Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Never has it been clearer this game needed another year in the oven. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This is starting to sounds like a Youtube apology video

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
"We have five guiding points that we should have had at the start of development, but we have them now so that's good, right?"

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

this power point slide is like something that should be been an email 3 years ago.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DLC Inc posted:

this stream and the previous one have all but confirmed that the guys developing this game are massive dolts with zero charisma or ability to explain poo poo

These two guys are usually fine, but they seem burnt out as hell lol

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

just put the red d4 hoodie back in stock and i will forgive all ills.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Being a game dev is so rear end lol, people complain about videogames like it's actual politics making you lose your house or some poo poo while you die if diabetes because you can't afford your insulin but really it's because clicking on poo poo isn't as fun as it could be.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Ehud posted:

These two guys are usually fine, but they seem burnt out as hell lol

I don’t think I could go on camera if the entire internet tried to burn down my house for 48 hours.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This stream is incredible

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This is hilarious. "Well, we hosed everything up and did a bad job. But we don't do it again!"

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I don’t think I could go on camera if the entire internet tried to burn down my house for 48 hours.

I'd honestly want to disappear from society and technology for a few weeks

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I was not expecting them to go with throwing themselves on the grenade.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Super awkward

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'd double down and say this is exactly what our vision of the game is and we're working towards a better balance etc etc

Instead they actually have actually no idea what the vision is so they have to apologize this is unreal.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

bio347 posted:

"We had to wreck the stats so we could fix them later."

Also not something you do in parts!

To go forwards you must some times go backwards, to go east you must go west, and to buff you must nerf.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Also "We know the patch is really bad. But also we aren't going to revert it"

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

What a bunch of goddamn dorks.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh man I’m gonna have to watch this thing once I’m out of this pointless meeting

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ehud posted:

game dev is a hell of a career

loving zombie like

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This stream is incredible

it's honestly a weird vibe

they're acting like reddit and youtube are right about this being THE WORST PATCH IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES

Season 1 is fine so far and I'm having fun and feel powerful :shrug:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Hahahahahaha

"We have an overall vision. But doing it over time instead of all at once is better for players"

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

The internets memory is short so we're gonna nuke the stats now, apologize, deleted this video, you'll forget, and then for season 2 we'll bright it back to preseason status and you'll love all the buffs and we'll be heroes again.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They're talking like this is this team's first live service game. I mean, it is for Diablo technically, but aren't most of these devs from the mmo space?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
what were the five points

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man wtf I’m trying to do this level 15 stronghold on my level 17 pulverize Druid and that boss fight ain’t going well lol.

I’ve died like 4 times already lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FirstnameLastname posted:

what were the five points

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

honestly "we shouldnt nerf the one loving interesting thing without providing other good aspects" seems like an obvious loving lesson but lol

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Good Citizen posted:

Oh man I’m gonna have to watch this thing once I’m out of this pointless meeting

it honestly really feels like an all hands meeting where the c-levels are not taking any questions or any responsibility for the last bad quarter or whatever. very corp with slides and decks, i hate it

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Protip for the devs: This is why like all of the other Blizzard properties have PTRs. Maybe try that.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Heh they're doing another stream right before exilecon kicks off

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

harrygomm posted:

it honestly really feels like an all hands meeting where the c-levels are not taking any questions or any responsibility for the last bad quarter or whatever. very corp with slides and decks, i hate it

He said KPI unironically. There must be a suit directly behind the camera.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorc getting CPR next patch (maybe 2-3 weeks out)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

bio347 posted:

Protip for the devs: This is why like all of the other Blizzard properties have PTRs. Maybe try that.

No loving kidding... Pushing changes to live without a test seems like a recipe for disaster.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Nightmare dungeon difficulty nerf hotfix later today.

They said LVL 100 will be roughly what LVL 70 is now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So NMs will be easier and give more loot? Guess they listened to that reddit guy's Final Warning

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

more mobs in NM dungeons and helltides :toot:

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Substandard posted:

Nightmare dungeon difficulty nerf hotfix later today.

But which direction? I honestly don't know if they're going to nerf or buff it. They're all over the place.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

"We promise we're going to release patch notes a week ahead of time."

"There's changes coming via hotfix to dungeons coming later today."

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
High density would have been awesome pre-doom patch. After? My 80 barb already insta died. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Lister posted:

"We promise we're going to release patch notes a week ahead of time."

"There's changes coming via hotfix to dungeons coming later today."

"we're going to talk about the patch next friday, the patch will be in a few WEEKS after that"