Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is there a Sharkenstein movie? What about Were-shark movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a Sharkenstein movie? What about Were-shark movie?

It would be Sharkenstein's monster.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

NotPerfect posted:

I meant what I said.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

also they haven’t made a shark in space movie yet

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

NotPerfect posted:

Dr. Sharkenstein named his creation Adam so the name of the monster would be Adam Sharkenstein, duh

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the running water thing is an old superstition that extends from how sitting water left in the open breeds "lizards" (usually mosquito larvae) or rusts and becomes poisonous. so running water such as from a river was "pure" because it clearly had some unknown capacity to repel evil and sickness and the unclean

for whatever reason this concept didn't really stay in the collective conscience the way that (for example) the purity of silver has, but once you've heard it, you start noticing it all sorts of places

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Space Jam posted:

also they haven’t made a shark in space movie yet

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9554760/

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sharkenstein exists and looks pretty good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Sound On
https://i.imgur.com/EqCvg5N.mp4

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Turned it off after “Open Himer”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mallratcal posted:

Sharkenstein exists and looks pretty good.

please get rid of my prom pictures

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Frank Frank posted:

Has this thread talked about Beau is Afraid yet because lmao

yeah i thought beau is afraid was awful

before i saw the movie i read his reddit ama where he said he dropped acid at the premiere, which i thought was sorta cool, yeah go dude take some acid at the premiere of your trippy movie. then he said it wasn't a big deal cause he has a high tolerance. tripping once or twice a year is fine but if you develop an actual tolerance to acid imo you have a serious problem

i was onboard for the first half hour or so, dipping into the paranoia of beau, and then it became clear he was just filming his bad acid trips with a blank check budget and thought he was tapping into some lynch/kaufman poo poo and it didn't work at all

hope he can pull himself together for his next movie, he has a lot of talent, he may or may not need a loving intervention

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So we’re not going to talk about the giant murderous penis and balls monster that gets shot to death?

I feel like we should talk about the giant murderous penis and balls monster dad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vakal posted:

Also in 2011 Emily Browning was in a movie where she plays a prostitute that deliberately drugs herself unconscious so old, rich men can use her lifeless naked body however they want. This include scenes of her going to friend to have semen pumped out of her stomach the next morning.

Somehow Sucker Punch is still the more exploitative movie.

It’s actually a very key element to the story that the men are not allowed to gently caress her and that they don’t. It’s a story that actually has something to say about labor and exploitation.

She is naked a lot in it, though, so I guess that’s pretty exploitative.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Frank Frank posted:

So we’re not going to talk about the giant murderous penis and balls monster that gets shot to death?

I feel like we should talk about the giant murderous penis and balls monster dad.

i was just totally tapped out by then and thought a giant penis and ball dad monster wasn't quite enough to tie it together, but it was a good attempt

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That reminds me. Did anyone checkout Copenhagen Cowboy on Netflix? I'm on episode 4 out of 6. It's Refn as gently caress.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Frank Frank posted:

is this monster in the room with us right now?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

no thanks!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Cubone posted:

The Monster is at the end of this thread.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Monster is at the end of this thread.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Venture bros movie was good. Felt like a supercharged episode, got genuine laughs from me. They were cooking with the good stuff.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Venture bros movie was good. Felt like a supercharged episode, got genuine laughs from me. They were cooking with the good stuff.

Glad to hear Rich has something new to keep the thoughts at bay

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Cubone posted:

oh you slut

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I decided to rip through the series again before checking it out, I petered out halfway through originally.

A few eps in and I forgot how fuckin fun it is.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Barbie was fun

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Barbie was a good time, extremely solid.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Just based on posting volume it's looking grim for the enheimer. Total barb victory

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Autoplaying tiktok embeds... gonna kill jeff

reignofevil posted:

Oh poo poo it's out!! Gotta get on that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DaysBefore posted:

Autoplaying tiktok embeds... gonna kill jeff

Oh poo poo it's out!! Gotta get on that

Jeff’s already dead, the other admins just don’t know which goon cave his slowly mummifying corpse is in

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What ever happened with bread n roses. I'm assuming everything went great and it's great there

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Mods No Masters posted:

What ever happened with bread n roses. I'm assuming everything went great and it's great there
God I haven't thought about that place in a million years

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

During ‘the troubles’ a bunch of goons went there, they self cannibalized each other arguing over who is more progressive and/or more oppressed. They actually kicked out one of the founders because of that. Then they all came back after it imploded.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

How can he become Dr. Manhattan without hangin giant blue dong?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

There's an RLM thread over there!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I miss dickeye.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/tommgran/status/1681671796297199619?t=encsQaH2DOeUXifnyUGh_Q&s=19

This has the same energy as a Naked Gun scene only without the intentional absurdity.

All of these big CGI movies are like fever dreams to me now. Those babies look like they just copy/pasted a character model from Fallout 4.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Vakal posted:

Also in 2011 Emily Browning was in a movie where she plays a prostitute that deliberately drugs herself unconscious so old, rich men can use her lifeless naked body however they want. This include scenes of her going to friend to have semen pumped out of her stomach the next morning.

Somehow Sucker Punch is still the more exploitative movie.

Yeah, I don't remember the semen pumping but at all. I watched this movie but it was years ago

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

There's an RLM thread over there!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

colonelwest posted:

All of these big CGI movies are like fever dreams to me now. Those babies look like they just copy/pasted a character model from Fallout 4.

SEAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

the running water thing is an old superstition that extends from how sitting water left in the open breeds "lizards" (usually mosquito larvae) or rusts and becomes poisonous. so running water such as from a river was "pure" because it clearly had some unknown capacity to repel evil and sickness and the unclean

for whatever reason this concept didn't really stay in the collective conscience the way that (for example) the purity of silver has, but once you've heard it, you start noticing it all sorts of places

the entire lore of bloodborne is built on this concept