Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

Can someone summarize whatever it is people have been talking about for the last page,

I'll try when the stream is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Substandard posted:

Also reinventing loadouts apparently.

thank god respeccing right now feels awful. its not expensive, just incredibly tedious

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Can someone summarize whatever it is people have been talking about for the last page,

devs know patch bad, no plans on fixing any time soon

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

gay devil posted:

thank god respeccing right now feels awful. its not expensive, just incredibly tedious

They said they are beginning to look into it. Do not expect it this year.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Collapsing Farts posted:

- they are making nightmare dungeons easier because players really bad and dumb

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They're going to nerf nightmare dungeons in the hotfix later today? Did I hear that right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lagidnam posted:

They're going to nerf nightmare dungeons in the hotfix later today? Did I hear that right?

Yes

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Ehud posted:

One additional stash tab for you weirdos who keep everything

limited stash tabs ensure i keep almost nothing out of spite for limited space. There's no "i might use that later" its "i dont want to run to my stash". also its like they dont want to even come close to touching sorcerer discussion outside of 'yeah its hosed up lmao maybe later"

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

- they are making nightmare dungeons easier because players really bad and dumb

Also, they were surprised it became the endgame content people were pushing themselves to do, despite it being the only endgame content with scaling difficulty.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm not sure what they expect to happen with the nm difficulty nerf. Their endgame is nm pushing because there isn't anything else. They have an actual endgame activity planned but guess what it isn't here now.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

lagidnam posted:

Yes.. They said they want NM 100 to be roughly where NM 70 is and they don't really intend pushing to current NM dungeon 100 where everything can one shot you and you have to kill 1 mob at a time to be an end game activity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

These two guys are usually fine, but they seem burnt out as hell lol

Yeah, between the development, and millions of people constantly screaming at them on the internet, they are no doubt super exhausted.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

No answer for why they increased leaving dungeon time from 3-5, only that they will "continue to evaluate"

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

dyzzy posted:

For a twisting blades rogue getting up to 50 what auxillary skills do folks like to take

I have dash, shadow imbue, and concealment rn but only just hit 15 so not yet at the ultimates
shadow step will be helpful at higher levels to break CC

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
lmao they asked why they changed leave dungeon from 3 seconds to 5 seconds, and he just mumbled for 15 seconds and literally didn't answer the question at all. amazing

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Honest question, do people filming stuff like this usually get makeup or no?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Harriet Carker posted:

No answer for why they increased leaving dungeon time from 3-5, only that they will "continue to evaluate"

Flawless dodge of the question!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The solution seems obvious to me - scale the drop rate of the uber uniques higher with every nm level over 70. This is a no-brainer but I'm sure they'd come back with "oh, the backend game systems work in a way that makes that impossible"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ah the resistance question, finally.

(Reworked in season 2-ish)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
yes let us fight campaign bosses again

sounds like we might get more uber bosses based on campaign bosses

uber duriel lets go

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Taking a drink everytime they mention Season 2, oops I died

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

InventorOfTrees posted:

lmao they asked why they changed leave dungeon from 3 seconds to 5 seconds, and he just mumbled for 15 seconds and literally didn't answer the question at all. amazing

Out of all of the terrible decisions in the patch this is the most unexplainable one. Why. Who could ever think this was a thing anyone wanted or improved anything

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

SettingSun posted:

Ah the resistance question, finally.

(Reworked in season 2-ish)

that's why they added that sorcerer aspect that gives 20-40% now so they can use it later

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

glad there are plans to add the campaign bosses to adventure mode content

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

"Hey your poo poo's broken"

"It's ok actually, we have plans to address that in 3 months. Or maybe 6 months. Or sometime after that? Maybe."

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Out of all of the terrible decisions in the patch this is the most unexplainable one. Why. Who could ever think this was a thing anyone wanted or improved anything

It’s literally to make you play longer OP. That’s why he dodged the answer.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

i would love if someone could pull a clip of this, guy didn't come anywhere close to answering the question and he sounded frustrated

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

IllusionistTrixie posted:

It’s literally to make you play longer OP. That’s why he dodged the answer.

Maximizing user seconds

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this guy sure leans into the "I don't know how to read names" bit

"This question is from....Mr....shama....shamalam....Mrshamanlyman...sorry"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Good Citizen posted:

It's the emote wheel to teleport back to the entrance to the dungeon, right? The thing you use a few times in Campaign?

I'm just surprised they made any changes to it at all! What's the use-case for it on the player side?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

cams posted:

i would love if someone could pull a clip of this, guy didn't come anywhere close to answering the question and he sounded frustrated

I was waiting for the question so I tuned in super attentively when it was asked, and I legitimately started loling at how uncomfortable he seemed by it, and how he just mumbled some random words as his answer.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's the emote wheel to teleport back to the entrance to the dungeon, right? The thing you use a few times in Campaign?

I'm just surprised they made any changes to it at all! What's the use-case for it on the player side?

i can only think about escaping butcher? as long as you can break his occasional slow though he does gently caress off on his own

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Who's managing this lmao

If they're just going to dodge questions why did they put them in the script to be answered

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Honest question, do people filming stuff like this usually get makeup or no?

Sometimes yes, but most times no.

If a dev has to go to a different stage off the Blizzard campus they typically get makeup. They usually only do this for new or smaller games that do press because Blizzard doesn't have a dedicated decorated room for them. They probably get makeup as part of the overall package included with renting the stage (and AV, and catering...)

D4 is the big game that does have a room, and so traditionally they don't bring in makeup. They just call the guys to the room and turn the camera on (because Blizzard is cheap).

Joe Shely looks fuckin rough lol. Remember that the original D4 design leadership got turbo canceled by the Cosby House stuff so he got surprise promoted pretty late from just being the class guy to take over the whole thing. There's a.... sharp uptick in long, arduous meetings in your life after that happens.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SettingSun posted:

Who's managing this lmao

If they're just going to dodge questions why did they put them in the script to be answered

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

May I please have an in-game matchmaking system? I want easier tools for playing with others.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this guy needs a hug, a good meal, and a loving nap

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lmao that dude in the middle needs an island vacation for a month good lord is he fried

if this chat did anything, its that some of those dudes are burnt the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol at joe shelly doing a picard