Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The closer one is to Russia the more nervous, observant & prepared you have every right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
No you see Amerika! Because reasons

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Draadnagel posted:

Great, now extradite him to the Netherlands. He can serve time in prison for his part in downing MH17. loving piece of poo poo.

Would be nice but Russia doesn't extradite its citizens.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tai posted:

No you see Amerikkka! Because reasons

Fixed. :smug:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I'm sure the Finns are just itching to be invaded again, just so they can post cool memes about it for internet cred :rolleyes:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Draadnagel posted:

Great, now extradite him to the Netherlands. He can serve time in prison for his part in downing MH17. loving piece of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/1682423225253261312#m

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1682432400632979462?s=20 Did someone say purge?

Gubarev is a huge piece of poo poo, but that's not why he's in trouble:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1579820810751324160?s=20

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1682431174805692428?s=20

beer_war fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 21, 2023

Burns
May 10, 2008

Putin seems to be trying to stir the nationalist pot more than anything. They might try something in western Ukraine however.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Burns posted:

Putin seems to be trying to stir the nationalist pot more than anything. They might try something in western Ukraine however.

What would Putin be able to try in Western Ukraine? It seems like right now Russia's ability to do anything in Ukraine is fairly limited even in the east and the south..

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

spankmeister posted:

Would be nice but Russia doesn't extradite its citizens.

Ah, but what if he is not citizen

https://twitter.com/ABarbashin/status/1682406492480196608

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Starsfan posted:

What would Putin be able to try in Western Ukraine? It seems like right now Russia's ability to do anything in Ukraine is fairly limited even in the east and the south..

Bombing MORE schools and grain silos will work in the motherland's favor this time!

Burns
May 10, 2008

Starsfan posted:

I imagine some kind of over the border excursion in an attempt to draw off UA's resources from the east.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Burns posted:

I imagine some kind of over the border excursion in an attempt to draw off UA's resources from the east.

Western Ukraine doesn't border Russia. As for Belarus they tried that at the start of the war, and it worked out just great.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Burns posted:

From Belarus? That whole border is fully mined now on Ukraine side - it would be impossible. With as much difficulty as Ukraine is having now moving across Russian minefields, we can assume that their own minefields on Belarus border are much better set up, maintained, and reinforced.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Burns posted:

Putin is trying to quell the nationalists because they've gotten too loud and too big for their britches in terms of talking smack about Putin. Putin needs to make an example of them and keep them in line instead of trying to become the new Prigozhin.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Starsfan posted:

I'd imagine targeting probably infrastructure for Kiev is still a priority, and stopping supply lines from NATO countries to try and starve ammo and materiel would be another possibility. It'd probably have to jump off from Belarus first though.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Burns posted:

All that area is under multiple layers of direct NATO surveillance since it’s right next to Poland

Im fairly certain they’d know immediately if something was even being prepared to be staged

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

the true VDV divisions will now be unleashed over the skies of Western Ukraine

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Tarkus posted:

Putin is trying to quell the nationalists because they've gotten too loud and too big for their britches in terms of talking smack about Putin. Putin needs to make an example of them and keep them in line instead of trying to become the new Prigozhin.

It's surprising to me that Girkin was allowed to be this critical at all. My assumption was that if they stamp out any and all dissent it makes Putin look thin-skinned and too much like a dictator. I guess things are at the point now where the optics don't matter as much as total control of the narrative.

weg fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 21, 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I feel like it could've been salvaged(lol) if all the rants were concluded with "...and that is why we must destroy Ukraine" and/or "...because NATO is that perfidious"

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

EorayMel posted:

I feel like it could've been salvaged(lol) if all the rants were concluded with "...and that is why we must destroy Ukraine" and/or "...because NATO is that perfidious"

Or “…in Minecraft”.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Victis posted:

All that area is under multiple layers of direct NATO surveillance since it’s right next to Poland

Im fairly certain they’d know immediately if something was even being prepared to be staged

Heh. I never said it would be a good idea.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

EorayMel posted:

I mean, isn't that what Girkin more or less did?

Even when he was ranting about military or political incompetence, it always seemed to be from a perspective of "We must win this war, as we all want the Russian Empire to be big and strong and destroy its enemies".

I don't think his loyalty to Russia (or his idea of Russia) was in question. But to Putin, maybe.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tigey posted:

I mean, isn't that what Girkin more or less did?

Even when he was ranting about military or political incompetence, it always seemed to be from a perspective of "We must win this war, as we all want the Russian Empire to be big and strong and destroy its enemies".

I don't think his loyalty to Russia (or his idea of Russia) was in question. But to Putin, maybe.

Absolutely, his angle was that Russia couldn't win as long as the current leaders are in office.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dwesa posted:

it's just propaganda word salad created by diseased mind and meant for internal consumption, he also mentioned Poland was left to be eaten by Nazi army in 1939 and conveniently failed to mention which other army invaded Poland in 1939

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1682364918337601538

so by this logic, the entirety of western europe was a gift from the USA and Engliand

euros are now the colonies :smug:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

ded posted:

so by this logic, the entirety of western europe was a gift from the USA and Engliand

euros are now the colonies :smug:

Any land that I am personally not currently conquering is a gift to the people who currently hold sovereignty over it. Therefore everyone should be paying taxes to me.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Everyone welcome weg on board as the thread's newest IK. Please give him the same respect and accountability that you'd give to me.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Toxic Mental posted:

Everyone welcome weg on board as the thread's newest IK. Please give him the same respect and accountability that you'd give to me.

Who?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i knew this was just another weg the dog situation

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Toxic Mental posted:

"You realize, because of you, this city is being overrun by Baboons?"

"Well, isn't that the fault of the voters?"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i'm gonna give you a wedgie, weg

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

War Wizard posted:

Any land that I am personally not currently conquering is a gift to the people who currently hold sovereignty over it. Therefore everyone should be paying taxes to me.

Ah, the Mongol Empire method. It works really well if you have an untouchable army to back up that statement.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

i'm farting in the direction of both of you. it's very stinky.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

You can't make me respect anyone, I don't even respect myself.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Toxic Mental posted:

Oof, that's a pretty low bar.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Toxic Mental posted:

CommieGIR was fine, but uh okay, welcome weg, good luck with the madhouse

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I can promise that at the very least I will live up to the idiot part of the title.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Rad Russian posted:

Ah, the Mongol Empire method. It works really well if you have an untouchable army to back up that statement.

What if my army only exists on paper?
Do trolls on the internet count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Toxic Mental posted:

Not until I know if he calls it the armenian genocide or the armenian oopsie