Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

The Blind Assassin is almost vanilla game for at least 9 players. This game could be solved mechanically but probably won’t be, and it is completely open except for, you know, who scum?

One town player is The Blind Assassin, who cannot be killed at night, ever. The Blind Assassin does not know he/she/they is the Blind Assassin, because blind. There are only two ways to find out:

One is if eliminated by day actions, the flip.

The other: One town player is The Apprentice, who may target one player each night and learn whether or not that player is the Blind Assassin. The Apprentice is free to reveal results but doesn’t have to.

Finding and outing the Blind Assassin will not win the game for the village.

The Marauders know each other as usual, and who the villagers are and also know which one is the Blind Assassin.

The number of scum will be determined by mod pique depending on how many have signed up, but approximately, villagers will equal 3x scum + 1. The number of Marauders will be announced each day. The gameplay is as usual except that town must eliminate one player every day and scum must eliminate one player every night. Town may vote for no elimination once during the game.

Therefore, while a hammer is possible, if no consensus is reached by end of day, the player with the most votes will exit the game. Ties will be decided by dice roll.

Days will be 48 hours long until there are fewer than 7 players, then 24 hours. Nights will be at least 12 hours long depending on when the day ends.

The roles are as follows:

You are Town. Your only power is your vote. You win when all Marauders are vanquished.
You are the town Apprentice. Each night you may target a player and learn whether that player is or is not the Blind Assassin. You win when all Marauders are vanquished.
You are a scum Marauder. You win when the number of Marauders is equal to or greater than the number of villagers.

That's it, a very simple, open game!

Standard Mafia Rules

-Don't be a jerk. Remember that this is a game. Everyone's supposed to have fun at the end of the day
-Don't post about the game outside of the thread
-Don't post while dead.
-Don't post after hammer.
-Minimum posting requirements: At least 3 posts a day. Anyone not posting at least one post on any day will be instantly modkilled (or replaced). There should be a lot to talk about. Anyone posting fewer than 3 posts on any one day will first be warned, then modsmote if it happens again.

The SA Mafia community takes a lot of pride in being a safe, respectful, inclusive and inviting space. If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone.
Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!

Need at least 9 players but there is room for more! Please note that I haven't done this before and nobody's perfect; Iggy Meen helped me but if it's a fiasco it's on me. Discord link here

1. CCKeane
  2. CubicalSucrose
  3. Johnny Keats
  4. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  5. My Second Re-Reg
  6. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  7. shwiffles (he/him)
  8. Tired Moritz
  9. Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
  10. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

Rhymes With Clue fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i want to sign up for this but i'm already signed up for 2 other games so i won't yet -- consider this a tentative hand raise or obs request depending on when monkey game and sanity game end up filling and getting started

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am currently playing in one game and signed up for monkey, but also tentatively interested in this.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yeah I'll play

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ooh a game with known mechanics that can be grasped by a rational brain! Sounds like you need an absolute moron who cannot carry out this most basic task

Sign me up!

wait so what's the blind assassin's win condition

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

shwinnebego posted:

Ooh a game with known mechanics that can be grasped by a rational brain! Sounds like you need an absolute moron who cannot carry out this most basic task

Sign me up!

wait so what's the blind assassin's win condition

Rhymes With Clue posted:

One town player is The Blind Assassin

The roles are as follows:

You are Town. Your only power is your vote. You win when all Marauders are vanquished.

I think those are the important bits.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ah ok so Blind assassin is helpful to town because they are bullet proof and can be confirmed by the apprentice

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I will play if rhymes promises dog pics in my confessional

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Rhymes With Clue posted:

This game could be solved mechanically but probably won’t be, and it is completely open except for, you know, who scum?

:gooey: OK

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will play, this game, of "mafia."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wow I got watcher I am watcher, that is my role.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

oh hey it's scum keane

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
This sounds fun, let's do it.

(also the discord link is expired :()

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Have updated the discord link and here it is again.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yase

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'll be #9 I think?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok I’ll play

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maf edit, I'll keep watching, let Humalong play.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

Maf edit, I'll keep watching, let Humalong play.

You sure? I said at least 9 players, 10 is also okay (or even more)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Rhymes With Clue posted:

You sure? I said at least 9 players, 10 is also okay (or even more)

Oh right. Okay, sure, let's do it.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I will start this tomorrow around noon US central time, more or less.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Day 1, here we go!

Day 1 will end at 4 pm Eastern time on Sunday, July 23.

Currently there are 8 villagers and two marauders.

Rhymes With Clue fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 21, 2023

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (10): CCKeane, CubicalSucrose, Johnny Keats, Mr. Humalong, My Second Re-Reg, Sandwolf, shwiffles, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey guys, we need to find some marauders I guess?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I wonder when this will happen.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

The number of Marauders will be announced each day.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

thanks for joining this game at my request, Sandwolf, now die ##vote sandwolf

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Hello

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Johnny Keats posted:

I wonder when this will happen.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Day 1, here we go!

Day 1 will end at 4 pm Eastern time on Sunday, July 23.

Currently there are 8 villagers and two marauders.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That was definitely always there.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I bet I'm the blind assassin so please don't vote me out and also marauders please waste your time trying to eliminate me at night. Thanks.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Scum post, way too formal. Town would simply say "hi".

##vote: Voodoofly

I am also a very powerful town role Rhymes with Clue has lied about everything please nobody kill or vote me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Does anyone have a light? Ahaha

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cube is scum. Rip

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I bet I'm the blind assassin so please don't vote me out and also marauders please waste your time trying to eliminate me at night. Thanks.

actually ##vote cube this is probably a scum post and i want revenge for the sanity game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I was given a very powerful boon by the mods and I will be using it tonight.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

folks there are so many good reasons to turbo cube right now

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

shwinnebego posted:

folks there are so many good reasons to turbo cube right now

Tough but fair.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote cube