Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone in the 90s was a massive star the biz was hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everyone in the 90s was a massive star the biz was hot

people used to like road dogg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If there was ever a guy who was the embodiment of catchphrase over

bartok
May 10, 2006

I haven't seen or heard Eli Drake since he left TNA. I wasn't that impressed at the time but he was certainly more entertaining than EC3. Here is hoping he doesn't get Zack Rydered for the crime of getting himself over.

bartok fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 21, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
LA Knight is making the biz hot again

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm glad that Wrestling is big again but I ain't watching that WWE poo poo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

If there was ever a guy who was the embodiment of catchphrase over

I dunno youtube randomly started showing me la knight promos and his earlier stuff. people do like to say yeah cause it's fun to say yeah but based on what I've seen he can convincingly make a crowd believe he wants to kick a guy's rear end without it feeling like a team of writers spent a week storyboarding it.

Like back in the territory days when you'd drive 500 miles for a TV spot and they'd be like 'you have 2 minutes, get this feud, your opponent and yourself over, okay go' and I feel like he could do that easily and it's refreshing. I've never seen him do a single move so he might be complete dogshit but feels like there's more than just a catchphrase imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

I dunno youtube randomly started showing me la knight promos and his earlier stuff. people do like to say yeah cause it's fun to say yeah but based on what I've seen he can convincingly make a crowd believe he wants to kick a guy's rear end without it feeling like a team of writers spent a week storyboarding it.

Like back in the territory days when you'd drive 500 miles for a TV spot and they'd be like 'you have 2 minutes, get this feud, your opponent and yourself over, okay go' and I feel like he could do that easily and it's refreshing. I've never seen him do a single move so he might be complete dogshit but feels like there's more than just a catchphrase imo

No, road dogg

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

people used to like road dogg

The gray preferred Road Dogg.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gonzo McFee posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
LA Knight should wear LA Gear

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

LA Knight should wear LA Gear

Hey I already made a similar joke

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

LA Knight should wear Nike and reebok shoes

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
LA Knight's rival should be British Gear

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1682358767650832384?t=E8gF8fr1QIDWku-w2zU2sw&s=19

LA Knight better watch out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this mf gonna start saying "HEY YO" and become the biggest star in the company

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

projecthalaxy posted:

LA Knight's insane ability to be in everyone's funny early career pictures is bordering on a super power.

The man is truly the Zelig of pro wrestling.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

There’s a microsecond of excitement when I think the thread is talking about some crazy poo poo LA Park did

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am interested in working for either Harvard or Yale.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

John Cena is in Mortal Kombat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT-3vhCl6N4

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Strong “if you’re looking to score weed, I’m also looking” energy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

I am interested in working for either Harvard or Yale.

I am interested in having my novel debut at #1 on the New York Times best seller list or being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to write prestige television.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I am interested in having my novel debut at #1 on the New York Times best seller list or being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to write prestige television.

Pay no mind to the hundreds of boring books I’ve already written

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

I appreciate that your interests are much more ambitious than mine.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

homelander, omni-man and peacemaker? drat that's a fun lineup

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those not watching Smackdown, Charlotte and Iyo had a match that was absolutely loving awful. And despite being the heel, the audience was cheering for Iyo at the end of it because Charlotte looked like absolute dogshit. She also hit the worst ever natural selection ever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sounds like the fed needs to send Iyo back to the performance centre to learn how to work

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SKWrestling_/status/1682555275813990400

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol Charlotte is gonna hurt someone again wrestling like that

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
TV match Charlotte with another vintage performance

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

TV match Charlotte with another vintage performance

That's just Charlotte in general most of the time now. She has put on some real lovely matches on PLEs/PPVs as well.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Cinema

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Was she intentionally trying to make that move look bad for some reason? Like Shawn Michaels doing the comic oversell for Hogan thing? If so, why? If not, what the gently caress was that?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I mean, it really looked like that was a 100% person-taking-the-move botch, she was straight as a board until it was practically over.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

NorgLyle posted:

Was she intentionally trying to make that move look bad for some reason? Like Shawn Michaels doing the comic oversell for Hogan thing? If so, why? If not, what the gently caress was that?

Charlotte has exactly two levels:

1) She can give a poo poo and look good (Wrestlemania match against Rhea comes to mind) but it's incredibly rare.

2) She won't give a poo poo and makes everyone (including herself) look like poo poo. This is as common as fish are in the ocean. This was her tonight. And her match against Asuka a couple of weeks ago.

There's nothing between those levels either. It's all or nothing for her. And more often than not she doesn't give a gently caress because she knows she won't catch heat for it (at least from people who matter), because both Triple H and Vince McMahon are massive Ric Flair marks, and WWE is obsessed with the idea that people/fans will start liking her when she breaks Ric Flair's record, when in reality no one will give a gently caress at best, as she's the least liked of the WWE 4HW by a significant margin.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

she didnt want to bump on the floor so she makes the move look bad instead. Her dads generation is extremely in her ear.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I bet someone doing an earnest hulk hogan routine would get over like rover too though

That poo poo works for a reason

MJF is doing that currently and yeah it is

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

One year ago today the man responsible for the sport we know and love, Vince McMahon, stepped down and retired, and the Era of HHH began. What are some of your favorite moments from HHH’s WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

For those of you not watching get this