Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Y?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher War Journal #2 (2007)

Crucible #6 (1993)

Punisher vs. Bullseye #4 (2006)

Captain Action #1 (1968)

Keen Detective Funnies #24 (1940)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

These days Greenite is just powdered veggies.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Frank should study up on the effects of the Lend-Lease Act

And also the time that Captain America punched Hitler in the mouth

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Venom: The Enemy Within #3 (1994)

Man I love mid-air comic book conversations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

thetoughestbean posted:

Frank should study up on the effects of the Lend-Lease Act

And also the time that Captain America punched Hitler in the mouth

Plus it was an American made and serving android that killed Hiter.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Never forget.

Push El Burrito posted:

No, it was suicide.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SimonChris posted:

Never forget.

i like the subtle extra layer joke that they planted a nambu on him instead of a luger

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it weird that I like the fake lovely color layering and halftone?

gently caress I feel like one of those "it just sounds warmer" vinyl goobers saying that. (Apologies to any of you who are vinyl goobers)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

The Time Trapper (Rokk Krinn) is very very wrong. From the last issue of Legion before Zero Hour.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Countdown: Arena #1 (2008)

Superman: The Computers That Saved Metropolis! (1980)

Black Adam #4 (2008)

Ghost Rider #73 (1982)

Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders #2 (2015)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher War Journal #5 (2007)

Centipede (1983)

Punisher vs. Bullseye #4 (2006)

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #30 (1984)

The Blue Beetle #36 (1944)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

The Blue Beetle #36 (1944)

Unfortunately for Blue Beetle, he was dealing with a very grumpy and standoffish elephant.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

noticed you've been going back to using ibb because the pictures stopped loading lmao

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!

davidspackage posted:

Unfortunately for Blue Beetle, he was dealing with a very grumpy and standoffish elephant.

Or he's in Governor Lepetomane's political posse

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

noticed you've been going back to using ibb because the pictures stopped loading lmao
I went back to using ImgBB almost two months ago. Is anyone else having issues viewing pictures through that host? And are there any suggestions for better non-Imgur free image hosting sites?

Spider-Man & Wolverine #1 (2003)

Doom Force #1 (1992)

Monster Menace #3 (1994)

Fantastic Four #130 (1973)

Space: Punisher (2012)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the susperwonky perspective of the gun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The pictures work for me at least, they're just a bit slow to load

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Larryb posted:

The pictures work for me at least, they're just a bit slow to load

Yeah same, they usually come in, but it takes a while

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skeletor.

Darthemed posted:

Punisher War Journal #2 (2007)

I'm a little unsure how WWII played out in the MU. What was the eastern front like?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i've been using that https://postimages.org/ someone suggested a while ago and it seems to be fine. tbh i haven't used it for the massive amount of images you put up so i'm not sure how well it does that though

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

Skeletor.

I'm a little unsure how WWII played out in the MU. What was the eastern front like?

Siberian, the Russian equivalent to Iceman, created a massive wall of snow & ice not unlike in Game of Thrones that severely hampered Hitler's advances.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Alhazred posted:

Skeletor.

Always annoys me when writers have Cap call people boy, son, youngster, etc in comics or movies. Guy was in his 20's when he got frozen. He might technically be 80 or whatever, but I can't imagine he'd adopt all the mannerisms of an old man when he got defrosted. Also in the Age of Ultron movie, Tony says "poo poo" and Cap fires back with language!". Come on, dude was a frontline soldier during WW2 and has been through it. We're supposed to believe the mildest of swears is going to upset him?

Between that, the Cap suit in Avengers, and Cap telling the Quinjet pilot "Son, just....don't." I'm thinking Whedon just really doesn't like Captain America.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

site posted:

i've been using that https://postimages.org/ someone suggested a while ago and it seems to be fine. tbh i haven't used it for the massive amount of images you put up so i'm not sure how well it does that though

It's fine in my experience. I have been using non-stop for two months now, posting thrice a week in the John Allison thread, sigs for the BYOB people, the occasional awful photoshop, and if you have seen the LC filled up with wallabies a few days ago, that was all postimages.

The only thing to keep in mind when using it, is that they resize over 1000px images, but you can get the unresized, untouched one by clicking twice on the image then just copying that link, instead of the one they give you in the box. That's the only "trick" to use them like it was imgur from the old days.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Always annoys me when writers have Cap call people boy, son, youngster, etc in comics or movies. Guy was in his 20's when he got frozen. He might technically be 80 or whatever, but I can't imagine he'd adopt all the mannerisms of an old man when he got defrosted. Also in the Age of Ultron movie, Tony says "poo poo" and Cap fires back with language!". Come on, dude was a frontline soldier during WW2 and has been through it. We're supposed to believe the mildest of swears is going to upset him?

Between that, the Cap suit in Avengers, and Cap telling the Quinjet pilot "Son, just....don't." I'm thinking Whedon just really doesn't like Captain America.

He's a bad writer, OP

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rogers actually is quite old now, thanks to a few decades spent in a time dilation dimension. the scene where he condescends toward frank punisher predates that story, of course.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
In my mind he was just doing that to mess with Tony.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gnome de plume posted:

In my mind he was just doing that to mess with Tony.

Could've made sense if it was during the Teen Tony arc.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Tbf if anyone warrants condescension it’s Frank.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Justice, Inc. #1

Justice, Inc. #2

It's an old ad, it appeared in different comics.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent posted:

Justice, Inc. #1

Justice, Inc. #2

Why... why did they capture Billy Batson :confused:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why... why did they capture Billy Batson :confused:

They needed to capture the TV station, and Billy works there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Suleman posted:

They needed to capture the TV station, and Billy works there.

Oh well sure that explains everything.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vincent posted:

Way to start small, Aunt Minerva. Not even "steal from your parents' wallet and leave it by the garbage bins behind the KFC".

Or... is she playing the stock market?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

davidspackage posted:

Way to start small, Aunt Minerva. Not even "steal from your parents' wallet and leave it by the garbage bins behind the KFC".

Or... is she playing the stock market?

The most true to life supervillain

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Some context for this one: Black Adam's magic word has been replaced with one he doesn't know, thus all the spoken testing.

Black Adam #6 (2008)

Ghost Manor #58 (1981)

Punisher War Journal #7 (2007)

Ghost Rider #78 (1983)

Superboy #130 (1966)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Harley Quinn: Black White and Redder #1: Harely and Poison Ivy have made the trek up to the North Pole, in hopes of breaking into the Fortress of Solitude and stealing a bunch of Superman's poo poo because that'll be valuable. They actually manage to make it in, and very shortly are met by...

(since I know someone's gonna ask, all Ivy's gun did was turn the robot red. The first thing they found in the fortress was a gun that seemingly only exists to turn stuff red)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

TwoPair posted:

(since I know someone's gonna ask, all Ivy's gun did was turn the robot red. The first thing they found in the fortress was a gun that seemingly only exists to turn stuff red)

Don't shoot Kryptonite with it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2003)

Lightning Comics #4 (1941)

Punisher War Journal #12 (2007)