Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
Anyone know why maxroll shows necro skill imperfectly balanced as having three tiers? It's only one tier in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think those tier lists are very accurate. Idk

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol that owns

they shouldn't stop there tho, they should also load every mount in their stable and every item in their alt character's inventory

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Josh Lyman posted:

Apparently Bone Spear is mainly for Uber Lilith? It would be nice to beat her at some point but it's not a priority. Icy Veins has 2 necro builds in their S tier, Mendeln Summoner and Exploding Shadow Mist. Which would be better as someone who played wiz in D3 and Ice Shard Sorc pre-season? I'm looking for a relatively easy to play build but not completely brainless.

Bones spear is easy to get running, good for leveling, and continues to scale well at endgame.

Both Mendeln and Exploding SM require (different) specific uniques to function and are not good choices for starting out.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

trusting any guide or tier list to dictate your levelling experience is turning over your ability to enjoy like 20 hours of what should be a fun and novel experience to one of the most intolerable people you have ever met trying to please all of the other intolerable people you have ever met. you may as well trust asmongold to plan your bachelor party.

you can just experiment in this game its fun.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

crepeface posted:

lol that owns

they shouldn't stop there tho, they should also load every mount in their stable and every item in their alt character's inventory

When the Microsoft purchase is complete their OneDrive will automatically begin syncing

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I wonder if they're doing something like loading in the meshes for every item in a player's inventory or stash tab just on the off chance they either drop them or equip them the game won't need to load them into memory.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Good Citizen posted:

Bones spear is easy to get running, good for leveling, and continues to scale well at endgame.

Both Mendeln and Exploding SM require (different) specific uniques to function and are not good choices for starting out.

Dunno what is in the exploding am build, but the hearts basically gives a nearly functional infinimist for free from level 15 while not even needing to slot decrepify.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
If you experiment with obvious synergies you will pretty quickly come up with similar builds to guides. At least for the ones that don't require very specific uniques

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Just a PSA to right-click on the map

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bus hustler posted:

When the Microsoft purchase is complete their OneDrive will automatically begin syncing

auto torrent seeding diablo 4 files when you see someone

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Can get to the curator as a 42 flurry rogue but just don't have the damage and survivability for him yet. It's really the adds that get me but that's obviously just part of the fight. I've got some stuff that'll unlock at 45 from running it a couple times though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Koirhor posted:

Going from eternal necro to season one rogue, lol I can move around nice!

Going to S1 druid: Move, you fat gently caress!

I'm actually having fun with drood while leveling with pulverize. I know eventually I'll be sprinting through dungeons at max speed chucking wind everywhere but right now this guy might as well come with his own low speed mobility scooter.

(In bear form it turns into a Chevy)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i have not been effusive enough to make the gggc meme. i am undone

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tarnop posted:

I just respecced to Blood Lance at 53 and I'm enjoying it too. The tempo of throwing lances that do basically nothing to set up for a screen clearing overpower is weird but fun and I enjoy stacking defensive stats to do damage
I was struggling hard to have fun with Rogue up through level 20 so when I read these posts about Necro I said fuckit I'm giving it a try. And uhh, um, holyshit is this awesome. I'm only level 10 but I just melt everything I see. An elite? Two Blood Lances and its gone. A mob? One Blood Lance then Corpse Explosion and problem solved.

bus hustler posted:

lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kaxman posted:

Depends what build maybe because with puncture/flurry you have really spammy attacks and them shits proc on every single mob, it's just raining stun grenades constantly everywhere all the time. Also the higher level gems drop more grenades with every proc, lol

The single greatest thing about the decoy is that for some loving reason if it taunts ranged attackers they run into melee range of it. Amazing. It's so beautiful.

Edit should point out that's natural lucky hit, I have 0 lucky hit on gear as well

do you have the Exposure key passive? because that's already a 25% on Lucky Hit chance to do drop ~200 damage grenades, which is much better than the 20% on Lucky hit for ~20 damage grenades on my lovely heart

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

harrygomm posted:

i have not been effusive enough to make the gggc meme. i am undone

Didn't you, though...

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Hit 40 on my sorc and it was way way faster than on my barb in eternal. Unsure if it’s the renown or the class or skipping the campaign but it owns. Game is still fun. I’m glad they got the fundamentals right. The game just needs more of everything. More classes, more builds, more stuff to do.

Hearts are pretty lame but I figure it’ll be 2-3 seasons before they come up with a truly game changing one.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Stash tabs much like deck slots are super difficult to add. You can trust me I wouldn't lie to you.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Told myself I was going to have only one character this season, and I'm kinda wishin' I hadn't picked Rogue. Maybe I can respec to something else, but coming offa pulverize druid, twisting blades is feeling like a lot more of an active playstyle than I'm looking for. I mean it feels like I'm doing a lot more work to feel not quite as powerful. It pretty much requires a mouse and precision and I miss sitting back with a controller, walking up to a pack of elites, holding the smash button for a bit, and picking up some loot. Having shockwave in the codex had me tempted to play the same build again, but I thought that might get boring. Turns out boring's kinda what I want.

Now, the Rogue is only mid 50s and I don't remember the druid feeling super powerful that early. I'm sure it picks up, but I'm talking ergonomics here. I'm seasonally unemployed (education) and have been no lifing this game pretty hard. I don't have fancy furniture in which I could do that and it doesn't hurt. I've gotta go back to using a controller.

I already decided while typing this I'll finish the drat renown grind with the rogue, then I'm starting a druid, thanks for listening.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why the loving gently caress do I need to go click on all the waypoints again with my second seasonal character?!? I already did it with my first.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Has any Necro had any luck with Sever? Im leveling with it now and it's fun and cool but not sure how well it scales past 50 (my necro is 42 atm)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mathil is playing sever atm if you want to watch him on twitch

He should probably do a YouTube on it tomorrow

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Why the loving gently caress do I need to go click on all the waypoints again with my second seasonal character?!? I already did it with my first.

Its really sad

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

skeletronics posted:

Told myself I was going to have only one character this season, and I'm kinda wishin' I hadn't picked Rogue. Maybe I can respec to something else, but coming offa pulverize druid, twisting blades is feeling like a lot more of an active playstyle than I'm looking for. I mean it feels like I'm doing a lot more work to feel not quite as powerful. It pretty much requires a mouse and precision and I miss sitting back with a controller, walking up to a pack of elites, holding the smash button for a bit, and picking up some loot. Having shockwave in the codex had me tempted to play the same build again, but I thought that might get boring. Turns out boring's kinda what I want.

Now, the Rogue is only mid 50s and I don't remember the druid feeling super powerful that early. I'm sure it picks up, but I'm talking ergonomics here. I'm seasonally unemployed (education) and have been no lifing this game pretty hard. I don't have fancy furniture in which I could do that and it doesn't hurt. I've gotta go back to using a controller.

I already decided while typing this I'll finish the drat renown grind with the rogue, then I'm starting a druid, thanks for listening.

Go flurry rogue, it's a lot easier to position on controller. I had a similar issue in eternal where I started off as penetrating shot but got tired of how blech aiming with a controller was. Switched to flurry and it immediately became my favorite job.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Thank you thread for suggesting to go Necro, I got a Barb to level 32 and it was a miserable slog but Necro has been a blast since level 1. Even better once I picked up the auto corpse skills and decrepify hearts

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

skeletronics posted:

Try flurry. Shadowstep into mobs, use a subterfuge skill to drop the taunting shadowclone and gather the mobs, spam puncture/fury. Pretty fast and simple playstyle.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I'm almost 30 on my autotendril autoexplode necro and I've noticed that the autotendril cast sometimes consumes the corpse. Manually casting corpse tendrils does not consume it. I banished all my minions so it's not getting consumed for anything else. It should suck then explode a second later but instead they all group together and the corpse disappears.

https://i.imgur.com/A7DCxQy.mp4

In this clip, you can see I swing one reap through the group to generate a corpse. The tendrils autocast and suck everything in. No explosion occurs, and when the spiders run away the corpse is gone. After that, I move into range of another corpse. That one autocasts tendrils then autoexplodes. You can see I'm not using any skills other than the single reap. I'm using the shadow explosions so it's very obvious when they go off and when they don't. Decrepify is also autocasting but that shouldn't mess with corpses.

Am I missing something obvious? It's been really frustrating in dungeons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hot rear end take: that heart isn’t that good for Blight CE, it uses up too many corpses. It’s for a different CE build using mist.

I leveled a blight ce 1-50 in the pre season, and auro corpse didn’t feel like that, there was too much downtime. I dropped it and the damage is much more even and I almost never feel corpse starved

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

zoux posted:

Hot rear end take: that heart isn’t that good for Blight CE, it uses up too many corpses. It’s for a different CE build using mist.

i'd believe that, just playing around with stuff for now. might end up going full minion this time bc i kind of hate banishing my bone bros.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

zoux posted:

I leveled a blight ce 1-50 in the pre season, and auro corpse didn’t feel like that, there was too much downtime. I dropped it and the damage is much more even and I almost never feel corpse starved

Yeah, and I kinda bet once the WT3/4 only hearts are more commonly dropping and understood, the QoL low level nercro ones will be harder to justify in the build.

I just got a WT3 heart that is straight up 17% extra DR, and that's... probably too good to compete with lazy-corpse-usage?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Kaysette posted:

I'm almost 30 on my autotendril autoexplode necro and I've noticed that the autotendril cast sometimes consumes the corpse. Manually casting corpse tendrils does not consume it. I banished all my minions so it's not getting consumed for anything else. It should suck then explode a second later but instead they all group together and the corpse disappears.

https://i.imgur.com/A7DCxQy.mp4

In this clip, you can see I swing one reap through the group to generate a corpse. The tendrils autocast and suck everything in. No explosion occurs, and when the spiders run away the corpse is gone. After that, I move into range of another corpse. That one autocasts tendrils then autoexplodes. You can see I'm not using any skills other than the single reap. I'm using the shadow explosions so it's very obvious when they go off and when they don't. Decrepify is also autocasting but that shouldn't mess with corpses.

I've noticed this, but I've been using reapers with the thing for extra corpses and the scythe basic for corpses and the bone golden for corpses and the passive for more corpses.

Can't say I've really run out yet

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How is Sorc now, post-patch? Do they still basically require Frost Nova to survive/do any damage?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Kaysette posted:

It seems to just be the way it is, not sure if intentional or a bug but whatever it casts consumes the corpse. Try to find a way to get multiple corpses out quickly so it can cast both tendrils and CE, or pull the mobs around to a previous area littered with excess corpses.

Away all Goats posted:

How is Sorc now, post-patch? Do they still basically require Frost Nova to survive/do any damage?

Yes.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

This new Gideon the Ninth fan fic in this thread is great. Who knew I needed more space lesbian necromancers back in my life after those books.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
im going to wait to play necromancer until blizz releases a season where they suck. so i can complain

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

At what level do legendaries show up in the obol pool

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I've been challenging myself with my seasonal character to not expand stash tabs, and so far I'm 51 with one tab still. Throw your poo poo out if it's not immediately useful, by the time an item could be useful on another character they will have already found a better item.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Starting to think there's been no DDOSing, it's just players aligning at the perfect distance so each one is loading the stashes of every other player that everyone else can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Failboattootoot posted:

Go flurry rogue, it's a lot easier to position on controller. I had a similar issue in eternal where I started off as penetrating shot but got tired of how blech aiming with a controller was. Switched to flurry and it immediately became my favorite job.

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

Try flurry. Shadowstep into mobs, use a subterfuge skill to drop the taunting shadowclone and gather the mobs, spam puncture/fury. Pretty fast and simple playstyle.

Thanks for this. After switching maybe 10 skill points around, and one aspect, I gave it a test run and it feels much better. I haven't tried that shadowclone trick yet, I'll do that next. Druid makin' crisis averted.