Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

YES bread posted:

i think he should continue to show up every other patch to be ambiguous and make welt uncomfortable, no explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

He's making ME uncomfortable, and I don't like it.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Need an hp rope with crit damage substat that actually hits

Something like this?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Yea I had the same substats, but all the rolls hit break effect

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YES bread posted:

i think he should continue to show up every other patch to be ambiguous and make welt uncomfortable, no explanation

this

literally never pay it off, he's just A Dude With A Coffin Who Did Nothing Wrong

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I hope he shows up in every planet we travel to from now on in his traveling merchant ways.

And then we eventually, in patch 7.0 when we finally get suspicious enough to confront him, it turns out he's actually just a normal traveling merchant and actually truly just passing by. His coffin is actually just his luggage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gamerofthegame posted:

elio is (probably) the fortune teller lady from one of the previews; her cards are the same kafka uses in her explanations. elio is referred to as a he, but gender presentation arguments aside so was nahida (and derivatives)

Nahida was only called a guy because formosa is a lovely localization company, not including paying their actors

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the Tales of the Fantastic is funny because I have read stuff exactly like this.
also reminds me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0WnLWT40g

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tae posted:

Nahida was only called a guy because formosa is a lovely localization company, not including paying their actors

pom-pom's pronouns are regularly confused in english

that's not to say formosa isn't bad, they are, but mistakes happen

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I thought Elio was the owl. Or like a cat or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

All I have to say about Luocha is that he has a very hypnotic voice, and not necessarily even in a "good" way

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ambiguous probably evil healer man is my friend

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elio is Peppy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat that boss fight and music were sick

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I never get money for people using my E1 Welt as support, who would get the most play: Jing Yuan, Luocha, Yangqin? They are all pretty equally geared. I would assume Jing Yuan for whenever people do the robot calyx? The problem is there are always better ones out there, I wish I went for his LC.

Also, is there any leaked plan for the Herta store to have more stuff? I am accruing bonds where I would probably be better off superimposing the hunt or preservation LCs, relative to doing nothing with them.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 22, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the herta store is gonna get a new lightcone, a nihility dot one for kafka

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

actually kind of hard getting to 50k pts in the first chapter.
do i get more plot armor slots to use in ch1 after i unlock the others

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

There's been a leak with a new LC for the Herta store, supposedly. Not sure when it's supposed to come out, I assume 1.3? It's nihility, gives break effect and dot damage, plus energy regen when an enemy dotted by the user dies.

e:f,b

I'm also having some trouble getting all the rewards from day 1 of the event; I don't have a great single target DPS option really so I end up blowing like a whole rear end turn on a trotter at the end of the first wave. Not a huge deal if I can't manage the last two rewards all the time as it's just a bit of relic grist, but maybe later abilities (and getting blade better set up) will make it easier.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 22, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My JY pulls in a trickle of credits, I assume because supports are there for farming and he works well in plenty of places as well as specifically credit calyx farming. Yanqing and Luocha probably don't generate as much but they're the sort of characters I might be glad to see when farming harder stages like shadow bosses or relics.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GateOfD posted:

actually kind of hard getting to 50k pts in the first chapter.

I struggled for a bit with that too. I think the enemies are random, though, because I just randomly had a run where the trial Himeko and Herta loving went off and wiped 2-3 waves at once in a chain reaction of followup attacks. Just keep trying. And definitely use both Himeko and Herta.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I get a hojillion credits from my Sampo, but he's also loaded for bear. Within spitting distance of 3500 ATK, etc.

Zurai posted:

I struggled for a bit with that too. I think the enemies are random, though, because I just randomly had a run where the trial Himeko and Herta loving went off and wiped 2-3 waves at once in a chain reaction of followup attacks. Just keep trying. And definitely use both Himeko and Herta.

The closest I came was doing Herta/Himeko/Sampo/Tingyun. It was like a 46k run.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 22, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got 60k points with Asta and Seele.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i was able to squeak out 50K pairing the trial characters with Clara and Bronya

it would probably help if i actually had an invested hunt, but i closest i have is... lv 50 dan heng.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Just me? but I think its cool that Yukong's summon portrait has little kid Tingyun hanging with her?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pain of Mind posted:

I never get money for people using my E1 Welt as support, who would get the most play: Jing Yuan, Luocha, Yangqin? They are all pretty equally geared. I would assume Jing Yuan for whenever people do the robot calyx? The problem is there are always better ones out there, I wish I went for his LC.

Also, is there any leaked plan for the Herta store to have more stuff? I am accruing bonds where I would probably be better off superimposing the hunt or preservation LCs, relative to doing nothing with them.

Loucha cleans up on the new boss, and he's a good utility for a lot of characters. JY is, in a lot of situations, simply the best damage in the game. Try them both, see what hits.

e: Really though it's going to be rare even if you have a level 80 best in class.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 22, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have my E2 Himeko as my support now that I finally built her. She doesn't pull in an amazing amount but it's a decent trickle. Probably equal to what Seele got me.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pain of Mind posted:

Friend supports are more or less only used for farming content, so an AOE DPS like Jing Yuan is probably your best bet.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I recommend you play with a friend or partner, and both give each other five separate friend support instances every day.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Bailu used to pull in a lot of cash, but hasn't pulled in any lately. Maybe all the people on my friend list pulled Luocha.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My Seele is pretty cracked, and she gets me 10k every day. So any max-level and mostly-built DPS will probably get you those creds. Like someone else said, supports are mostly for fast farming.

On the other hand, if that's not an option, it's only 10k credits a day. If it becomes a pain in the rear end to chase after it, forget about it. 10k/day is so little that you probably won't ever notice the difference.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I managed 50k with Sushang and Luocha, plus the trial characters. Also managed to get 2 stars on MoC 7 on the first try and I finally squeezed out the third star on 5. Total of 18 stars for this cycle which isn't too bad. The new Forgotten Hall stages past the second can suck a dick though.

I get a decent trickle from my Sushang as my support, and I try to use people's standard 4/5 stars when appropriate. Sushang is my most invested character at 6/10/10/10 traces and E6. She's also the first I ascended and unlocked her A6. Girl is sick.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

My Seele is pretty cracked, and she gets me 10k every day. So any max-level and mostly-built DPS will probably get you those creds. Like someone else said, supports are mostly for fast farming.

Hm, might try putting my JY up then, since he's my strongest DPS and is good for farming.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

My e6 Qingque main dps pulled in no cash because people have no taste (and I can't leave a note saying how built my support character is)

Luocha is pulling in mad cash at least.

Also Prime Bundle #4 is up

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My icon is still Qingque

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
For Nameless Honor points, if 8000 is the weekly cap, do I lose any points I'd earn that might put me over, or are the points banked until next week similar to how Trailblazer points are banked until you go up another EQ level? I'm close to the 8000 cap for the week, but anything else I get would put me over.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Fhqwhgads posted:

For Nameless Honor points, if 8000 is the weekly cap, do I lose any points I'd earn that might put me over, or are the points banked until next week similar to how Trailblazer points are banked until you go up another EQ level? I'm close to the 8000 cap for the week, but anything else I get would put me over.

They vanish into the ether.

But note that the cap only applies to the daily and weekly tasks.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Jabor posted:

They vanish into the ether.

But note that the cap only applies to the daily and weekly tasks.

So I have about 800 points to go to hit the 8000 weekly cap. My Daily/Weekly tasks are done. I have a few of the monthly/session tasks left that are like 1400 or 2100 points or whatever. If I complete those, do I only get 800 points this week and completely lose the rest? Or would I start next week with the remainder of those points already recorded?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fhqwhgads posted:

So I have about 800 points to go to hit the 8000 weekly cap. My Daily/Weekly tasks are done. I have a few of the monthly/session tasks left that are like 1400 or 2100 points or whatever. If I complete those, do I only get 800 points this week and completely lose the rest? Or would I start next week with the remainder of those points already recorded?

Tasks that are once per BP aren’t counted as part of the weekly tally at all, you get the full chunk regardless.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Bussamove posted:

Tasks that are once per BP aren’t counted as part of the weekly tally at all, you get the full chunk regardless.

Beautiful, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

How did people struggle getting 50k? I got 53k on my first try, just pick the plot armor that boost the follow up attack and put in your best follow up attackers (I used March 7th and Clara)