Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
It's Niedersachsen though and therefore irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Die Elbe. Die irre Levante.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/lalacookieee/status/1681562662700830720?s=20

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/OlliL/status/1681750241228275717?s=20

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gerda freut sich, sie ist die Deutsche und muss nichts zahlen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Bomb removal should be privatized. If you have a problem with the bomb in your neighborhood you should pay for it's removal yourself or learn to solve your problems on your own, without relying on big government.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 20, 2023

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

No gold fringe on the bomb! I do not consent and I do not recognize the bomb's authority

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

This is a surprisingly dark ad

https://twitter.com/BVG_Kampagne/status/1681964857522892800?s=20

:catstare:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Bomber Harris finally doing it again and you're complaining?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

its funny that when a movie bombs its supposed to be the opposite of a blockbuster :thunk:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Was kann schon schief gehen?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That would imply the CSU wants to move left of the AfD, which is obviously not the case.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

I'm sure adopting and amplifying AFD messaging will lead to people voting for the CSU instead of the AFD.

This has been proven to work in all other cases where the CSU, CDU and FDP have tried this tactic in the past, leading to great victories for those parties in the election in _______ and catastrophic losses to the AFD in the election in ___________.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

As soon as they use AfD rhetoric, people go to the AfD in droves.
What this exposes is that the ideology of the CDU/CSU/FDP doesn't seem to be all that different from the AfD's, beyond the Nazi stigma.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Notably, Schleswig-Holstein's CDU seems to be largely staying out of the whole culture war garbage and it's doing way the gently caress better at keeping the AfD down than elsewhere.

I don't think the rest of the CSU/CDU is ignorant of that, either. Turns out they just love fascism, either as a smokescreen for more tax breaks or just for its own sake.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Bundes-CDU foaming at the mouth at the SH-CDU's coalition partner is bad optics.

I wouldn't call Günter's CDU "good" (ACAB), but it's funny how the SPD's suggestion to put climate protection into the Verfassung made it into the Black/Green coalition contract…

The coalition contract is pretty funny btw., let me quote:

quote:

Die Energiewende ist ein gesamtdeutsches Projekt. Wir werden uns in den zuständigen Bund-Länder-Gremien dafür einsetzen, dass auch andere Länder ihre Aufgaben erfüllen, insbesondere beim Stromnetzausbau aber auch beim Ausbau der Erneuerbaren Energien.

Hm, I wonder who is meant by that.

quote:

In Schleswig-Holstein entsteht durch den fehlenden Übertragungs-Netzausbau hervorgerufener Abschaltstrom, der die Netzentgelte und damit letztendlich unsere Strompreise zusätzlich belastet. Hier werden wir eine Umsetzung von der Bundesregierung einfordern, um den Netzausbau nach Süden zu realisieren.

:airquote: Süden :airquote:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Can't we just use all that extra energy to speis a giant laser beam directed at Bavaria instead of building expensive Stromtrassen to them?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I mean, objectively, that's the general direction from there, yes.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Läuft bei denen.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, sometimes snorting heroine seems like the only way your brain can handle the Schickeria around here

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
PS: Probably also what the person did who reported a stray lion around Berlin.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/rubenmcloop/status/1681922813047840773?s=20

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

Läuft bei denen.

Outrageous. What were they thinking?

It's a Tisch, not a Platte.
Spielen doch kein Plattentennis hier. :colbert:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Der irre Killerlöwe von Berlin ist möglicherweise ein durchgeknalltes Wildschwein

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Der irre Killerlöwe von Berlin ist möglicherweise ein durchgeknalltes Wildschwein

It's kind of funny. Berlin gets Killerschweine and Hannover gets cute little Wildcats.

You reap what you sow

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Libluini posted:

It's kind of funny. Berlin gets Killerschweine and Hannover gets cute little Wildcats.

You reap what you sow
Sag, wer sät seltsame Sauen?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

is oliwan still alive

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

All tuckered out from the Springsteen concert

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

aphid_licker posted:

All tuckered out from the Springsteen concert

lmao

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"Ein bisschen Nazis in den Kommunen is' ok" - Friedrich Merz

Was zum Fick?
"Wehret den Anfängen" war ganz offenbar (ewig)gestern.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Lol last election I was wondering at what % cdu would find a coalition with afd feasible

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

mcbexx posted:

"Ein bisschen Nazis in den Kommunen is' ok" - Friedrich Merz

Was zum Fick?
"Wehret den Anfängen" war ganz offenbar (ewig)gestern.
You left out the „best“ part:

quote:

Die Union sei als größte Oppositionsfraktion im Bundestag »die Alternative gegen diese Bundesregierung«, sagte Merz. Damit ordnete er eine umstrittene Äußerung ein, die er bereits am Mittwoch bei der Klausur der CSU-Landesgruppe im oberbayerischen Kloster Andechs verwendet hatte. Dort nannte er die Union die »Alternative für Deutschland mit Substanz« – was von Kritikern als rhetorische Annäherung an die AfD gewertet wurde.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Imo the best thing is Kai Wegner talking back at Merz lol, who’d have thunk it

https://twitter.com/kaiwegner/status/1683167477734203393?s=20

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I give it maybe 3 elections until the AfD is part of a federal government.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
pls give it more.

Intetesting thoughts (imo) on this topic again on quer (I renew my general recommendation of this show):
https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/q...zM2ZkNTQ5NmRjZQ (5 min vid)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

GhostDog posted:

I give it maybe 3 elections until the AfD is part of a federal government.

And the 50-100 years max until the next right wing takeover attempt. History always repeats itself.

Probably will start with them offering vacation for families who can't afford them...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

About two weeks ago, there was a Strg_F video (fairly decent sub to get some mileage out of your GEZ btw) about die Superreichen and how their Privatjets, Yachten, and Kaviar "influence cllimate change".
I had two initial reactions, one being - unsurprisingly - :thermidor:, but the second reaction was "oh god, they're gonna use the PERSONAL CARBON FOOTPRINT argument and thus keep fuelling BP's argument that industry and corporations aren't the main bad guys, aren't they?".
Turns out I was partially wrong, because they did actually point out that the CO2-Footprint-calculator is a thing invented by BP to shift the blame to the consumer in an attempt to distract from their overwhelming responsibility in the problem by making them feel guilty.

In any case, the video is essentially a race to the bottom between four people:
- a freshly-baked "eCommerce millionaire" (read: scammer) that is doing something to save the climate by throwing cola-dosen into the trash instead of shoving it down a baby seal's throat like the real bad guys
- the boomerest of boomers that charters private jets to fly 180km from Hamburg to Sylt because he took the train once and it was unconscionable, but he radels to the airport so he's better than the real bad guys
- a teenager and her dad that believe richers aren't different from THE POORS because "people without money also use planes to fly"
- the guy in the thumbo, an 18-y/o supposed Unternehmer (read: spoiled brat slash trust-fund baby) that somehow manages to come off as the worst offender in the entire group

(you don't really need to watch the video, but if rage-watching rich-people saying the most reality-detached poo poo, knock yourself out)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbJOQsK42iE

After the video dropped, every single tier-five "news outlet" from T-Online to web.de ran with it for the clicks, which generated some viral buzz, but last week, reaction streamers/YouTubers went wild with it, resulting in the internet dog-piling on the folks in the video that decided to share their social media handles (for some free "publicity").
The only one to "lean into it" was the 18-y/o, who proceeded to post very peinlich videos about pouring out champagne to gieß his blums, mock climate change and cheer on inflation while in his pool, use schampus instead of milk with his cereals etc. to mock Geringverdiener or whatever.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvAtvvDNmup/

Trust-fund babies/spoiled kids are a dime-a-dozen, but this guy is so over the top, it doesn't even, I don't know...feel real, even by the hellworld-standards of our current time.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Another remarkable thing about that kid to me is that he looks like that on purpose. Like that general style of hair and dress is so firmly embedded in my brain as the horrible rich rear end in a top hat kid stereotype that it's kind of weird to see somebody actually look like that in real life. Throw a sweater around his shoulders and he'd collapse into a Bonzensingularität. Every morning he stands in front of the mirror, comb in hand, and makes the decision to look Like That. :psyduck:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Oh no!

but wait a minute, if they're already going after your Computerbeschlagnahme, how do they expect you to answer? do they want to get your other machines, too????????