Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
seth is also named after a bad guy and if i didn't already know he was a moron i'd think he was making a joke on purpose

also raiden was right to wear a sombrero in mexico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycot posted:

Thinking about the Ghost of Tsushima Flute Guy who turned out to be one of the only living people capable of playing that instrument at that level, which is probably inevitable when no young Japanese person actually cares about old traditional art forms.

That guy kicks rear end lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

Thinking about the Ghost of Tsushima Flute Guy who turned out to be one of the only living people capable of playing that instrument at that level, which is probably inevitable when no young Japanese person actually cares about old traditional art forms.

Yeah he was trained by some old rear end grandmaster guy which is hella loving badass...Shounen anime training arc style.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mycot posted:

it's hilarious because people were saying that Sony was appropriating Japanese cultural by having a white dude playing "some bamboo flute"

Guy was one of the few Masters of the instrument, and wearing traditional Japanese clothing is a big part of the tradition of playing the shakuhachi(which twitter didn't know the name of)

Also Sony is a Japanese company.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mycot posted:

oh yeah that was so good. bad optics for the western company making a subpar open world game about being a samurai/shinobi that you could see all the sawdust on the floor of, but that guy really is the best player of that flute in the world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

seth doing the Columbo one-more-thing maneuver to try and cancel someone with an anime villain name is one of the funniest things I've ever read. absolute drip
the fact that that guy is still mod after that is insane

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Cuttlefush posted:

also raiden was right to wear a sombrero in mexico

raiden already basically wea- oh metal gear, right

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

trying to fill the jury for the forums court martial proved too troublesome as they needed to find a bunch of other 19th century robber barons.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Half of Dracula posted:

Lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Half of Dracula posted:

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Half of Dracula posted:

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

found it, finally. been bugging me, this

bonus:
its badass how he saw sex crimes listed on a random wiki that wasnt even about the series and thought 'oh, this must be to jack off to.' says a lot about him methinks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Casting a French guy to play a Japanese thunder god ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Half of Dracula posted:

haha

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its a good thing to engage with other cultures and make their food to try for yourself, actually

It’s funny you say that, I ordered mapo tofu from a chinese restaurant and it was delicious but I found I preferred what I made at home

But then I also upped the ratio of pork to tofu to 1:1

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine how much better the Street Fighter movie would've been if they got Sean Connery to play Vega lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Much like Rime he’s one of Jeff’s Pets

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Half of Dracula posted:

lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

refusing to watch revolutionary girl utena because the bad guy is evil

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

they were right

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s actually shocking that the original MK movie is as good as it is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
christopher lambert's inappropriate chuckles ftw

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I feel like Raiden being the whitest white man is actually absolutely vital to the "American martial arts craze on VHS" Mortal Kombat aesthetic, along with the Chinese ninjas.

Fortaleza posted:

Imagine how much better the Street Fighter movie would've been if they got Sean Connery to play Vega lol

Which Vega because if you're suggesting replacing Raul Julia...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Funny how the show is called Breaking Bad when the main character changes from a normal everyday guy into a bad drug dealer guy. Coincidence?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIbHmItRsSw mortal kombat ftw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh that's right i gotta try shaolin monks later today after i get back from seeing oppenheimer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of bad guys itd be funny to have as a username:

Sephiroth
Milliardo Peacecraft
Greg Nightmare

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
saying FINISH HIM is funny a number of contexts.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

people from other cultures love when foreignors engage with their culture its only a problem when you are doing something offensive like stealing sacred native american tribal headdresses and doing a rain dance or something lol

The pinnacle of this sort of bullshit was the one time I saw a twitter post where someone unironically said "eating Mexican food if you are not Mexican is cultural appropriation"

Also lmao

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 22, 2023

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Sephiroth
Milliardo Peacecraft
Greg Nightmare

Bring Stabbity

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

Sephiroth
Milliardo Peacecraft
Greg Nightmare

Otto Apocalypse

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if eating mexican food is racist then call me a racist

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

Sephiroth
Milliardo Peacecraft
Greg Nightmare

Dauragon C. Mikado

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if eating mexican food is racist then call me a racist

*entire message board full of weirdos come running in, tripping over each other*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endorph posted:

Sephiroth
Milliardo Peacecraft
Greg Nightmare

Master-D, leader of the Badds

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's a shame that cultural appropriation became the Asian American Issue when there's a big difference between someone being a weeb and literally stealing from black musicians because it was impossible for them to profit off their own work.

When ATLA was running I remember my dad being fascinated by the episode when Zuko and Iroh visit an obviously Korean-inspired village, even though they are very minor characters. Of course this was 20 years ago and references to Korean culture is not as novel as it used to be, but it's actually a little upsetting that the current take is that any American cartoon must be appropriation by white people and that no Asian person could possibly take anything away from a non-Asian-made series.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Ive been blasting this at full volume while gaming extremely hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRX_ZMn6LBw

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i got the mk 1 & 2 soundtracks on vinyl for yospos secret santa last year. pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

that time seth thought he had someone dead to rights based on their avatar being a villain or something

he's the dumbest motherfucker in the whole world