Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

You might not be there yet but at some point a stack of "Vesper Bay Aetheryte Tickets" will appear in your inventory. You can use those to teleport to right outside the waking sands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

At some point early in the MSQ they give you an item called Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket, each one will warp you straight to Vesper Bay (where the Waking Sands is). There's a finite number but it's more than the MSQ requires.

efb

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I just noticed these now, lmao. So they knew it was stupid. Good.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

I just noticed these now, lmao. So they knew it was stupid. Good.

Yeah there's a lore reason why there's no aetheryte in vesper bay, but from a gameplay standpoint that really sucks so the tickets were added during one of the passes of making ARR less of a slog.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Theris posted:

Yeah there's a lore reason why there's no aetheryte in vesper bay, but from a gameplay standpoint that really sucks so the tickets were added during one of the passes of making ARR less of a slog.

What’s the lore reason? It isn’t exactly explained or clear so far so it’s hard to understand that. One of the things I’ve noticed is you hop around the world so much in this quest that I feel no connection to any of these zones. You are here for 2 mins then back to waking sands and then off to another zone for 2 minutes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What’s the lore reason? It isn’t exactly explained or clear so far so it’s hard to understand that. One of the things I’ve noticed is you hop around the world so much in this quest that I feel no connection to any of these zones. You are here for 2 mins then back to waking sands and then off to another zone for 2 minutes.

It's not made explicit until like, 2.1, which is after the end of base ARR, but the reason is the Scions are trying to remain politically neutral and the lack of an aetheryte in Vesper Bay is a specific faction in Ul'dah kind of loving them over in response, iirc

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, make note of the giant lalafell statue about where the aetheryte would be.

This little man is a Grade A fuckstick.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Fought a giant enemy crab named Cancer on the coast of Costa Del Sol - killed it with a group of people and got a little crab pet. 10/10 GOATed game

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

If you like easy minions, there's a sidequest in Aleport I would highly recommend. Skribyld is the NPC you're looking for.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I'm a collector in WoW so I love this poo poo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
maybe next pass for trimming down the ARR MSQ could cut out the 40 quest chain to get wine and cheese for... honestly I don't know why

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ah, you're on the Titan Quests. Don't worry, that's generally agreed to be the low-point of the game.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

girl dick energy posted:

Ah, you're on the Titan Quests. Don't worry, that's generally agreed to be the low-point of the game.

Hurry! lives are on the line as the primals wake up and a masked person is doing evil awful poo poo, now please examine this leaf and run back and forth 10 times between some idiot and a drunk being attacked by dung flies to determine if we can bring back an extinct plant so we can have a wine and cheese party on a beach

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Y'shtola took one look at that poo poo and decided to sit on a bench for the whole adventure, smart girl.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
It’s very good wine.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Funky Valentine posted:

Y'shtola took one look at that poo poo and decided to sit on a bench for the whole adventure, smart girl.

I literally screen capped this!!

Thank you based Y'shtola, took the words right out of my loving mouth.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
These Motherfuckers....

I killed Ifrit you stupid fucks!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

These Motherfuckers....

I killed Ifrit you stupid fucks!

They had to know if you got a hard carry in Ifrit

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That's the absolute low point. The rest of the MSQ's storytelling has its peaks and valleys but you are at rock bottom right now and it's mostly up from here.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Well what immediately followed is a high point for me so far

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well what immediately followed is a high point for me so far

Bow down overdweller under the weight?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Judging by the rest of his posts he’s stoked about the massacre.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bruceski posted:

Bow down overdweller under the weight?

No, slightly after :D

I got my wish and I’m smiling the entire time burying these stupid fucks. Disappointed I don’t see Papalymo in the corpse pile I’m dragging to this cart

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
did the ARR cleanup cut out the "no not THAT kind of corrupted crystal, the OTHER kind" bit? that was worse than the titan banquet when i think about how i was feeling back then

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mister Olympus posted:

did the ARR cleanup cut out the "no not THAT kind of corrupted crystal, the OTHER kind" bit? that was worse than the titan banquet when i think about how i was feeling back then

Nope! I think it may have been trimmed, but there's still the same stupid runaround.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I literally screen capped this!!

Thank you based Y'shtola, took the words right out of my loving mouth.

This is why she is objectively best girl imho don't @ me haters

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Also yeah the Titan arc is the worst, but afterwards you get to go to Coerthas and hang with the Ishgardians which is pretty good

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Crystals is worse than Titan. It's been vastly trimmed but still there and still just as pointless and dumb.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mister Olympus posted:

If they cut that out they'd lose an entire dungeon, so there's only so much you can do.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Feldegast42 posted:

Also yeah the Titan arc is the worst, but afterwards you get to go to Coerthas and hang with the Ishgardians which is pretty good

i also hated the ishgardians a lot but the payoff for that was way better.

though part of it was also because i did it long enough ago that you needed to do sidequests to go to another stage of the MSQ

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mister Olympus posted:

i also hated the ishgardians a lot but the payoff for that was way better.
Same, and I did it less than a year ago. Getting the runaround is much more satisfying when the motherfucker responsible is the bad guy and you get to beat the poo poo out of him afterwards.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the Titan theme really does rip though

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh I should say, check your achievements once in a while.

Sometimes those give rewards and I had like three expansions worth of them to go through a couple of weeks back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mister Olympus posted:

It's much more tolerable than it used to be. It is no longer worse than pre-Titan.

Also Coerthas Central Highlands is the only time in ARR where I genuinely really enjoyed a zone's specific story instead of a zone just being a location you go to for MSQ.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh I should say, check your achievements once in a while.

Sometimes those give rewards and I had like three expansions worth of them to go through a couple of weeks back.

Ha ha, yeah, I spent a good fifteen minutes scrolling through and cashing those out once I realized they existed. Mostly goofy-rear end ARR prestige gear, but hey, I'll take it.

There's also a guy named Jonathas in Gridania that people should go talk to. He's up near that little lake thing. He gives you a special coin for every achievement you've got, and you can turn right around and spend them at his shop to get mounts and things.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Bruceski posted:

If I remember right the official response after that was "we've got an item that's tied to [then 400] different pieces of equipment that a player actively cares about. Do you want to risk something worse going wrong? I don't."

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah Glamour Dressers are infamously not housing items because when they tried to implement it they actually managed to crash the entire test server they were using by IIRC removing it while someone was using it.

I suppose if they tried to implement the ability to queue in duty finder as multiple jobs the servers would probably outright explode then.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Picayune posted:

Ha ha, yeah, I spent a good fifteen minutes scrolling through and cashing those out once I realized they existed. Mostly goofy-rear end ARR prestige gear, but hey, I'll take it.

There's also a guy named Jonathas in Gridania that people should go talk to. He's up near that little lake thing. He gives you a special coin for every achievement you've got, and you can turn right around and spend them at his shop to get mounts and things.

and by about Heavensward you'll have enough to buy out Jonathas' whole shop and then you just accumulate coins forever after that

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also something I realised, you can set your gil counter to display any currency which you can switch through by alt-clicking the gil icon.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 22, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well not any currency, you can't set it to display your tomestones or your tribal currencies. But the ones you'd use everyday, Gil, Company Seals, MGP, sure you can set it to those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That's... odd, I had it set to show my Poetics.