Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mordja posted:

Speaking of deeply unwell, I keep thinking that I should one day play every single mainline Call of Duty campaign, mostly out of curiosity. Is this sheer madness?

it's madness if you intend to acquire the games legitimately, have you seen how much they still want for the old COD games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Speaking of deeply unwell, I keep thinking that I should one day play every single mainline Call of Duty campaign, mostly out of curiosity. Is this sheer madness?

A lot of them are pretty cool and while I don’t think they’d all hold up there’s a surprising amount that other, more serious games have stolen from how CoD does its campaigns, which is cool to see.

It does sound pretty crazy though, especially if you don’t already own them all and were planning to do so legitimately.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Orv posted:

A lot of them are pretty cool and while I don’t think they’d all hold up there’s a surprising amount that other, more serious games have stolen from how CoD does its campaigns, which is cool to see.

Not sure what you're talking about, the game entirely centered around Kevin Spacey is still good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:pirate:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lmao they have a bundle of all the COD games and DLCs on steam for the low low price of $962.60

a whopping 10% savings over buying them individually

Orv
May 4, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not sure what you're talking about, the game entirely centered around Kevin Spacey is still good.

Gonna be real I wasn’t even thinking about that one but yeah, yeah that ain’t great.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

at least you get to kill him

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

If nothing else the Call of Duty single players are an interesting slow dive (relative to release date) through the increasingly bonkers phases of right wing military “patriotism”. I did play some of the earlier ones again recently and didn’t find that era very fun any more.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Assepoester posted:

we can smell something fishy

Oh I love fishing games. They're usually really chill. What have you played?

I've enjoyed Dredge although that has enjoyed the starlight less than Dave the Diver. Also shout out to Intergalactic Fishing. All three great on the Deck too, an exemplary platform for playing games on Steam

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

speaking of fishing games

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1682451731593166848?t=AaSxYXFCvnZP0rBB9XgcMQ&s=19

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuligin posted:

The game riffs on an early soviet aesthetic. This poo poo isnt complicated, theres plenty of actual reasons to think atomic hearts is garbage

Honestly the looting mechanism alone gets it to a dirty 6/10

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kibayasu posted:

If nothing else the Call of Duty single players are an interesting slow dive (relative to release date) through the increasingly bonkers phases of right wing military “patriotism”. I did play some of the earlier ones again recently and didn’t find that era very fun any more.

The space one is unironically really fun and your get to kill John thrones

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hey, anybody know what ended up happening with Titanfall 2's online? I used to play a Frontier Defence quite frequently but stopped after the servers got... compromised? Hacked? Somehow hosed up and kinda lost track of it.

I remember reading something about a... launcher? Mod? Called Northstar but whoever mentioned it to me (a while back) also said that it didn't work for FrontierDef so I never looked into it.

Did they ever fix the servers? Do you still need Northstar? Man I just miss Frontier Defence. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey, anybody know what ended up happening with Titanfall 2's online? I used to play a Frontier Defence quite frequently but stopped after the servers got... compromised? Hacked? Somehow hosed up and kinda lost track of it.

I remember reading something about a... launcher? Mod? Called Northstar but whoever mentioned it to me (a while back) also said that it didn't work for FrontierDef so I never looked into it.

Did they ever fix the servers? Do you still need Northstar? Man I just miss Frontier Defence. :(

I've wondered this same thing too. I wish the multiplayer could at least be played with AI bots.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Orv posted:

Maybe the deeply unwell person should not post here?

you're going to have to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more specific

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

RandomBlue posted:

you're going to have to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more specific

well, for starters, vidoe game

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Punch Club 2 is a lot of fun! I'm stuck in the loop of making money so I can train my stats, but the quests are really good and keep me distracted enough.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm trying to open Steam but all that happens is the stupid verifying installation window verifying infinitely. What do I do?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

My neighbor Olga wears a hairstyle like that and often she'll put a single dead battery in a ziplock bag and try to pitch it at birds, and recently I saw her wrap up an old car battery in a trash bag

Russian sex scenes are pretty avant- guard for sure

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Titanfall 2 campaign was goated

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Macichne Leainig posted:

Oh I love fishing games. They're usually really chill. What have you played?

I've enjoyed Dredge although that has enjoyed the starlight less than Dave the Diver. Also shout out to Intergalactic Fishing. All three great on the Deck too, an exemplary platform for playing games on Steam

I thought The Dredge has a bit of the same issue that Dave - the beginning is very strong, it sets the mood and atmosphere well, but falls apart a bit later game. In Dave's case, it keeps adding too much new mechanics (I still aim to finish it, though), Dredge is considerably shorter but still the couple last areas feel like more of the same. But granted it's shorter so it's easier to push forward in the story, which I really did want to see to the end. And overall my feeling of The Dredge was positive and I'd recommend it, but it's very front loaded in terms of quality content.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Games should have more sexy robots. I mean, it's all downhill since Fisto in Fallout, but we can at least give it a try.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Frontier Defense is playable again, but it's a little tricky. The multiplayer menu seems to have become a ticking timebomb with no visible timer, eventually losing connection and booting you back to the main menu. If you lose connection while in the multiplayer menu, any loadout or customization changes become undone, so if you make an important change or pull an advocate gift you like, manually go back to the main menu to save that before you lose connection. The main issue, though, is that you need to matchmake before the connection timebomb goes off. So, if you're just matchmaking solo, that just means having your loadouts set, exit to main, re-enter multiplayer and immediately queue up for FD.

The secondary main issue is that in the re-brand from Origin to EA App, you can no longer view your party in-game. So, if you're playing FD with friends, whoever isn't hosting needs to vocally confirm that the invite to party worked, which you can now only tell because the "Find Game" option becomes locked. The upside is that if you're playing with a full team of 4, matchmaking time is a quick 5 seconds of finding a server to dump you in, so the risk of everyone getting thrown back to the main menu is significantly less than if you still had to group up then search for pubbies to fill out the remaining slot(s).

Once you're actually playing the game, though, you're good. No more connection timebomb.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Orv posted:

Maybe the deeply unwell person should not post here?
But then there'll only be like 2 posters left on SA...

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Ghosts somehow manages to accidentally end up being about America getting subjected to it's own foreign policy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how the original Modern Warfare is about the USA military loving everything up by being dumbasses who charge in guns blazing to a bad situation.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm trying to open Steam but all that happens is the stupid verifying installation window verifying infinitely. What do I do?

When I used to have this problem I had to shut steam down entirely in task manager, then start it up again

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they updated LISA definitive edition with a better recreation of the iconic shenmue grunt :toot:

https://twitter.com/DingalingGames/status/1682533490011828225

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wait a while. If it's still happening, reboot your machine. If that doesn't fix it, uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I said come in! posted:

I've wondered this same thing too. I wish the multiplayer could at least be played with AI bots.

ClonedPickle posted:

Frontier Defense is playable again, but it's a little tricky. The multiplayer menu seems to have become a ticking timebomb with no visible timer, eventually losing connection and booting you back to the main menu. If you lose connection while in the multiplayer menu, any loadout or customization changes become undone, so if you make an important change or pull an advocate gift you like, manually go back to the main menu to save that before you lose connection. The main issue, though, is that you need to matchmake before the connection timebomb goes off. So, if you're just matchmaking solo, that just means having your loadouts set, exit to main, re-enter multiplayer and immediately queue up for FD.

The secondary main issue is that in the re-brand from Origin to EA App, you can no longer view your party in-game. So, if you're playing FD with friends, whoever isn't hosting needs to vocally confirm that the invite to party worked, which you can now only tell because the "Find Game" option becomes locked. The upside is that if you're playing with a full team of 4, matchmaking time is a quick 5 seconds of finding a server to dump you in, so the risk of everyone getting thrown back to the main menu is significantly less than if you still had to group up then search for pubbies to fill out the remaining slot(s).

Once you're actually playing the game, though, you're good. No more connection timebomb.

Ended up installing Northstar, which is basically a launcher that connects you to a private server browser, filtered by FD and found a game right away.

I was able to connect to Respawn's servers but didn't try to find a match, however googling a bit when I posted that yesterday looks like they're still kinda hosed, apparently a game mode called "spicy attrition" showed up for a day then disappeared this week, so I may just stick with Northstar.

Still feels fantastic to play. I've missed ignoring the Geneva Suggestions on my Scorch.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Jossar posted:

I want game I bought on sale to be played, by me.
Never gonna happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

repiv posted:

they updated LISA definitive edition with a better recreation of the iconic shenmue grunt :toot:

https://twitter.com/DingalingGames/status/1682533490011828225

glad some people are still able to take responsibility for their actions

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Any Warhammer nerds here?
Are Warhammer Total War, Blood Bowl and Mordheim the only games with playable Skaven?

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
There's Doomwheel, but that's mobile showelware-thing that's probably best experienced as a minute's worth of YouTube footage.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ended up installing Northstar, which is basically a launcher that connects you to a private server browser, filtered by FD and found a game right away.

I was able to connect to Respawn's servers but didn't try to find a match, however googling a bit when I posted that yesterday looks like they're still kinda hosed, apparently a game mode called "spicy attrition" showed up for a day then disappeared this week, so I may just stick with Northstar.

Still feels fantastic to play. I've missed ignoring the Geneva Suggestions on my Scorch.

Spicy attrition was one of the custom playlists they’d rotate through. Everyone had their grenades replaced with Ticks. It was pretty fun. One of the other ones was everyone had grapple in addition to any other tactical ability I think

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jack Trades posted:

Are Warhammer Total War, Blood Bowl and Mordheim the only games with playable Skaven?

I know it's a disgrace. I love Skaven so much.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Give me a Scaven city builder or something.
Or an xcom-like.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

I think that is it, yeah. Its massively disappointing I agree.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Give me a Scaven city builder or something.
Or an xcom-like.

Surely Rimworld can fit this bill. Make a rat-like xenotype, download mods involving mutations, pollution and nukes, embark in a cave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Leal posted:

Surely Rimworld can fit this bill. Make a rat-like xenotype, download mods involving mutations, pollution and nukes, embark in a cave

Rimworld has a surprising amount of rat themed mods.