Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

He’s just that good at loving up!

Ya know at least Raiden TRIED to fix his gently caress ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
they somehow made baraka even cooler...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Liu Kang learned from Aftermath that sacrificing your friends and allies to drop an epic burn on Shang Tsung is in fact super awesome and is just following that line of thought to its most logical conclusion.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I ran to this thread as soon as someone elsewhere was yelling about fuckin' Khameleon being back.

Are they?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Throwing away the universe just for one Baraka story win

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Rhonne posted:

Liu Kang, how did you end up turning tarkatans into an infectious disease?

"A Parasite he was, so a parasite he shall be. Now he can eat all he wants."

Orv
May 4, 2011

widespread posted:

I ran to this thread as soon as someone elsewhere was yelling about fuckin' Khameleon being back.

Are they?

People are speculating she’s back cause one of the Umgadi kinda has wispy, translucent hair but also that one is in a yellow outfit so it feels pretty reach-y.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Orv posted:

People are speculating she’s back cause one of the Umgadi kinda has wispy, translucent hair but also that one is in a yellow outfit so it feels pretty reach-y.

Looked almost like a statue behind Tanya, if it weren't for the yellow outfit... so maybe as DLC.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Orv posted:

Khameleon was also mentioned in the Amazon Italy storefront leak as a Kombat Pack 1 Kameo fighter.

It'd make a certain amount of sense if she's in story mode as a background member of the Umgadi.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh I hadn’t heard about that leak, yeah that’d make sense. Though what she’d do as a Kameo that is particularly Khameleonaire is an odd question.

Kombat Pack 1 leak is, of course, correct. Omni-man, Peacekeeper/maker/i forget, Homelander, Takeda, Ermac and Quan Chi.

I could not give less of a poo poo about the super mens and their super powers but I gotta have my glowy skull man.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 22, 2023

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1682535936691949568?s=20

Ermac looking deader than ever

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Li Mei seems cool.

They should bring back more 3D characters, it has the excitement of a new character because I have no clue who any of them are.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am now pro-bringing back 3D era characters because they're all basically new designs by this point with the added wow factor of making them not look like a total piece of poo poo and pleasing the 3 remaining Darrius holdouts on Earth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh gently caress me this is an incredible pack.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5gWq4LeUM

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

exquisite tea posted:

I am now pro-bringing back 3D era characters because they're all basically new designs by this point with the added wow factor of making them not look like a total piece of poo poo and pleasing the 3 remaining Darrius holdouts on Earth.

Dairou WILL be back

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

"Yeah we're not doing kombat kids this time, sorry" - Ed Boon on this panel literally minutes before he announces Takeda in the DLC

He has to be stopped

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

John Cena as Peacemaker is going to fight Kenshi and I am on the edge of my seat, waiting for him to say the thing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Duran Duran Cage better be a loving skin in 1

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

I will never loving tire of Johnny Cage, the only thing that Raiden did right was making Johnny the hero of Earthrealm. Liu just got pissed and reset everything.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gavok posted:

John Cena as Peacemaker is going to fight Kenshi and I am on the edge of my seat, waiting for him to say the thing.

Only if Kenshi says it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Alright, if Ashrah makes it into MK1, she needs the outfit from this movie.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

This... works, what the gently caress.

Also Johnny Cage is a grandma's boy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This loving owns, i will definitely watch it

Edit: Li Mei was cool in Deception, her hits didn’t do much damage but she hit fast and had long combos to make up for it. She was different.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bring Back Hsu Hao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

EorayMel posted:

Bring Back Hsu Hao

Yuuuuuuuup Hsu Hao, Kobra, Mavado, and Motaro pls 😎👍💯

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Alright, if Ashrah makes it into MK1, she needs the outfit from this movie.

100% this caped coat-suit with padded shoulders loving owns.

begging NRS to put Drahmin and Hsu Hao in as Kameos, it's time to go all the way with the 3D-era character rehabilitation

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

What if there are 3 dlc packs and the third one has all the remaining 3d era characters

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

EorayMel posted:

What if there are 3 dlc packs and the third one has all the remaining 3d era characters

I'm already konspiring to main Peacemaker, don't make me think of maining Kobra god dammit.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

What if Mokap comes back and he's turned into some kind of celestial star man

Orv
May 4, 2011

EorayMel posted:

What if Mokap comes back and he's turned into some kind of celestial star man

20% of the disk space of the game is Ed Boon as Mokap just constantly spouting lies

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

EorayMel posted:

You'd think this, but they WILL be adding Shujinko as soon as they can.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I like how they announce the 6 DLC characters you can pay extra money for, before fully announcing the base game roster. It really is a case of characters being developed and deliberately withheld from the actual game so they can charge extra for them, at this point. Which isn't anything new, I know, but I'm just so loving tired of these scummy practices.

I think Darrius is the first Kameo character shown not from the first three games, so I guess that opens the door for everyone now and throws my theory out that the Kameos were all from the original trilogy, and now I'm wondering if every character from the entire Armageddon Timeline will be available. If Darrius is in there, everything's on the table.

That could be Khameleon in the trailer too. I can't think of any other characters that would fit who that is supposed to be, unless it's just a cutscene rando and not actually anyone important, but you don't just make someone look like an MK ninja unless they ARE an MK ninja, dammit.

Also Rain totally infected Mileena. He's just casually drinking next to her while she's getting sick.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

Bring Back Hsu Hao

You know, at this point, why not. They're clearly having fun redesigning characters from the ground up, and it's working.

Though, how many times can you say Umgadi in one trailer?

I really hope that they get Anthony Starr in to do voicework for Homelander, though I'm not expecting it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lost my poo poo at “Gilbert Gottfried”. I guess this was the last thing he did before he died?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Went out with a bang.

edit: drat it, I'm getting tempted to pull the trigger on the premium edition again even though I really regretted that for MK11, €25 isn't worth a pack of six characters.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 22, 2023

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

I really hope that they get Anthony Starr in to do voicework for Homelander, though I'm not expecting it.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get him, John Cena, and JK Simmons to voice their characters. If you're worried about the strikes, this would've all been recorded months ago.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Wanderer posted:

I see we've directly addressed the "is Tanya black" question.

Was this ever a question?

Also; there was a screen grab that 95% confirmed Reiko on the main roster and Motaro as a Kameo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Sadly asking a character's ethnicity is always a question, usually asked by the worst people who get performatively offended at the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Also; there was a screen grab that 95% confirmed Reiko on the main roster and Motaro as a Kameo.

It was a scene from story mode:

https://twitter.com/11odgy/status/1682755660948160512?s=46