Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

RandomReader posted:

I really doubt the 4th pack is all dead because that would be an unsatisfying resolution to them actually surviving Ruina. "Whoa, how is the 4th pack going to make it out alive if R. Corp wants them dead and the Head will too if both versions live? Oh, they just got murdered months ago in the background."

I think it's possible they just hosed off into the Outskirts and the Head let that go. When the T. Corp technician explains the rules, he says that 2+ of the same person can't exist in the City, which means leaving the City might be viable. The other rule they talk about is that if R. Corp breaks the previous rule, the Head is going to swat down the whole Wing, and from what Dante's Notes says about R. Corp, they're still kicking, so I don't think the Head got involved. On top of that, R. Corp was very clear that they were going to cut off the 4th pack if they hosed up the Library job, and they did, twice. Neither pack can go back to R. Corp, and neither pack can stay in the City while the other lives, which could put them in this almost prisoners dilemma-esque situation of either leaving the city or sticking around and hoping the other pack is no longer living in the City by the deadline, either cause they managed to track down and kill them or they left.

The other fun part: Unless they both appeared in the same place, neither pack would really have any way of knowing that their copies are alive. The second one might be able to put 2 and 2 together and infer that if they're alive, it's possible their clones are as well, and that means they're in real trouble. They might be the ones who just gently caress off into the outskirts for the sake of saving their copies who would have no way of knowing they're in deep poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

VinnyDonuts posted:

The other fun part: Unless they both appeared in the same place, neither pack would really have any way of knowing that their copies are alive. The second one might be able to put 2 and 2 together and infer that if they're alive, it's possible their clones are as well, and that means they're in real trouble. They might be the ones who just gently caress off into the outskirts for the sake of saving their copies who would have no way of knowing they're in deep poo poo.

Barring the packs learning about poo poo while they're in guest stasis like the librarians in the books, the first pack could still operate under the assumption there's a second version of them running around. Barring Nickolai who's death line is pretty confident the 4th pack will get cloned again, the rest have to ask themselves how willing they are to risk their lives with the Head that R. Corp hasn't made another copy of themselves that's still kicking, or that R. Corp wouldn't kill them if they did show up to confirm one way or the other that there's a clone running around.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

VinnyDonuts posted:

That's what I was getting at, they definitely did not. Angela did not get the opportunity to return everyone to where they should be.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Ariamaki posted:

I beg to differ.

But in all seriousness I think my favorite part here (aside from Crab Driver:tm:) is that Hong Lu's mahou shoujou transformation sequence is like 90% of the attack animation and then he just bitchslaps them with about one million shrimps.

Until now, I was sure that she was as flat as a board.

Guess I was wrong this whole time.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Marluxia posted:

I am surprised it took this long for Limbus Company to directly spoil Library of Ruina. No question that's Molar Office there.

Because Carmen's involvement with Distortions isn't a direct spoiler for Library of Ruina?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Ariamaki posted:

I beg to differ.

But in all seriousness I think my favorite part here (aside from Crab Driver:tm:) is that Hong Lu's mahou shoujou transformation sequence is like 90% of the attack animation and then he just bitchslaps them with about one million shrimps.

I'm going to say it once: Elle est belle et elle est magnifique.

Now I can legally go back to hating every piece of fanservice that has ever touched this Earth

Also, concerning RCorp, I would really like to see Maxim, Myo and the third one in Limbus but the RCorp identity should indicate that they are alive if nothing else. You can't take a copy of yourself in a particular role if that self is dead after all.

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Until now, I was sure that she was as flat as a board.

Guess I was wrong this whole time.

You're half right since in the CG's she's pretty much a rectangle:

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Now I can legally go back to hating every piece of fanservice that has ever touched this Earth

Also, concerning RCorp, I would really like to see Maxim, Myo and the third one in Limbus but the RCorp identity should indicate that they are alive if nothing else. You can't take a copy of yourself in a particular role if that self is dead after all.

First off, the R Corp IDs are not Myo, Maxim, or Rudolph, they're generics. The team leaders all had capes and none of the ones we've seen have those. Secondly, why do you think we can't make a copy if the source ID in our world is dead? The very first use of the mirror technology was to overlay a living butterfly or whatever over a superdead one in our reality, which strongly suggests that the mirror worlds don't inherently give a gently caress if our worlds source dies. The fact we've met the majority of source IDs while they're alive does not mean they have to be for us to extract a version of them from a mirror world.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I don't have much to add to the spoiler chat from a Ruina standpoint, but I can speculate about Limbus tech all day.

Ultimately, this boils down to the difference between general-pool IDs and season-specific ones. The way I interpret it, the difference is that gen-pool IDs are focused on factions that people in the City broadly know about and seasonal IDs are for factions that are too specific to know about before we run into them during the story. Everyone knows W Corp or the Liu Association, so even if we don't know their secrets it's possible to fish out "what if Character X worked for Faction Y" out of the mass of possibilities Mephistopheles spits out. Seasonal IDs are seasonal because we wouldn't know enough about people like the Rosespanners and Nagel und Hammer until we actually met them to pick out "what if Meursault joined these guys", or even more specific possibilities like "what if Yi Sang had the kind of obsession that would lead to him blossoming like Dongbaek" or "what if Ryoshu was a cook-oh wow we found something really specific".

The point is, the way I'm reading it we don't have Rabbit Heathcliff because we went "find a version of Heathcliff based on this specific Rabbit from Library of Ruina", we have Rabbit Heathcliff because the Rabbits are public-enough knowledge for us to just go "find a Heathcliff that's part of the Rabbits" and have that give us something. If we want a version of someone based off of Maxim or Myo, we'd need to actually meet them or something similar to them first.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 23, 2023

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Random thought but would the guests of the Library after being unbooked even remember meeting Angela and dying? Since iirc all the guests besides some exceptions automatically be put to 'sleep' upon signing the invitation and teleporting to the Library with the fight being a copy made of the guest or something like that. So the 'real' guest should have never fought the Library and 'died' right?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

NotteBoy97 posted:

Random thought but would the guests of the Library after being unbooked even remember meeting Angela and dying? Since iirc all the guests besides some exceptions automatically be put to 'sleep' upon signing the invitation and teleporting to the Library with the fight being a copy made of the guest or something like that. So the 'real' guest should have never fought the Library and 'died' right?
That...is a very good question. I think it might actually be the case, since Tomerry's reaction to coming back completely intact isn't basically collapsing to their knees weeping that they're whole again, but to just go back to mindlessly smashing things.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

L.U.I.G.I posted:

i'm not particularly certain how you could forget rudolph being the head of reindeer team

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i'm not particularly certain how you could forget rudolph being the head of reindeer team

He only appeared like twice in the story and the two time he was there, I Gebura'ded his face into the ground in second. Of course I would forget the guy I never used ingame and that has appeared for like, 2 scene in one game. (I use Maxim so it's the only reason I remember him lol)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
pulled N sinclair and was unimpressed with him - then i got him to uptie 3 and bought Impending Day and its like oh. oh i see. imo it kinda sucks design wise that there's almost no reason to use a character that isn't uptied to 3 but that's gachas i guess.

I picked up Ruina because I enjoyed getting current with limbus company so much, but it's uhhhh super overwhelming, even though I can see some similarities to what I'm doing in Limbus I'm really stumbling over all the menus and whatnot. is there a good getting started guide for that game? Or should I just power through it

e: thank you GilliamYaeger that should be extremely helpful!

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ixjuvin posted:

pulled N sinclair and was unimpressed with him - then i got him to uptie 3 and bought Impending Day and its like oh. oh i see. imo it kinda sucks design wise that there's almost no reason to use a character that isn't uptied to 3 but that's gachas i guess.

I picked up Ruina because I enjoyed getting current with limbus company so much, but it's uhhhh super overwhelming, even though I can see some similarities to what I'm doing in Limbus I'm really stumbling over all the menus and whatnot. is there a good getting started guide for that game? Or should I just power through it
Generally speaking, you want to build your decks like so:

2-3x 0 cost
3-5x 1-2 cost
1-3 x 3+ cost

With at least three/four of those being resource generation cards (ie light gen, card draw). If you're too early to have card draw or light gen cards, don't worry about it and just use three copies of E-Endure.

If you're not sure what cards are good or not, follow along with TQ's LP of the game since I (and a couple of others) give reviews of the stuff you get from each reception.

If you want to know what floors are good, my personal ranking is is Yesod w/The Sauce > Gebura w/The Sauce > Chesed > Yesod > Binah > Hokma > Netzach > Gebura wo/The Sauce > [power gap] > everyone else > [power gap] > Keter > Tiphereth. You will know what "The Sauce" is when you see it.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
The big difference with clashes is that they are done die-to-die; it's possible, when playing one card against another, to lose some clashes and win others, unlike the all or nothing clashes in Limbus. Stagger is a separate meter, instead of thresholds on the HP meter. Damage is also straightforward to calculate, unlike the weird formulae used in Limbus with attack and defense values

Light management is another big one. You'll eventually get characters and cards which make it possible to play high-cost cards every turn, but in the beginning, you'll be reliant on the full light refill you get by moving up an emotion level. You'll mostly get emotion levels from winning or losing clashes, green for winning one, and red for losing one. Which color doesn't matter for now; all will increase the meter. The maximum level of emotion reachable on the floor is dependent on story progression, so those refills will eventually dry up, especially in the early game

It's sometimes worth sandbagging a fight, as enemies give better rewards the higher rewards at higher emotion levels (you can hover over the bar at the top of the screen to see what they will drop). Again, you can't go above your floor's max emotion level, so this isn't that relevant early game

Also, you can start your turn without playing all your actions

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
would heavily suggest the nogrind/drop mod for Ruina as it has so much content that it really doesnt need the extra padding

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You will grind out R Corp three times to get the rare key pages and then their books for Binah’s tasksc and you’ll like it. :colbert:

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

TeeQueue posted:

You will grind out R Corp three times to get the rare key pages and then their books for Binah’s tasksc and you’ll like it. :colbert:

Joke on you, I only farm RCorp twice

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
night vision goggles ego gift does not appear to work, rip

"if you have 15 charge count, remove 3 at the start of the turn and get 5 offense level up"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Generally the best way to learn Ruina's mechanics besides the very basics is to just play until the game starts murdering you

just did my daily extract and hahaha I knew you wouldn't let me down R Meursault, my 700 Meur shards with nothing to spend them on attest that we are connected by fate even though I have never actively went for a Meur ID or EGO

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Hey at least you’re covered for u/t 4

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683371123248078849

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683334841025314816

They seem to be giving out a total of 20 pulls worth of free lunacy between UT4-related bugs and the Bodysack Uptie 4 being mistranslated (the buff said "per attack", but should have been "per kill") in English.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Sooooo I'm gonna have 30k lunacy for the event, I guess.

I'm getting my goddamn swimsuit ishmael. :colbert:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

They're also increasing Offense and Defense modifiers for a lot of skilks, fixing some uptie IV bugs like Gregor not healing and making Talisman Sinclair good on tier IV (back to 5-5 talismans and gives +3 count instead of +1)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh wow that bodysack error, the +2 was meant to be "on kill" not "after attack"

"we mistakenly gave people the idea that this effect was good, when it was in fact completely useless in every way. our sincerest apologies"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 24, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

At least we get a bunch of heath shards and thread out of it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I was expecting apologems for inevitable oopsies, but I was not expecting 2600 Lunacy, 200 Thread and 100 Shards lmao

I'll take it though :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

At least we get a bunch of heath shards and thread out of it.

that's why it's more funny than bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

They're also increasing Offense and Defense modifiers for a lot of skilks, fixing some uptie IV bugs like Gregor not healing and making Talisman Sinclair good on tier IV (back to 5-5 talismans and gives +3 count instead of +1)

G Gregor's bonus damage also triggers on Rupture instead of Rupture Count now, which uh still isn't very good but it's there!!!

anyway i'm gonna use these apologems to buy R Heathcliff a few more clipazines

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'm saving mine to either u4 swimsuit ish or t4 her ABS so I can target three people at once, not sure yet, maybe both. I have boxes to spare.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

I'm saving mine to either u4 swimsuit ish or t4 her ABS so I can target three people at once, not sure yet, maybe both. I have boxes to spare.

I'm still pretty unsure what I wanna u4, only ones I've done so far are W Don and R Heath. Next is probably one of Ishmael's but I'm waiting to see the new ID's numbers before I commit to one

Since I pulled R Meur I might just go for a charge team considering UT4 loves Charge IDs in particular

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683399847884488704

Event info is up.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3680054562602157763
Steam link for the weirdos not using twitter me.

Gain event currency by spending stamina on Main Story missions or event stages, with more currency for repeatable event stages and stages with bosses. Some levels are gated by currency accumulation, and 20% currency buff for event sinclair and Ryoshu and 40% for Ish and Hong.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Also random drops that are worth significantly more currency, which should lower grind overall.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

We have our second alternate ZAYIN EGO, and it looks like it's a good one. I don't know why they removed Representation Emitter's party-wide SP heal only to immediately give us another ZAYIN with the exact same effect, that also refunds EGO resources upon use.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 24, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Emitter is free and this is not. Legerdemain is also way better than any starter Zayin EGO remember.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lord_Magmar posted:

Emitter is free and this is not. Legerdemain is also way better than any starter Zayin EGO remember.

Ryoshu is the free EGO though.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Sinclair with a casual 4 Coin Skill 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

We have our second alternate ZAYIN EGO, and it looks like it's a good one. I don't know why they removed Representation Emitter's party-wide SP heal only to immediately give us another ZAYIN with the exact same effect, that also refunds EGO resources upon use.

The SP and E.G.O Resources are only on kill, so they are significantly less useful against bosses, unlike old Representation Emitter.