Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I never thought I'd be listening to a Nine Inch Nails song on repeat for multiple days but I guess Hi-Fi Rush made a fool of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Waffleman_ posted:

I never thought I'd be listening to a Nine Inch Nails song on repeat for multiple days but I guess Hi-Fi Rush made a fool of me

Man you gotta get better at the game if you're stuck on a part for days

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

huh maybe i'll skip the game after all

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Man you gotta get better at the game if you're stuck on a part for days

I already beat the thing, you palooka!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinitum posted:

It's the 10th Anniversary this month.

The sequel is really bad, and sorta mucks up how good the first was.

it happened, it wasn't great, but it did do an Inuzuma Kick I think so I will call it a wash

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Jay Rust posted:

huh maybe i'll skip the game after all

I also have good taste in music

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Old Swerdlow posted:

I got some new fancy camera with a gimbal on it and filmed a walk with my dog as a test. If anyone needs a chill rear end video to relax/sleep to, it might be a decent watch. Also you can peep my cute borgi.

https://youtu.be/Us1AD3ADAuQ

All this wondrous nature keeps getting in the way of the sweet, sweet corg footage

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dave the Diver has a really cool soundtrack.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dave the Diver looks like an entire game about playing as the guy who runs the floating diner in episode 4 of KR0

haveblue fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 22, 2023

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Now that I'm done with Tears of the Kingdom, I've finally gotten back and finished Live A Live. That's a good-rear end game right there. The entire final boss sequence was brilliant.

Gotta say, keeping a list off all the games I've finished this year has been great at making sure I don't drop a game for too long before getting back to it. Next up is returning to Octopath II.

Games Completed in 2023:

Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Violet
Kirbo Dream Land
Dead Cells (0 and 1 BSC)
Mario Land 2
Castlevania Curse of the Moon
Minish Cap
Final Fantasy I
Pokemon Infinite Fusion
Anodyne
Prey 2017
Anodyne 2
Tears of the Kingdom
Live A Live

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So are we getting the THPS3 remake out of this whole Microsoft deal or just Callodudies and war crafting forever and ever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vicarious Visions doesn't exist anymore so not really

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Revisiting THPS at all is still way more likely than it being done by a reconstituted Vicarious Visions though. I don't think MS is going to sleep on the IP they're acquiring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Couldn't even begin to guess with what Microsoft might do with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard. Other than throw all of their games up on Gamepass. Which reminder; Sekiro is published by Activision.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

Vicarious Visions doesn't exist anymore so not really

There's nothing stopping MS from creating a new Vicarious Visions from whatever of the original team they can afford to take away from the CoD mines is there?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They're gonna add more people to the CoD mines actually

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Microsoft has been extremely hands-off with their recent acquisitions so the idea that Phil Spencer will rush in and radically change the company structure seems like wishful thinking to me. They didn't even bother to save Redfall despite knowing what a turd it was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Starting a replay of Spider-man Remastered, followed by Miles Morales, before Spider-man 2 launches.

I forgot what a cute dork Octavius is before his heel turn. :allears:

I said come in! posted:

Couldn't even begin to guess with what Microsoft might do with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard. Other than throw all of their games up on Gamepass. Which reminder; Sekiro is published by Activision.

Battle.net is probably one of the nicer launchers out there, but it always felt super weird when all the Activision poo poo started crawling into it

Will be curious to see what else other than Overwatch gets thrown up on the Steam store. I can't imagine WoW subs being handled via Steam, for the cut they take, but they might do the main game/expansions?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

exquisite tea posted:

Microsoft has been extremely hands-off with their recent acquisitions so the idea that Phil Spencer will rush in and radically change the company structure seems like wishful thinking to me. They didn't even bother to save Redfall despite knowing what a turd it was.
The company structure as-is is pretty bad as a MS subsidiary. They definitely don't need like 15 studios working on Call of Duty when that's not what's keeping the lights on and they're looking for diverse first party content to stock Game Pass with. I don't think MS is going to meddle too much in the individual internal studio workings or necessarily cancel or change projects currently in progress, but MS telling them "hey make some cool stuff with old IP instead of pumping out middling CoD games forever" isn't too far-fetched I think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was planning to build a new PC for Tekken 8 but now I think I might do it for "Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon."

Bandai Namco stays winning

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My doofus twelve year old cousin gave me strep, he said he could kick my rear end at street fighter and I felt compelled beyond all reason to prove him wrong but I didn’t realize until a day later that his gross sick hands contaminated my switch joycons and then me. Does anyone have tips on disinfecting game controllers? I only have Lysol spray and I damped a paper towel with it and wiped down my switch but now that plastic feels weird did I use too much?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing World of Warcraft Dragonflight, and I got to the part where you get your dragonflight skill, and I don't really understand the point? I would rather just have my normal flying skill.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Playing World of Warcraft Dragonflight, and I got to the part where you get your dragonflight skill, and I don't really understand the point? I would rather just have my normal flying skill.

You are like....literally 10x faster than a normal flying mount lol.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It gets a lot better once you round out all the dragonriding talents too. But that is natural MMO-ness (and/or Blizzardness, perhaps) to introduce something mid and make it better through playing more because "engagement"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was planning to build a new PC for Tekken 8 but now I think I might do it for "Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon."

Bandai Namco stays winning

Well, not the live service department

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dragon makes everything better, just try it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macichne Leainig posted:

It gets a lot better once you round out all the dragonriding talents too. But that is natural MMO-ness (and/or Blizzardness, perhaps) to introduce something mid and make it better through playing more because "engagement"

Okay that is good to know that it gets better. It's peak Blizzard design at the start where it just feels bad and pointless. So note to myself to stick with it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Well, not the live service department

Some would consider this a win

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Electric Phantasm posted:

Some would consider this a win

:hmmyes:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have no idea how anyone could think dragonflying felt bad at the start. I was blown away by how fast you travel zones even before I got the glyphs. Way more engaging than "pressing numpad and alt tabbing for 10mins as i fly across a zone afk"

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
AFKing is what flight paths are for

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I said come in! posted:

Because Dragonflying rules and it actually feels terrible to go to old zones and use the old flying. I never want to go back to normal flying again

(that being said I think old flying should still be an option in DF zones for those that want it. But they are working on a toggle for a future patch at least for non DF zones)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Spend an hour going around collecting the upgrade points for dragonriding.
Also massively improves your QOL while flying.

You only need to do it once, and then it unlocks those points for all your alts.

They are eventually bringing old world boring flying back in, they've datamined the spells, but it's probably not for a little bit.
There's also an upcoming holiday where you can dragon race in the old world to win cool poo poo.

Next expansion is likely a revamp of Eastern Kingdoms + Kalimdor to make it nice to dragon ride in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Spend an hour going around collecting the upgrade points for dragonriding.
Also massively improves your QOL while flying.

You only need to do it once, and then it unlocks those points for all your alts.

They are eventually bringing old world boring flying back in, they've datamined the spells, but it's probably not for a little bit.
There's also an upcoming holiday where you can dragon race in the old world to win cool poo poo.

Next expansion is likely a revamp of Eastern Kingdoms + Kalimdor to make it nice to dragon ride in.

Thank you for the tip, I am going to do this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dragon-glyphs-guide-for-world-of-warcraft-dragonflight-all-locations-with-tomtom-waypoints

Also make sure to do the Trading Post stuff for July, cause they're giving away an updated Netherdrake mount

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Infinitum posted:

Will be curious to see what else other than Overwatch gets thrown up on the Steam store. I can't imagine WoW subs being handled via Steam, for the cut they take, but they might do the main game/expansions?

FFXI and FFXIV both do it that why. The games and expansions are on Steam, but the subscription fees are through Square Enix's website.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

They're definitely working on making dragonriding workable in old zones, and making a ton of old mount animations work with dragonriding. I'm hoping though that it's not a Cataclysm style revamp again. As much as I'd love an art asset update to the old world, I'd rather they focus on new zones with new lore and new races than doing a Cataclysm again

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dragon flying pissed me off at the start because i always had such a hard time just going UP, i just want to fly straight up and hover in a spot and get my bearings which you cannot really do with dragonriding.

it got better eventually i guess, but too bad about the rest of the game

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

My doofus twelve year old cousin gave me strep, he said he could kick my rear end at street fighter and I felt compelled beyond all reason to prove him wrong but I didn’t realize until a day later that his gross sick hands contaminated my switch joycons and then me. Does anyone have tips on disinfecting game controllers? I only have Lysol spray and I damped a paper towel with it and wiped down my switch but now that plastic feels weird did I use too much?

idk I just use Isopropyl alchohol since it doesn't' contain any weird cleaning stuff in it that can gunk up stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

dragon flying pissed me off at the start because i always had such a hard time just going UP, i just want to fly straight up and hover in a spot and get my bearings which you cannot really do with dragonriding.

it got better eventually i guess, but too bad about the rest of the game

Dragonflight has this NPC

So everything is fine now.