Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Love that these little dudes are apparently cool with just settling into their hiding place without any context provided to Hestu that they're even playing Hide and Seek at all, and they'll just stay there FOREVER unless you find them and they're totally okay with that and once you do they just have a laugh and wave goodbye and continue living their weird little children of the forest lives :allears:

They're plants. Of course they're fine just sitting somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Rolled credits last night. Nice conclusion, good buildup and final fight.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

i'm starting to wonder if i'm the only person who just fused opals to magic weapons and cleared the arenas that way

now the gibdo queen, that was a ballache

I liked the queen. It reminded me of a single player WoW raid boss complete with adds and different priorities to manage to keep the chaos under control. Doing that boss last of the 4 disturbances felt like a good capstone. I haven’t refought in the depths though.

The fight I was not prepared at all for was the spirit temple. Just two huge robots having a heavyweight cage match trading fuckoff haymakers until one can’t get up again. It actually took me several tries to realize there isn’t some trick, I really do just need to beat this dude to death with my fists.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Is there a way to see the total number of Korok seeds/ Bubbulgems you've collected, or is that post-game? I have 100+ seeds in my inventory but I've hit up Hestu a lot already.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Chieves posted:

Is there a way to see the total number of Korok seeds/ Bubbulgems you've collected, or is that post-game? I have 100+ seeds in my inventory but I've hit up Hestu a lot already.

The total number of seeds you found shows up on the loading screen even after you've traded them away. Not sure about bubbulgems.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Chieves posted:

For Bubbulgems, you need 101 more after Koltin is done giving you items for them. I assume they're in your inventory, but if not you can check with Koltin for how many you have.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Docjowles posted:

I liked the queen. It reminded me of a single player WoW raid boss complete with adds and different priorities to manage to keep the chaos under control. Doing that boss last of the 4 disturbances felt like a good capstone. I haven’t refought in the depths though.

The fight I was not prepared at all for was the spirit temple. Just two huge robots having a heavyweight cage match trading fuckoff haymakers until one can’t get up again. It actually took me several tries to realize there isn’t some trick, I really do just need to beat this dude to death with my fists.

Well, the trick is that you can still shoot bomb arrows at it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Docjowles posted:

It was much funnier doing it again against master Kohga

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Docjowles posted:

If you punch it into the electric fence it loses like 25% of its health. I would not have had a good time without that...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Wave posted:

If you punch it into the electric fence it loses like 25% of its health. I would not have had a good time without that...

Yeah ok I guess that is a "trick" but it's almost guaranteed to happen every time you hit him so I wasn't really counting it. Anyway I thought the fight was funny, in a good way.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Docjowles posted:

I love that Mineru has an underground robot fighting arena. Everyone from all over Hyrule coming in to watch CombatConstructs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Docjowles posted:

Yeah ok I guess that is a "trick" but it's almost guaranteed to happen every time you hit him so I wasn't really counting it. Anyway I thought the fight was funny, in a good way.

My thing was that doing that seemed too powerful. Like, I never even saw an attack because doing that interrupts them, and the fight was over before I messed up and let one continue.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Poque posted:

For Bubbulgems, you need 101 more after Koltin is done giving you items for them. I assume they're in your inventory, but if not you can check with Koltin for how many you have.

Any unspent gems are in the key items tab of your inventory.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Chieves posted:

Mucktorok was fine because the low gravity let you snipe it pretty easily.

Fighting it down in the depths without that was a huge pain however!

I just fought one of them in the depths and even with fountain roombas helping out he was an annoying prick.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Hygiene posted:

My thing was that doing that seemed too powerful. Like, I never even saw an attack because doing that interrupts them, and the fight was over before I messed up and let one continue.

I thought that was how you were supposed to do it and none of the other attacks I did did anything and also the enemy could interrupt me just as easily

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also I am getting FAR less korok seeds in ToTK over BoTW because honestly "build me some poo poo to get me to my friend around 2km away" is annoying as gently caress to me.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The water roomba that worked best for me for that fight had a big wheel on top, with two hydrants on opposing sides, spreading the water out in a circle. One hydrant might have worked equally well — didn't test that. Making a huge, rotating sprinkler system on a hoverstone that covered the whole arena worked even better, but that was annoying to build

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also I am getting FAR less korok seeds in ToTK over BoTW because honestly "build me some poo poo to get me to my friend around 2km away" is annoying as gently caress to me.

So was botw korok seeds

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Whoops, double posted from a different device

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 22, 2023

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was the same way. Once I got auto build and a few vehicles that worked efficiently, then I was more apt to give them a lift.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

So was botw korok seeds

BoTW was more 'find the hidden bastards'. ToTK is 'carry the lazy bastard for a couple miles'.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Without realizing I had like 2 arrows, I dove into airplane Kohga. My solution was a beamos statue that zapped him down and then he got a face full of Link.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

BoTW was more 'find the hidden bastards'. ToTK is 'carry the lazy bastard for a couple miles'.

Sounds like you've been unable to find the hidden bastards.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

TOTK is the 2nd strand-type game.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just wrapping up the game:
Was there no male Guerudo since Ganon was sitting there in the basement since the beginning?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I DO feel like there are fewer types of Korok puzzles in TOTK, but that may just because I'm an idiot and haven't noticed them!

Backpacks
Under rocks
In trees
Pots (under bridges or in tree knots)
Ringing bells
Corks
Iron Pattern Matching
Rock Pattern Matching
Fly to a Ring
Land on a Target
Touch a thing on the side of a surface
Touch the glowy object
Ascend at a spot
Dive for a light
Dive into water
Shoot balloons
Apple Offering
What else?

Chieves fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 22, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh no I "finished" last week and now I am itching to get the koroks

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

HootTheOwl posted:

Was there no male Guerudo since Ganon was sitting there in the basement since the beginning?

Given the Tarrey Town sidequest and various comments from BotW and TotK, I think it's pretty likely that if one was born, there's an agreement among the Gerudo that one way or another the child never makes the pilgrimage to Gerudo Village.

Iirc the NPC that sells you the Vai clothes in BotW makes a comment that suggests they could be male, but I don't recall running into them in TotK.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 22, 2023

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Chieves posted:

I DO feel like there are fewer types of Korok puzzles in TOTK, but that may just because I'm an idiot and haven't noticed them!

Backpacks
Under rocks
In trees
Pots (under bridges or in tree knots)
Ringing bells
Corks
Iron Pattern Matching
Rock Pattern Matching
Fly to a Ring
Land on a Target
Touch a thing on the side of a surface
Touch the glowy object
Ascend at a spot
Dive for a light
Dive into water
Shoot balloons
Apple Offering
What else?

When you see statues out in the open in ruined sheds, there's usually some plywood nearby. Sometimes it's shaped to fit, but it can also just be whatever plywood is hanging around. Putting a roof over the statues reveals a korok.
Piles of dead leaves usually have a korok rock underneath, all you have to do is burn them away.
There are little trees with no leaves with three branches sticking out. Nestling a boulder in there reveals a korok.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought that Rauru says during one of the memories that there's only a single Gerudo male in every 1000 births, and that it's a huge achievement that Ganondorf managed to rise to the position of Chieftain considering Gerudo society is by necessity female dominated?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jerusalem posted:

I thought that Rauru says during one of the memories that there's only a single Gerudo male in every 1000 births, and that it's a huge achievement that Ganondorf managed to rise to the position of Chieftain considering Gerudo society is by necessity female dominated?
I'd heard one every 100 years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I forget, how long-lived are the Gerudo? Zora and Gorons live at least 2-3 centuries I think but I wasn't sure if the Gerudo were just "humans but taller" or not.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Hylian and Gerudo seem to have pretty similar lifespans to earth humans, but then you've got folks like certain Sheikah and Twinrova who just live far longer, although maybe they're even outliers in their own world.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

I suppose you could interpret the "one born per century" proviso as being figurative, and it's more that one is born, lives through their lifespan (which in Hyrule seems to be easily a century among humans) and then dies to be immediately replaced by a new one being born. And in Ganondorf's case, he never actually properly died, so the cycle of reincarnation kinda just stalled out.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Manoueverable posted:

Iirc the NPC that sells you the Vai clothes in BotW makes a comment that suggests they could be male, but I don't recall running into them in TotK.

I don’t think you’re remembering this bit very clearly.

The wind blows their mask up and we see a very clear five o clock shadow and Link makes a shocked look at their face. Whether the character is meant to be trans or just a cross dresser is quite unclear. I don’t know if there’s anything indicating that they are actually Gerudo or just a Hylian in the outfit. It would be funny if this is the only AMAB Gerudo in the last century though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

the Gerudo were just "humans but thiccer”

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

MokBa posted:

I don’t think you’re remembering this bit very clearly.

The wind blows their mask up and we see a very clear five o clock shadow and Link makes a shocked look at their face. Whether the character is meant to be trans or just a cross dresser is quite unclear. I don’t know if there’s anything indicating that they are actually Gerudo or just a Hylian in the outfit. It would be funny if this is the only AMAB Gerudo in the last century though.

I clearly don't, but I haven't played BotW since clearing it like 5 months after launch and I definitely did not notice that spoilered detail when I played it to begin with.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This talk reminded me of the one Gerudo lady in BotW who has a dummy of a male set up in her house to practice talking to :3:

I think they have those same dummies set up in the evening "how to talk to Vai" classes in TotK too?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Still lots of depths to unlock here, using this outfit combo:

Anti-Gloom Helmet - Gloom happens! Just a little insurance. (Matters less as my row of hearts stretches to the edge of the screen, but it also looks cool and is thematically appropriate imo)
Climber's Shirt - Climb a little faster when there's no convenient way up
Miner's Pants - So I don't accidentally walk off a cliff or glide into a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

This talk reminded me of the one Gerudo lady in BotW who has a dummy of a male set up in her house to practice talking to :3:

I think they have those same dummies set up in the evening "how to talk to Vai" classes in TotK too?

Yeah, and if you want to listen in to the children's class during the day you put on the desert voe set and sneak onto one of the pedestals so they think you're a practice dummy.