Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I get it. Clark would have been heroic if he hosed the waitress after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Winners go home and gently caress the prome queen waitress

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For a second I thought this was the Always Sunny thread.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ruddiger posted:

lmao

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Schwarzwald posted:

Our boy Zack kept the film respectable, but we all know what's going on with those clone machines!

Men like Zod whose martial prowess is inarguable has won the right to beat off into the fetus lagoon.

Clark, a sad failure like his passive father, refuses to fight and instead merely destroys a man’s truck. He later debases himself by loving his human girlfriend.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

La Louve Rouge posted:

I think I get it. Clark would have been heroic if he hosed the waitress after

He walks out of the bar with his arms around the waitress and says “looks like you need a ride :smug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Chad Zod sleeps in a big Kryptonian bed with his subordinates, Faora and Nam-Ek. The Virgin Kal-El sleeps alone in the cold while hitchhiking his way to Northern Canada.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ruddiger posted:

I dropped my magnum condom that I use for my doomsday dong

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I dropped my magnum condom that I use for my doomsday dong

We all saw that Doomsday had no dong. he had plenty of rear end though.

Also kryptonians wouldn't have need for a condom anyways

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Does Zod look like someone who uses condoms?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Threads getting nasty

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

White was defined by his anti-liberalism, and almost purely negative in that respect. This meant he was one of the only reviewers in the relative mainstream saying that, like, Toy Story is ideologically sus, Joss Whedon is bad, and satirical movies like Transformers are only vilified because they lay bare the hypocrisy.

Then, like many who defined themselves by ‘owning the libs’ circa 2010, White suddenly went positive: all-in on Trump and conspiracist fascism, revealing himself to be a rube.

The fatal mistake is in seeing Trump as an antidote to liberalism instead of a derangement of it. It’s the difference between appreciating Michael Bay movies and wanting Michael Bay’s characters to take over the nation IRL.

What's the Toy Story stuff about?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MacheteZombie posted:

Threads getting nasty

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think for me the Snyder joke just felt like another thing on top of everything else that made me feel excluded from Barbie's idea of womanhood. My interests are not usually all that girly outside of MLP, so they get ridiculed as guy things.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It is funny that the Barbie movie is making fun of fanbase who think and talk about a movie way too much.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Strong women simply do not exist in Zack Snyder films

They just don't.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I think the funniest critique I see a lot of time of the watchmen movie is that Snyder made Rorschach too cool while just ignoring that all the scenes and dialogue with Rorschach came from the comic itself.

:lol:

And also the loving squid, people can't let that loving squid go

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Half the purpose of the joke is to cause a reaction and getting all bent out of shape about it would play into that.

It’s a lame joke but whatever, remember when Harley Quinn said the Snyder Cut was never coming out

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

just choosing to assume the barbie joke is a WB studio note

Mandrel fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 22, 2023

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

One of the things I appreciated about Zack's changes in Watchmen is when Laurie and Sally finally talk about how the Comedian is really her father. Instead of the focus being on Sally feeling ashamed and still in love with Eddie, the focus is on Laurie. It also removes this final panel:

Which does show that people's feelings can be complicated. However, it's not necessary. Eddie Blake doesn't matter anymore. What matters now is Sally and Laurie and their relationship. I think that's an underappreciated edit to the story.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pirate Jet posted:

Half the purpose of the joke is to cause a reaction and getting all bent out of shape about it would play into that.

It’s a lame joke but whatever, remember when Harley Quinn said the Snyder Cut was never coming out

Yeah, but she's a villain.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but she's a villain.

But how, she clearly loves to have fun!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

But how, she clearly loves to have fun!

Most definitely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LREaimK-I8

Violator
May 15, 2003

McCloud posted:

We all saw that Doomsday had no dong. he had plenty of rear end though.

IIRC in the making of book they show close ups of the Doomsday model and it had a human sized penis.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Violator posted:

IIRC in the making of book they show close ups of the Doomsday model and it had a human sized penis.

That's the part of him that resembles daddy Lex

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Violator posted:

drat, it was the size of a whole human?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Violator posted:

Ah so this is why the Director's Cut is rated R

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

CelticPredator posted:

Y’all deserved the stupid Barbie joke

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I did not follow the particulars, so it's possible I'm missing the remarkably misogynist aspect of the Snyder Cut movement, but it feels like an easy cheap-shot to hop on the "toxic masculine" discourse surrounding Snyder's work. The Snyder duo have made a concerted effort to not only push women's stories and characters in front of the camera, but also behind the camera in the productive process.

That is to say, given the structure of the joke, a million other things could have been slotted in. In the same Armond White review, there's a note that the titular hero repudiates "Sexualized capitalism". The logical question to ask is what un-sexualized capitalism is.

Violator posted:

This is a natural connection to Snyder getting away with Dr. Manhattan hanging dong, with the manipulative relation of Ozymandias > Dr. Manhattan, to Lex Luthor > Superman; the monstrosity of Doomsday stares directly at and beats Superman with the Superman monument itself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Martman posted:

drat, it was the size of a whole human?

Someone didn't know the difference between ' and "

quote:

The logical question to ask is what un-sexualized capitalism is.

Capitalism in a very unflattering onesie

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Zack Snyder is a great director and his version of Justice League whips rear end but just reading about that joke still made me chuckle.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Just Snyder staying in the pop culture.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
They can't get away from Zach. No matter how hard they try. It sticks in your brain, a splinter in your mind.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

KVeezy3 posted:

I did not follow the particulars, so it's possible I'm missing the remarkably misogynist aspect of the Snyder Cut movement, but it feels like an easy cheap-shot to hop on the "toxic masculine" discourse surrounding Snyder's work. The Snyder duo have made a concerted effort to not only push women's stories and characters in front of the camera, but also behind the camera in the productive process.

That is to say, given the structure of the joke, a million other things could have been slotted in. In the same Armond White review, there's a note that the titular hero repudiates "Sexualized capitalism". The logical question to ask is what un-sexualized capitalism is.

Yeah, I'm surprised this thread is acting like it's funny, honestly. I don't think it's a good thing for media to be equating the Snyder Cut to that incel movement and I don't think it being a dumb joke does anything to help it. See also The Bear, which had a character angrily decry "Incel, QAnon, 4chan, Snyder Cut motherfuckers." Sure, there's no point in getting mad about it because it's not going to change anything, but given the terrible level of 'discourse' around Snyder's work, the strength of the female characters in his works, and the fact that the drama that led to the Snyder Cut ultimately stemmed from his daughter's suicide, I think any joke of this calibre about it is in poor taste. Especially when the creatives are giving these 'tee hee, we're going to get so much flak'-level interviews about "calling out" the Snyder Cut fans. It turned me off from ever seeing the Barbie film, to be honest.

edit: TBQH, letting it pass by with wry nods of approval is basically endorsing the strain of thought that makes claims like: "The Snyder Cut fans, after all, have been very rabid online, which led to them bullying many folks in the creative industry to get Warner Bros. to release the Justice League vision Zack Snyder had. They hated what Joss Whedon did, which caused them to do things like petition, fly planes with signs demanding the cut and even review-bomb other movies such as Godzilla vs. Kong. The studio surprisingly conceded, giving Snyder additional funds to finish the job, but ironically, recent developments revealed the campaign was driven by bots."

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 22, 2023

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Zack Snyder is a great director and his version of Justice League whips rear end but just reading about that joke still made me chuckle.

It reads way funnier, but seeing it in the actual movie is pretty rough lol.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Pop culture misremembers its own history as a matter of course. If you get baited into internet fights over it, where does it end?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Armond White got around to watching the other half of the Barbenheimer Duology and I regret to inform you that he is still on his poo poo
https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1682523576421830656

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised this thread is acting like it's funny, honestly. I don't think it's a good thing for media to be equating the Snyder Cut to that incel movement and I don't think it being a dumb joke does anything to help it. See also The Bear, which had a character angrily decry "Incel, QAnon, 4chan, Snyder Cut motherfuckers." Sure, there's no point in getting mad about it because it's not going to change anything, but given the terrible level of 'discourse' around Snyder's work, the strength of the female characters in his works, and the fact that the drama that led to the Snyder Cut ultimately stemmed from his daughter's suicide, I think any joke of this calibre about it is in poor taste. Especially when the creatives are giving these 'tee hee, we're going to get so much flak'-level interviews about "calling out" the Snyder Cut fans. It turned me off from ever seeing the Barbie film, to be honest.
lmao

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Greta Gerwig is a Lib. She can't really be blamed for this given her class position. But we can despise her.

Edit:
Is that seriously a line in The Bear? Twitter has truly broken the brains of the Hollywood Sickos, lmao.
Justin Timberlake correct beyond all reason when he said rather than live in cities we'll live in the Internet.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 22, 2023

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

porfiria posted:

Edit:
Is that seriously a line in The Bear? Twitter has truly broken the brains of the Hollywood Sickos, lmao.

It was during an episode when the characters host like an old retro gaming tournament at their restaurant and a bunch of nerds show up to compete, lol.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It’s a :jerkbag: joke to be sure but I don’t really think there’s much to say about it except lmao @ a certain subset of Hollywood writers still being mad about getting dunked on by twitter posts several years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

edit: TBQH, letting it pass by with wry nods of approval is basically endorsing the strain of thought that makes claims like: "The Snyder Cut fans, after all, have been very rabid online, which led to them bullying many folks in the creative industry to get Warner Bros. to release the Justice League vision Zack Snyder had. They hated what Joss Whedon did, which caused them to do things like petition, fly planes with signs demanding the cut and even review-bomb other movies such as Godzilla vs. Kong. The studio surprisingly conceded, giving Snyder additional funds to finish the job, but ironically, recent developments revealed the campaign was driven by bots."

I mean, lets be real, the fandom sorta did bully WB into submission. And that's awesome. gently caress big corpos. gently caress studio execs.