Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Dramicus posted:

Did you make use of trinkets that increase vassals? You can get something like +80 vassals if you fill your 4 trinket slots and make another 4 into pedestal items. Though you do need to get a bit lucky with the RNG. Then beyond that there are a couple cultural traditions that increase possible vassals.

Realm size includes vassals, so that wouldn’t help for the achievement. iirc you could cheese it by going back under 80 realm size, but they fixed most achievement cheese so idk
on the other hand achievements are mod friendly now so you can just download some cheat mod and get it instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hi, i picked this up in the summer sale and i've been having a good time forming an african empire but i've been through several booms & busts as obviously i have to share everything on death which means i only ever control one county on inheritance. i'm in a pretty good spot at the moment to hand off the reigns to my young heir but i cannot get myself killed - i've been travelling, doing hunts with people who hate me, pilgrimages without guards, spymasters who hate me, and i keep trying to get myself possessed but i just cannot stop winning: my 65 year old emperor rather than being killed by schemes has had his wife befriend the spymaster, the spirits made him so strong that every time he's threatened on the road he literally picks his own cart off the road then destroys someone in personal combat and returns home even stronger before personally leading the army to another absolutely stonking win in yet another aggressive war.
i can take the decision to kill myself, but is there a less dynasty-destructive way to step him off the stage of history before my heir racks up a bunch of negative bonuses for attempting to murder their younger siblings (again)? i've been naturally dying around 70, meaning my heirs are all like 45 and always come with a massive amount of negatives

also, i'm a few innovations away from transitioning into a feudal empire so i can start working on my inheritance law - at least it seems like my next obvious goal - am i going to run into any major issues with that? i have a number of abyssinian holdings that already have some feudal buildings on them, and more easy land to expand into in the already-feudal east, but the bulk of my empire is tribal at the moment.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Been playing a Matilda game. Got independence from the HRE really quick, conquered most of Italia until the Pope declared himself emperor and then have been playing tall ever since as King of Italy, expanding the empire and putting my dynasty on thrones in the empire and outside.

Doing well, although there was a moment when the Mongol conquered the Byzantines, Ruthenia and Hungary and I thought there was a chance they'd roll over us. Thankfully they've since blown up.

Anyways, the purpose of this post, the first pope was Italian, but since then every Pope has been Dutch. That's weird. The great majority of medieval Pope's were Italian and like half of them were from Rome IIRC. How does the game decide who becomes the next Pope? Shouldn't it be weighted towards someone from land he actually controls?

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 18, 2023

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The pope is random. Sometimes generated out of nothing, sometimes filled by a random Catholic theocrat (or ex theocrat).

Some mods try to fill the gap on this but an investiture controversy DLC that includes a college of cardinals is sorely needed for vanilla.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The pope is random. Sometimes generated out of nothing, sometimes filled by a random Catholic theocrat (or ex theocrat).

Some mods try to fill the gap on this but an investiture controversy DLC that includes a college of cardinals is sorely needed for vanilla.
It can't be random if every Pope for the last two hundred twentyish years has been Dutch

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ghostlight posted:

hi, i picked this up in the summer sale and i've been having a good time forming an african empire but i've been through several booms & busts as obviously i have to share everything on death which means i only ever control one county on inheritance. i'm in a pretty good spot at the moment to hand off the reigns to my young heir but i cannot get myself killed - i've been travelling, doing hunts with people who hate me, pilgrimages without guards, spymasters who hate me, and i keep trying to get myself possessed but i just cannot stop winning: my 65 year old emperor rather than being killed by schemes has had his wife befriend the spymaster, the spirits made him so strong that every time he's threatened on the road he literally picks his own cart off the road then destroys someone in personal combat and returns home even stronger before personally leading the army to another absolutely stonking win in yet another aggressive war.
i can take the decision to kill myself, but is there a less dynasty-destructive way to step him off the stage of history before my heir racks up a bunch of negative bonuses for attempting to murder their younger siblings (again)? i've been naturally dying around 70, meaning my heirs are all like 45 and always come with a massive amount of negatives

also, i'm a few innovations away from transitioning into a feudal empire so i can start working on my inheritance law - at least it seems like my next obvious goal - am i going to run into any major issues with that? i have a number of abyssinian holdings that already have some feudal buildings on them, and more easy land to expand into in the already-feudal east, but the bulk of my empire is tribal at the moment.

It seems like you're expanding since you've made it to emperor level. Are you having a ton of kids and that's why you're always getting knocked down to one county on succession?

My suggestion is stop trying to get yourself killed, and see if you can get your heir killed. As long as they already have a son (or daughter if you have female or equal inheritance) then the succession will pass on to your grandchild. It extends the length of your reign. You can put your son as commander of an army and run him straight into a lopsided battle. No guarantees on anything, but it happens. Before Tournaments and Tours, there was a hunting activity that would pop up that gave you the option to secretly murder your son, which was another good option, but I don't see that come up anymore. If you are really trying to die though, try maxing out your stress. Just take every stress adding decision you can. Once you get to L3 stress, sometimes you can abdicate the throne, but it also has huge health impacts, so you'll die quickly that way.

Other thing, when switching from tribal to feudal, make sure you have a lot of money saved up. The early feudal years are tough because your army goes from costing you prestige to money, and that shift really hurts. Also make sure you've built tribal buildings in every slot you can. Those will convert to feudal types of buildings when you switch. You'll also want to try and conquer any tribal lands before converting because the cost of converting tribal to feudal one at a time is very expensive.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Picked this up during the sale. Been picking small little countries and seeing what I can do, haven't really had much success but it's a lot of fun- kinda hits that roguelike itch a little - each run is super different and ends a different way.
I've lost all sorts of ways:
-Been randomly invaded by an enemy 3x-9x my size because I'm weaker (seems to happen a lot in Africa)
-Had my brother decide he was the rightful heir 10 minutes into a new run
-Didn't realize a neighboring country had strong allies which more than doubled their power
-Lost control with a new heir and was ripe for invasion
-Had a really nice run but then on death my nation was split into 5 and I slowly languished away (Probably there's a way to work through this but I just ended the run after years of nothing)
-Been minding my own business with good relationships then holy war'd from offscreen
-Been imprisoned indefinitely immediately at the start of a run (lol)

Been slowly learning things but it's fun - just barely starting to try non-military power gain (schemes/seduction) and it's a fun different way to play. Hardest thing I'm still working on is identifying massive threats - it's not super clear how to spot things early and how to avoid them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My first ruler had twin boys, so I chose one to be my heir that I would educate and the other I sent to the bishop in the hope that I could make them take the vows. When they come of age the heir has crap scores but the other is strong. I try to convince the heir to take the vows without success and the twin also rejected my request. I reconciled to dealing with yet another shattered kingdom and then at 40 had another boy!

EDIT: I hung in there and managed to get hooks on the 2nd and 3rd in line and convince both to take the vows! If everything works out it will be the first time my entire kingdom goes to a single heir.

If...

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 18, 2023

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Lhet posted:

Picked this up during the sale. Been picking small little countries and seeing what I can do, haven't really had much success but it's a lot of fun- kinda hits that roguelike itch a little - each run is super different and ends a different way.
I've lost all sorts of ways:
-Been randomly invaded by an enemy 3x-9x my size because I'm weaker (seems to happen a lot in Africa)
Been slowly learning things but it's fun - just barely starting to try non-military power gain (schemes/seduction) and it's a fun different way to play. Hardest thing I'm still working on is identifying massive threats - it's not super clear how to spot things early and how to avoid them.

Just on this one - if they are a higher tier (eg a Duke while you are still Count, or a King and you're not) - swearing fealty is probably the best way to keep from being destroyed early on. If you are a hostile religion they'll still usually give you religious protection. Then you only have to worry about fellow vassals instead of the bigger fish.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bird in a Blender posted:

It seems like you're expanding since you've made it to emperor level. Are you having a ton of kids and that's why you're always getting knocked down to one county on succession?

My suggestion is stop trying to get yourself killed, and see if you can get your heir killed. As long as they already have a son (or daughter if you have female or equal inheritance) then the succession will pass on to your grandchild. It extends the length of your reign. You can put your son as commander of an army and run him straight into a lopsided battle. No guarantees on anything, but it happens. Before Tournaments and Tours, there was a hunting activity that would pop up that gave you the option to secretly murder your son, which was another good option, but I don't see that come up anymore. If you are really trying to die though, try maxing out your stress. Just take every stress adding decision you can. Once you get to L3 stress, sometimes you can abdicate the throne, but it also has huge health impacts, so you'll die quickly that way.
yeah, i'm actively ignoring my prestige penalties for not having concubines and my emperors are still dumping out like a dozen kids to wives that hate them. i can't stop expanding because the only way i can survive successions is having a bunch of titles and vassals ready to gift away, an out-of-state marriage, and weakened enemies on the border whose counties and vassals will first be my new base of power then succession gifts until i can sort out my family situation.

i kept this emperor unmarried for quite a while so his kids would be significantly younger - i spent a decade sending my 6 martial clubfooted son into war before disinheriting him in his 30s because he just wouldn't die despite his terrible stats and then started having even worse children. my next youngest is 20 at the moment so i was hoping to skip down to her before she started racking up negative diplomacy modifiers with her siblings. i stopped stressing myself out because it was juicing my stats even harder, but if level 3 lets me abdicate and fucks my health then i'll try that after checking if any of my grandkids would be better, thanks.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Ghostlight posted:

i kept this emperor unmarried for quite a while so his kids would be significantly younger

Just marry an old spinster for her amazing stats, and remarry someone more fertile later.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Before Tournaments and Tours, there was a hunting activity that would pop up that gave you the option to secretly murder your son, which was another good option, but I don't see that come up anymore.

You can start an actual hunt activity and set "murder" as your objective

It's funny I didn't think of myself as a hardcore role player but I never murder my kids because it makes me feel bad lol

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Has anyone ever done a UK isles > vargangian adventure to sardinia > destroy the papacy run?

I did it once before when I was doing a map blob game and skipped the middle step and just happened to have a giant empire that crushed the Pope. I'm trying to be strategic in this game. I am wondering if it is ever worth it to reform my faith even when I am feudal. I like going from Asatru to Hellenism because I make up some story about how my ruler was a learned person who found the stories of the old gods and believed in them and went apeshit on the modern world.

But I think I kind of doomed myself in the last game by working hard to hold the Hellenistic holy sites so I could reform which inadvertently made me weaker and susceptible to internal strife when I tried picking off Italia. I had the Tyro-Ballerian kingdom (which again, I am not sure helped me???) but not an Empire, and it's _tough_ to hold all of Italia without an Empire

Just curious if anyone has done a run like this. Is reformation worth it? Or can you eat the negative modifier from being a feudal ruler with an unreformed faith?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You can definitely just eat it, but mostly because you can abuse the poo poo out of the MaA system. Without that it'd be a bigger deal for sure.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I've done that; skipped the Vangarian adventure to just expand down there the boring old way, getting a bunch of 'raiders of the Mediterranean' stuff along the way. Eating up Italy was a long arduous process, aided by having a good chancellor who nullified a peace treaties a few times.

The only real advice I have is to be real fuckin' careful with it comes to punching the Pope directly, as prior experience has shown that he will gleefully annex various unrealated christian provinces across europe to keep himself landed. So like, make sure a single war will leave him cleanly landless then instantly mash whatever decision you're aiming for.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Dick Trauma posted:

I hate that runaway horse event because it means that within a year or so the second part will fire and you'll die. It only seems to happen when my heir is underage and annoys the hell out of me.

I read somewhere (and so far as I can tell it's true) that the second part of harm events won't fire if you're at an activity when the timer is up. So if you can, start living it up and travelling loads and you can cheat death.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Serephina posted:

I've done that; skipped the Vangarian adventure to just expand down there the boring old way, getting a bunch of 'raiders of the Mediterranean' stuff along the way. Eating up Italy was a long arduous process, aided by having a good chancellor who nullified a peace treaties a few times.

The only real advice I have is to be real fuckin' careful with it comes to punching the Pope directly, as prior experience has shown that he will gleefully annex various unrealated christian provinces across europe to keep himself landed. So like, make sure a single war will leave him cleanly landless then instantly mash whatever decision you're aiming for.

I would suggest taking the Pope last if Catholics haven't unlocked crusades yet. Taking Rome as a non-Catholic will open up Crusades immediately. If you wait, they don't get Crusades until 1095. So once you take Rome, you want to be able to dismantle the papacy immediately, otherwise you'll have a crusade to defend in about 16 months.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

I would suggest taking the Pope last if Catholics haven't unlocked crusades yet. Taking Rome as a non-Catholic will open up Crusades immediately. If you wait, they don't get Crusades until 1095. So once you take Rome, you want to be able to dismantle the papacy immediately, otherwise you'll have a crusade to defend in about 16 months.

Of course, if you have the Making a Killing dynasty perk, "crusade" is Norse for "make a shitload of free gold".

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Masonity posted:

Of course, if you have the Making a Killing dynasty perk, "crusade" is Norse for "make a shitload of free gold".

Varangian troops, this thing, as many knights as you can fit, and declaring on whoever's the strongest is so stupidly powerful. I have to restrain myself from rolling Norse, because they're so hilariously broken. You don't need any land, you barely need any noticable amount of troops, but 3K varangians and ~30 knights can take over the world singlehandedly, if you just want to paint the map.

I don't remember when I last raised levies, even as a non-Norse. They eat your supplies and do nothing but die in return.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Can tribals build megaliths? I'm restarting my Saga in Stone run, and I thought I might reform Tengriism to Esotericism, Warmonger and Megalith Constructions - but only if tribals can build megaliths. If not, I might just leave it at Ancestor Worship.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Moreau posted:

Can tribals build megaliths? I'm restarting my Saga in Stone run, and I thought I might reform Tengriism to Esotericism, Warmonger and Megalith Constructions - but only if tribals can build megaliths. If not, I might just leave it at Ancestor Worship.

megaliths can be built only in temple holdings, not in tribal holdings

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Masonity posted:

I figured this out by accident when I hit the auto ransom button and suddenly had 50k appear out of thin air. I initially thought it was some kind of bug.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know what makes vassals gain a strong hook on you when you do the travel tour thing? I can't see it mentioned in any event but it is very common that they get a hook on you that they then use to force you to have them as a councilor FOR 25 YEARS!
Edit: Did some reasearch and it seems to be pretty common, it's probably from one of the "minor" events that happens during a tour since it is never explained where the hook comes from and it is not from any choice you make: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/13k0mec/grand_tour_giving_vassals_free_hooks/

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 21, 2023

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

Does anyone know what makes vassals gain a strong hook on you when you do the travel tour thing? I can't see it mentioned in any event but it is very common that they get a hook on you that they then use to force you to have them as a councilor FOR 25 YEARS!

This is a common misconception. It says "for 25 years" but it really means "until your murder plot fires or you make them a knight/commander of a hopeless battle."

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

disaster pastor posted:

This is a common misconception. It says "for 25 years" but it really means "until your murder plot fires or you make them a knight/commander of a hopeless battle."

Yeah I usually just straight up imprison them and eat the tyranny because having some dipshit councilor that makes converting counties take 5 years instead of 12 months is just too much.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Dramicus posted:

I figured this out by accident when I hit the auto ransom button and suddenly had 50k appear out of thin air. I initially thought it was some kind of bug.

Also a great way to go from nobody to exalted amongst men in one click. I tend to save prisoners for inheritance time!

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

THE BAR posted:

I don't remember when I last raised levies, even as a non-Norse. They eat your supplies and do nothing but die in return.

Yeah exactly, they die instead of your real troops. If you have 5k MaA and add 5k levies to that, at the beginning of the battle half of the damage you take is being absorbed by your peasants. Of course they only have 10 toughness so the proportion of levies to MaA will drop over the course of the battle, but the beginning of a battle is the most important anyway. Especielly good for arvhers, but I'm not sure how good archers are these days. It's fairly expensive and usually unnecessary, but sometimes if you're raiding the Abbasids or something you need the extra oomph since your MaA+knights would lose on their own.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

disaster pastor posted:

Another way to game this is to make them a vassal of someone else when you can, or the major gently caress you of granting them independence and leaving them on their own against the world.

But yeah the 'vassal randomly gets a hook on you' should NOT be a minor event that scrolls by in the background.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Are tribals playable yet, or it's still "either you take painfully tedious route to feudalism or enjoy your game without 2/3 of mechanics"?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Szarrukin posted:

Are tribals playable yet, or it's still "either you take painfully tedious route to feudalism or enjoy your game without 2/3 of mechanics"?

Norse is fine with all the dlc stuff, some of the African tags have interesting enough culture/faith dynamics going on that their shorter path can be fun. Steppe nomads still feel very underdeveloped.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Szarrukin posted:

Tribals are "Expand like a madman in the early game, at the cost of needing to convert to Feudal at some point". Being able to raise and maintain MaA with Prestige instead of Gold is huge when you are small. The question is can you get to a point where you are secure enough to maintain yourself when you need to leave the Tribal era.

No matter who you are, you are going to want to leave the Tribal era and have decent Development and Tech at some point.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Staltran posted:

Yeah exactly, they die instead of your real troops. If you have 5k MaA and add 5k levies to that, at the beginning of the battle half of the damage you take is being absorbed by your peasants. Of course they only have 10 toughness so the proportion of levies to MaA will drop over the course of the battle, but the beginning of a battle is the most important anyway. Especielly good for arvhers, but I'm not sure how good archers are these days. It's fairly expensive and usually unnecessary, but sometimes if you're raiding the Abbasids or something you need the extra oomph since your MaA+knights would lose on their own.

Is it because I almost always focus on my knights? Casualties is something that happens to the other side, I find.

E:

This image is ancient, but still.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 22, 2023

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think this was asked before but I can't seem to find the post I thought there was about this. I'm back to playing this game and know nothing about MaA. What should I be using in general?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

THE BAR posted:

Is it because I almost always focus on my knights? Casualties is something that happens to the other side, I find.

E:

This image is ancient, but still.

That's very late in the game and only 40k, though. I was thinking more like 60k in High Medieval. If you can just steamroll the enemy without needing levies then they are an unnecessary expense. Though adding 5-10k levies to the pictured stack wouldn't be that expensive—but raising some leveis but not all is a bit finicky and annoying, so if you don't actually need them...

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Staltran posted:

That's very late in the game and only 40k, though. I was thinking more like 60k in High Medieval. If you can just steamroll the enemy without needing levies then they are an unnecessary expense. Though adding 5-10k levies to the pictured stack wouldn't be that expensive—but raising some leveis but not all is a bit finicky and annoying, so if you don't actually need them...

Yeah, I don't have an example of it working out fine in the early game. I could try and get some next time, but I honestly haven't seen it needed at any point. Also, I lost 700 guys. They could've had 100K and I would probably have done fine?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mr E posted:

I think this was asked before but I can't seem to find the post I thought there was about this. I'm back to playing this game and know nothing about MaA. What should I be using in general?

If you check my post history you'll find my big posts on them. They're from before the last patch but I don't think it's changed much.

The tl;dr is:

• Horse Archers if you have access to them
  • Armoured Cavalry (or elephants) if you can afford them
  • If not, Heavy Infantry (or Varangian Veterans if you're Norse)
  • If you don't have the tech, archers
Build all one thing (plus siege weapons).

Staltran posted:

I'm not convinced honestly, due to the way combat width works. In the early game or if you're severely outnumbered then it's a good idea, but by the mid game bringing levies to a fight is just giving your enemy more room to hit you from.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is Paradox still on vacation? I'd like to pick up CK3, but there are some bugs that I'm not loving

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Levies have a place... Sieging down places with your siege engine units while the rest of your MaA kick rear end.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

PittTheElder posted:

I'm not convinced honestly, due to the way combat width works. In the early game or if you're severely outnumbered then it's a good idea, but by the mid game bringing levies to a fight is just giving your enemy more room to hit you from.
I kinda daydreamed about the math, and my conclusion was that as a general rule of thumb, long as you stay outnumbered and under the supply cap the levies will be beneficial to add, as any additional damage you take is more than mitigated by their bodyblocking. The exceptions are extreme-case scenarios like having 100+ knights fighting alone or other such silliness.

Mr E posted:

Step 0: buy siege weapons, as wars are won on the strategy layer. You can bankrupt yourself and/or die of old age before wars will conclude without them.
Step 00: if you are tiny, mercenaries are always the correct bang-for-buck for war.
---
Step 1: Pick the biggest, baddest MaA in the game that you have access to. Heavy Inf are always a safe fallback if you don't have the exotic stuff.
Step 2: Shove them in the stationing-thing-minigame. You may have to pick between money vs military.
Step 3: Don't diversify. The game lies to you, doubling down on a single type allows you to power through any penalties.
Step 4: Knights. Get many of them. Marry random young female courtiers matrilially to get geriatric murder-men.
Step 4: Keep stacking bonuses. The military advisor has an option that boosts MaA, and depending on your culture/religion/lifestyle/etc you can stack a shitton of bonuses, especially on those knights.

Basically, the difference between "I have 8 knights lying around by default, and built a few random MaA" and "My culture and lifestyle lets me have 25 retired demigods operating at 300%. Oh, and my MaA are operating on steriods, too." is the difference between an even fight, and the AI walking into what it thought was an even fight but it turned out be a traveling abattoir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
You don't even have to stack a single MaA type any more, it is so easy to make them brutally overpowered with the stationing mechanic + knight efficiency. In this battle I had ~400% knight efficiency and they alone could probably have won the battle. Levies are just annoying, with siege weapons you siege stuff so fast you can just put 1 MaA unit + siege weapons in a stack and move around sieging everything while your knights+MaA stack murders everything.

I try to have as many +Knights and +Knight efficiency modifiers on my artifacts and cultural traditions as possible. Currently up to 62 knights with an efficiency of ~650% in 1250.