Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Championship Match

pre:
Dates  Saruman.  RedPanda  TheLeader
-----  --------  --------  ---------
03/20   207.67    239.86   RP  32.19
03/21   339.21    185.85   SA 121.17
03/22   442.00    425.67   SA 137.50
03/23   233.04    181.67   SA 188.87
03/24   356.41    338.00   SA 207.28
03/25   244.34    378.37   SA  73.25
03/26   278.16    154.67   SA 196.74
03/27   415.16    442.35   SA 169.55
03/28   235.16    187.70   SA 217.01
03/29   355.19    501.04   SA  71.16
03/30     2.33    228.34   RP 154.85
03/31   500.50    427.87   RP  82.22
04/01   161.84    111.01   RP  31.39
04/02
-----
Total  3771.01   3802.40

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Regardless of how it all ends up we can all agree it kicks rear end that I scored 2.33 points on Thursday

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

EmotionlessThug posted:

Regardless of how it all ends up we can all agree it kicks rear end that I scored 2.33 points on Thursday

Hah, yeah you got bizarro Jingled, but it evened out with Lowry/Strus actually producing last night

Giannis getting held to a near-season-low by Boston wasn't ideal, but I hope that he takes his frustrations out on Philly today. Jokic and Murray should both play, so looks like this will be who decides it all.

I'm still not certain on Grimes, Kennard, Hayes, and White, going to be waffling til tip-off.

Also hell yeah Ingram, missed a ton of time but when he's playing he's awesome.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Just saw Jokic is out which really sucks for you ET, and it's anticlimactic as hell. Kinda want to sit Giannis so there's still an element of suspense in these late games.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Congrats Kalen. It was a fun season

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

EmotionlessThug posted:

Congrats Kalen. It was a fun season

Thanks bud. I replaced Jokic with the best big available that started an evening game, to at least somewhat replicate his performance.

IMO you still had the best season overall since you had the most PF even with these late injuries and DNP. Fantasy's weird.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Congrats!!!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It’s funny, looking at the stats, my team had a top 3 offense but the worst defense. I am the Kings.

I also ended up with 2 of the top 5 players - Luka and Sabonis - but then there was a big drop between them and Jimmy B. I think that’s where I screwed up my draft.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 3, 2023

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Kalensc not satisfied with the championship, locking up the keeper market as well I see!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lol, just had a brutal idea that we won't do but came into my head which is "random keeper."

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Wouldn’t be terrible if you got the player in the same round you drafted them

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

Lol, just had a brutal idea that we won't do but came into my head which is "random keeper."

you sick gently caress

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

I'm game lol

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Chronicles posted:

Kalensc not satisfied with the championship, locking up the keeper market as well I see!

lol I had $25 to burn and I wanted to assemble the all-injured all-stars! drat a lot of top-tier talent got hurt this year.

Obv I'll send whichever player back to the squad that had em most of the season if someone intended to pick them back up as their keeper.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hoppy Easter muchachos

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Adorable bird.

Dutchy posted:

I'm game lol

Maybe instead of costing a draft pick we just do random keepers next time? I wouldn't feel right doing it now though since people made keeper related moves this season.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i am staunchly against random keepers until .00000001 seconds after lebron retires

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

What is the bird to head:hand:bush ratio?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Chronicles posted:

What is the bird to head:hand:bush ratio?

I dunno but here's Bir(dos)

(This one is shy and doesn't fly out of their cage as much. Also needs a name if a bird aficionado wants to toss some out. The blue one is Skye. This is a PSA from ma mère.)

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I don't know how/if this could be managed without it being a big pain in the rear end for an admin team that's already saddled w a bunch of manual poo poo but it'd be cool to have a keeper slot for someone you're willing to bet will make a big jump in the upcoming season. Call it a ... wait for it ... Sleeper Keeper :mmmhmm:

If you rank this year's players by average fantasy ppg, the 60th ranked player (Myles Turner) averaged 48.1 fantasy pts. In a twelve-team league, that puts us at the end of the 5th round. What if you could have the option of trading your sixth-round pick to keep someone who averaged <48 fppg this season that you're willing to bet will top that next season?

I haven't put a ton of time into poking holes in this idea so I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem crazy impactful or unbalancing or whatever. I assume most of us would choose a keeper, so anyone who didn't want to do it would get a sort-of-"extra" pick right in the middle of the draft where there are still a ton of great players available. Last season's 6th round:

Wendell Carter
Josh Giddey
Jalen Brunson
Jusuf Nurkic
Jakob Poeltl
Keldon Johnson
O.G. Anunoby
Jalen Green
Tobias Harris
Tyrese Maxey
Jordan Poole
Jamal Murray

Actually as I think about it, here's what would be pretty cool - when it's your turn in the 6th, you either keep your sleeper keeper, or if there's someone you love who's fallen a couple rounds, you can release your keeper and regain the 6th-round pick, and your sleeper would go back into the pool.

I don't know how hard something like this would be to manage and really don't want to over-complicate poo poo, just trying to come up w ways to make this more of a dynasty-type league. Maybe move it down a few rounds: Jaden Ivey ranked 96th in avg fppg (41.1), which would put him at the end of the 8th round. Swap your 9th-rounder for someone who averaged <40 fppg? That pool would include every 2022-23 rookie besides Paolo and Ivey. Anyone who didn't have a qualifying player they liked could grab one before the draft. I dunno, thoughts welcome, but maybe we can find a way to add some (optional) roster consistency year-to-year. It's hard to see it really throwing anything out of whack, and it would be nice to add a little more continuity season to season, assuming most everyone's coming back next year.

P.S. Now that the regular season's over, once I get a lil free time I'm gonna dump everything into a spreadsheet to figure out top bargains/busts and all that poo poo like I did a few months back

rivetz fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 10, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That's a fun idea! Would a simple way to do it be that you can also use your keeper on a player who averages < 50 for a sixth round pick? I would just have to set it at two keepers and tell everyone that their second keeper can't be like LeBron and Giannis or something and if it is we will just have to clear the second keeper by hand.

The good thing is there is just a button that clears all the non-keepers so it wouldn't be that much work. If everyone agrees to it we could even do it this season maybe.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

That's a cool idea, sort of like putting specific-round tenders on RFAs in the NFL. The email Draft rules ao I'm all for expanding it and adding near wrinkles to allow for more gambles and The Deal Zone.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hell yeah my boy JJJ ended up DPOY, after drafting him late and injured. Will be interesting to see who ends up with the most player awards.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Red Rox posted:

Hell yeah my boy JJJ ended up DPOY, after drafting him late and injured. Will be interesting to see who ends up with the most player awards.

I got Worst NetPoints locked in baby

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

kalensc posted:

I got Worst NetPoints locked in baby

I wonder who had most waiver moves in our season. In the Yahoo league I played, one guy had 63 moves, and the next closest was around 20. That one dude had way too much free time. And it didn't help him in the final :toot:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Half the reason I gave up on Yahoo was because every drat transaction was a waiver wire.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Just quickly scrolling through the transaction logs:

Balrogs Balls - around 60 moves since the draft
Saruman Shoulda Hooped - around 120 moves
Red Panda at the 5 - around 140 moves

Obviously I need to step up my game next season!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Red Rox posted:

Well most of my moves were just swapping max strus -> victor oladipo -> caleb martin -> back to strus

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Red Rox posted:

In my hockey fantasy pools I typically ended up making 5x the median number of transactions. I know I'm subpar at drafting because I don't follow the leagues very closely, so I make up the difference with active adds/drops.

Sorting and comparing to find the thinnest of edges is the appeal of fantasy imo. It's Be A GM mode except I don't have to pay $80 for the latest iteration from EA or whoever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

I don't know how/if this could be managed without it being a big pain in the rear end for an admin team that's already saddled w a bunch of manual poo poo but it'd be cool to have a keeper slot for someone you're willing to bet will make a big jump in the upcoming season. Call it a ... wait for it ... Sleeper Keeper :mmmhmm:

If you rank this year's players by average fantasy ppg, the 60th ranked player (Myles Turner) averaged 48.1 fantasy pts. In a twelve-team league, that puts us at the end of the 5th round. What if you could have the option of trading your sixth-round pick to keep someone who averaged <48 fppg this season that you're willing to bet will top that next season?

I haven't put a ton of time into poking holes in this idea so I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem crazy impactful or unbalancing or whatever. I assume most of us would choose a keeper, so anyone who didn't want to do it would get a sort-of-"extra" pick right in the middle of the draft where there are still a ton of great players available. Last season's 6th round:

Wendell Carter
Josh Giddey
Jalen Brunson
Jusuf Nurkic
Jakob Poeltl
Keldon Johnson
O.G. Anunoby
Jalen Green
Tobias Harris
Tyrese Maxey
Jordan Poole
Jamal Murray

Actually as I think about it, here's what would be pretty cool - when it's your turn in the 6th, you either keep your sleeper keeper, or if there's someone you love who's fallen a couple rounds, you can release your keeper and regain the 6th-round pick, and your sleeper would go back into the pool.

I don't know how hard something like this would be to manage and really don't want to over-complicate poo poo, just trying to come up w ways to make this more of a dynasty-type league. Maybe move it down a few rounds: Jaden Ivey ranked 96th in avg fppg (41.1), which would put him at the end of the 8th round. Swap your 9th-rounder for someone who averaged <40 fppg? That pool would include every 2022-23 rookie besides Paolo and Ivey. Anyone who didn't have a qualifying player they liked could grab one before the draft. I dunno, thoughts welcome, but maybe we can find a way to add some (optional) roster consistency year-to-year. It's hard to see it really throwing anything out of whack, and it would be nice to add a little more continuity season to season, assuming most everyone's coming back next year.

P.S. Now that the regular season's over, once I get a lil free time I'm gonna dump everything into a spreadsheet to figure out top bargains/busts and all that poo poo like I did a few months back

So yeah I've been thinking about this and think it would be really cool to do this (either be able to pick a veteran for a 6th pick at <48 or a rookie for a 9th, one or the other). The only issues I can think of is that it is very difficult to skip or unskip picks once a draft starts. A work around is we can leave the people with these keepers with those picks and I can just commish draft them retired players (who they can then cut) when it's their turn, or they can message me and say they want to let go of their keeper and draft someone else. It would require paying attention though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Bonjour mes amis,

I'm sorting out last year's results to use the consolation bracket outcomes and give out the "bonus ping pong balls" for our version of the draft lottery, etc.

How many GMs are returning from 2022-23? And were there any from 2021-22 who took a year off but may want to re-join this season? (Second question is pretty much addressed to Rick.)

P.S. Sorry our batches of boreal blazes blighted your skies this summer.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

I’m in again

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Anthony Edwards and I are back and ready to take over

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm in!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i will play this till lebron retires, so forever

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah I’ll go again, maybe this year my team isn’t so bad it qualifies as performance art

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'll do my best

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I’m so in

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So matching Fleaflicker nicks with SA usernames, I have these 8 as returning:

kalensc / kalensc
Poop-dog / Ghost Dog
Scooter McTiny / scootermctiny
Ric_k / Rick
Chronicles / Chronicles
duutchy / Dutchy
BananaBreakfast / DeimosRising
maestrosa / The Maestro

And these 4 we're hoping will check in soon:

rivetz / rivetz
erez / EmotionlessThug
RedRox / Red Rox
CartMountain / CartMountain *

* - CM last posted on SA in early January, and last checked into Fleaflicker in early February. He mentioned in April 2022 that he was often struggling to juggle fantasy line-up setting with his work responsibilities and recently becoming a father for the first time. So hopefully his absence these past 6 months was just him choosing to put his free time towards things other than fantasy basketball. And it seems likely we'll need to recruit a new GM, unless only 10 decide to re-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Yeah I'm back in! Hopefully I get Hot Luka this season.