Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

c sciatica s: it's been a hell of a week but starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. off anything stronger than advil/tylenol and doing my physio exercises x2. still can't walk more than 8-10 minutes without resting but it's a start. also doesn't hurt anymore just to lie in bed and try to extract sleep

Extracted sleep is available ready-made at stores and restaurants. My favoured sleep extract is called "Four Bottles of Squat Wine".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(Do not drink four bottles of [poo poo] wine.)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

*half paying attention* drink four bottles of wine. got it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

*half paying attention* drink four bottles of wine. got it

Sleep tight.

(I don't know if the pun comes across to anyone else under like 70.)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oops shouldn't've quadrupled my Candesartan dose on my own I guess. I thought I had high BP but it's 106/63 lmao.

lmao they mis-dosed me on my BP meds the first i went in for afib, and i went home, took my pill, and woke up to a 43 bpm heart rate

To be fair, i felt incredibly chill and relaxed. but i also think i was close to dying

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sorry, are people fermenting poo now?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

how are you this old and you've never heard of jenkem

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Sorry, are people fermenting poo now?

"squat wine" means the wine Alko puts on the lowest shelves, i.e. the shittest cheapest wine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

having a greasy meat pie for breakfast so i can get my bp up

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Surely a lower BP should make for a higher heart rate? (It does for me.)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It kinda depends on the body and condition and what medications you're on

beta blockers (aka my ignore list!!!!) tend to drop both pulse and bp

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sleep tight.

(I don't know if the pun comes across to anyone else under like 70.)
i got the pun but i agree it's not common anymore especially for the under-30 set. but even for those under 40

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just had a pils, two bottles of white wine, and a 8cl Koskenkorva-Coke. For medicinal purposes! Alcohol raises BP. I'm still a bit under but getting to normalcy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

i got the pun but i agree it's not common anymore especially for the under-30 set. but even for those under 40

I'm 40 4 but I've been 50 since I was 14.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"squat wine" means the wine Alko puts on the lowest shelves, i.e. the shittest cheapest wine.

So like when you're squatting and you're posts come out?

:thejoke: I know what you meant, just wanted to rib a little!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volmarias posted:

So like when you're squatting and you're posts come out?

If only you had elucidated somehow, we wouldn't be posting enemas now!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If only you had elucidated somehow, we wouldn't be posting enemas now!

Let us be posting frenemas, and describe ourselves with the Bristol Shitpost Scale.

I would say that we are pretty close to the high end, with small, pellet like shitposts. Concise, and painful at times.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

man i woke up with a tweaked shoulder this moring and can barely move my head today

mystes
May 31, 2006

post hole digger posted:

man i woke up with a tweaked shoulder this moring and can barely move my head today
I hate when they introduce new bugs in minor version updates

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just take tylenol as a matter of course a couple days a week now. better living through chemistry!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao they mis-dosed me on my BP meds the first i went in for afib, and i went home, took my pill, and woke up to a 43 bpm heart rate

To be fair, i felt incredibly chill and relaxed. but i also think i was close to dying

I know it's not the same but my heart rate gets pretty leisurely when I come down from altitude. feels a bit weird, cardiologist says my ECG is OK*

me rn

* it's abnormal but the change is benign early repolarisation

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Achmed Jones posted:

i just take tylenol as a matter of course a couple days a week now. better living through chemistry!

i just suffer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
perhaps it comes with the territory but I medicate at the slightest hint of discomfort

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

perhaps it comes with the territory but I medicate at the slightest hint of discomfort

i have played a lot of contact sports in my life and have taken my fair share of nsaids/tylenol already so i don't always get around to taking stuff when it would probably be for the better

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am extremely a wuss

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i used to not take otc medicine. but then i did one time and was like "holy poo poo im not in significant pain any more, this owns." now medicine is my bff

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Achmed Jones posted:

i used to not take otc medicine. but then i did one time and was like "holy poo poo im not in significant pain any more, this owns." now medicine is my bff

for whatever reason when my rotator cuff flares up the naproxen works and aspirin and ibuprofen do not

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

i just suffer

GOUTSE.CX: I just suffer.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Volmarias posted:

GOUTSE.CX: I just suffer.

hm. strong

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i try to take one advil instead of two. it tends to help sufficiently with whatever i'm taking it for (headache or inflammation-related injury usually). i figure that way, if/when the pain gets really bad, i can take two advil! or three! anyway i explained this logic to a nurse one time and she was like "uhhh no it's dosed by weight", but i've kept doing it my way regardless, because what the gently caress do nurses know

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i've kept doing it my way regardless, because what the gently caress do nurses know

also a strong title candidate lol

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ibuprofen is not dosed by weight. the spectrum of knowledge and skill in nursing is very wide, but the minimum is "wouldn't trust to make a cup of tea"

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i knew i was loving right. you take the least amount of the drug that is effective

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

assuming you have 200mg tablets, 1 or 2 is the dose. it can gently caress up your stomach though.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i take 50000mg of ibuprofen daily and can perform daily tasks better than men half my age

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i mean yeah broadly most things are dosed by mg/kg, which on the average for nsaids comes out to 2 pill for adult human, adjust by 1 in either direction and everything is fine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

post hole digger posted:

owned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

i mean yeah broadly most things are dosed by mg/kg, which on the average for nsaids comes out to 2 pill for adult human, adjust by 1 in either direction and everything is fine

hmm I would be wary of generalising and some drugs are even “ideal body weight” it’s not like you get to take more drugs just coz you’re a wee bit chunky lol

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

yup for sure, or surface area, or lean mass.

we were working on pediatric dosing for a cell therapy I work on and one proposal was to base it off estimated blood volume. cell therapy Pk is very different from small molecule Pk of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
generally i get way better care from nurses than i ever do doctors but like with any job it’s hit and miss. anyway with ibuprofen try to take it with food or a big glass of water to make it easier on your stomach. also do not take it regularly with pepto bismol.

i can’t remember if i’ve brought it up before but i’ve noticed a trend in the last few years where almost all the ibuprofen and acetaminophen in the pharmacies are now extra strength only. i actually have to hunt for the “regular strength” pills so that i have more latitude with dosing

anyway seems like yet another an indictment of society that everyone’s in enough pain all the time to only buy extra strength versions