - I tend to avoid threads for games I know I will eventually play.
I am playing it now (LVG and I did two hours last night, I think we are on our way to beating Act 3!)

Also I do think there are reasons to be down on something you truly dislike. I can think of nothing worse than enforcing everyone dislike a game or everyone like a game. I like conversation and disagreements.

However I am around permanently now. I do not mind handing out sixers to those who have similar sentinements to the post I just hit (but again, seeing the follow up to it I am sorry Rock Puncher!)

Vic posted:

Fair enough I'm off to hatepost about Diablo 4 into other threads not titled Diablo 4. Just absolutely dump rear end on it and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

:sadwave:

try me :twisted:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Ehud posted:

the necro auto cast thing kicks all kinds of rear end

I'm just walking around and stuff dies

Doesn't it, though? :hellyeah:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Best part of necro auto-casting IMO is it returns the D2 class fantasy of laziness that felt kinda missing on launch.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I don't watch any YouTube regularly but it's kinda cool to see that guy blow up, he is like a regular dude who had a 20-30 fps PC living & streaming in Alaska streaming for 0-5 viewers all the time.

He also doesn't have arpg brainworms and as you see in that clip is pretty dogshit at the game compared to most of the streamers which is refreshing, as someone also dogshit at games

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I tried some youtubers leveling build with druid and it sucks. The best leveling build I found was using lightning storm, not landslide

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

MrMidnight posted:

I spun the wheel and it landed on necro. Auto corpse explode and curse? I feel like I won the Diablo 4 lottery

I'm now seriously wondering why I didn't just rejoin the macabre gang for s1. Auto decompose and auto corpse explosion??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
LVG and I are Sorc and Barb. Once we finish the campaign I am going to go Necro and she is going to go Druid.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Collapsing Farts posted:

I tried some youtubers leveling build with druid and it sucks. The best leveling build I found was using lightning storm, not landslide

I dunno poo poo about druid but I played about an hour last night and felt like I was cruising with stormstrike and shred.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Why is adding sockets so difficult? I get loads of junk items with sockets but if I want to add a socket to something useful I need Scattered Prisms which apparently only drop from Treasure Goblins (of which I've encountered about three) or world bosses (which I've never seen).

I don't get why it requires such extremely rare materials.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

my first legendary drop is +1 companions and my amulet ramps core damage for each companion and pulverize is a core skill and now we got a stew going.

didn’t even know a +1 companion aspect existed, spoiler free new character run with random luck rules.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wait you gotta do renown again? i thought it carried over? or was that just waypoints and lilith altars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Stoatbringer posted:

Why is adding sockets so difficult? I get loads of junk items with sockets but if I want to add a socket to something useful I need Scattered Prisms which apparently only drop from Treasure Goblins (of which I've encountered about three) or world bosses (which I've never seen).

I don't get why it requires such extremely rare materials.

it’s rare early, but it didn’t take long until i had more than i’d ever need without ever deliberately farming for them.