Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think they're going to make another ranged dps with a gun.

Hear me out

https://twitter.com/Kabooski01/status/1676221154803974144?t=GflAOPnT37oLJMItx7jxAQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Frida Call Me posted:

they're kind of out options for other physranged jobs if they don't give them some sort of gun

they should do a chain and sickle like Axl Low

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Consummate Professional posted:

I’ve done all of it except for BA :negative:

great! go get a BA clear! discord.gg/thehelplines or discord.gg/abbaffxiv

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I highly doubt it means anything more than a new advertising/marketing endeavor, but the FFXIV YouTube added a video that's completely focused on the Nier crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0hqBzhJnLI

However, the last time they did something out-of-date on the channel was reuploading the 1.0 trailer before Endwalker, and FanFest is next week......

(Again, it's almost certainly nothing but me making weird connections.)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Neir ps5 collection at 4k120 here we come

Or the moon turns around and we find out it's a giant emil head

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Frida Call Me posted:

they're kind of out of* options for other physranged jobs if they don't give them some sort of gun

Blitzballer.

Onean posted:

I highly doubt it means anything more than a new advertising/marketing endeavor, but the FFXIV YouTube added a video that's completely focused on the Nier crossover.

However, the last time they did something out-of-date on the channel was reuploading the 1.0 trailer before Endwalker, and FanFest is next week......

It went up on the jp twitter as part of an ad for the return of the Nier Automata Anime.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Failboattootoot posted:

BORING I want a ranged dps that throws ANCHORS. Ward Zabac crew rise up!

I once tried to make Ward just because. DRG is severely lacking in chonky enough spears though; I'd probably go for ShB's last tome weapon if anything.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 23, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, being JP focused would explain why I didn't see anything new for Nier with a quick search. That was my first thought, but when nothing came up my brain made that connection and made me wonder.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Frida Call Me posted:

they're kind of out of* options for other physranged jobs if they don't give them some sort of gun

Juggler. Let us throw knives and balls and pins. "Offhand" can be the ball we balance on.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Blitzball Blitzball Blitzball BLITZBALL BLITZBALL

TEACH US HOW TO BLITZ

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When I grow up I wanna be a blitzball!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The blitzball coach rubs his temple and once again explains that using a flaming spiked ball powered by the souls of the damned is against regulation

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blitzballers need an attack where they kick a mine at an enemy as an homage to Tidus' death in the terrible non-canon X-3 novel

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I have my fingers crossed for corsair. The theming sounds fun and I need more excuses to dress up like an ostentatious ship captain.

Unrelated,

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 23, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Onean posted:

The Nier raids will get the Crystal Tower treatment and be required for MSQ past Shadowbringers.
No explanation will be given as to why. We will continue to never see anything from them outside of the original quests.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mama is hiding in the background of all 7.0 cutscenes. Hunt her down and collect the all!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

****nogg: "I see, our rain must be stronger than what they're used to... With all this rust, I estimate they're only 60% as sturdy as when we first found them!"

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
The interesting thing to me about Merycydia is that the Warring Triad are like... themed after Near East esotericism and niche religion?

Sephirot is approximately kabbalah-themed, sort of, Sophia is doing some kind of gnosticism thing with her name and the demiurges, and Zurvan is named for a monotheistic (?) variant on Zoastrianism. So honestly it feels like if anything the cultural elements of Merycydia we've seen are approximately Persian/Babylonian, something like that. That is also, of course, the cultural context in which the name Tiamat comes from.

I never see anyone talk about the theme of the Triad but it's really clear to me!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

lines posted:

Zurvan is named for a monotheistic (?) variant on Zoastrianism

Huh, this is really interesting! A quick glance at the Wikipedia page suggests that Zurvan in the real-world religious context is specifically a dispassionate neutral creator god who created both sides of the traditional Zoroastrian opposition? That definitely makes some of the FFXIV boss's dialogue click.

What I'd really be hoping to see from Meracydia is the living descendent cultures of the people we've only seen through Allagan shenanigans. This game is pretty good about having the tragedies of the past have continuing effects in the present even eras later, in ways that aren't just "oh those guys died," so I'm hoping that'd continue here.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antivehicular posted:

What I'd really be hoping to see from Meracydia is the living descendent cultures of the people we've only seen through Allagan shenanigans. This game is pretty good about having the tragedies of the past have continuing effects in the present even eras later, in ways that aren't just "oh those guys died," so I'm hoping that'd continue here.

No matter what direction they take Meracydia, I'd put money down on Sephirot's tree people being one of the tribe questlines.

I'm less confident on Zurvan's centaurs, just because as far as designs go that's sorta 'been there, done that', I could see them getting a goblin or qiqirn-style sideline because of it, but there's no way the developers would resist writing plant people, as if nothing else just weird locals that get a neat zone and sideplots. They're also a perfect group to have around if they're going for more of a wasteland-y setting, there's a lot of fun to be had from 'everywhere else is a desert; there's one area with plants, but here's the thing'.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Plot twist is the plant people are being kidnapped, dried out, and ground into somnus

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Huh, this is really interesting! A quick glance at the Wikipedia page suggests that Zurvan in the real-world religious context is specifically a dispassionate neutral creator god who created both sides of the traditional Zoroastrian opposition? That definitely makes some of the FFXIV boss's dialogue click.

Right, I have to confess I didn't know anything about Zurvan until I looked it up but it's *such* a specific and resonant reference.

I also do really hope they pick up some of the cultures that existed post-depravities of Allag.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think they're going to make another ranged dps with a gun.

Cannon.

My money's on a new and previously unseen weapon type for one job, and digging into weapons that haven't really seen widespread use for the second if there is one.

My dream is a staff melee or a whip caster/ranged.

...We're getting femhroth, there would be whip dommy mommy butch catladies at Limsa.

I'm okay with this.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Queues for T3 Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) gonna reach an all-time high.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Coils names suck because they're too specific in the wrong way, alex names suck because it doesn't even use the catbook/gear names and you need to dig through the descriptions to see previous tier names mentioned

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Holy poo poo Susano’s fight owns

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the best part about susano is that his voice actor is also the voice actor for urianger

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

goblin week posted:

Holy poo poo Susano’s fight owns

WILD AND PURE AND FOREVER FREE!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bro's just out there living his best life.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Susano egi when

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Susano egi when

poo poo, we can't even have Ramuh and Leviathan.

For real though, I mean, I get from a mechanics/gameplay standpoint that we can't have a jillion summon spells to work through, but at least give us some egi glam options.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Suzaku egi when

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I heard they’re finally adding Glorbo in 7.0.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tenzen: "Buddy, they won't even let..."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Lets talk pie-in-the-sky expansion wishes.

If anything was possible, are there any announcements that would have you hooting and hollering in excitement? A specific class? location? feature?

For me, it would be if they announced a gear/glamour record like WoW's - once you've obtained the gear once, the appearance is permanently unlocked on your character and you don't have to keep it on hand or in the dresser.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want the accents for all the people in the New World to be really thick stereotypical New York accents. I want them to be all like "eh! I'm melding materia here! Fogetaboutit!" and whatever

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Optional voice acting for old trials/bosses even if just a couple rare lines each

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Sentient Data posted:

Optional voice acting for old trials/bosses even if just a couple rare lines each

It is a shame that Gilgamesh is only voiced during his first trial. Super hammy Greg in Kugane would be great.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Give Ifrit a cool theme like Garuda and Titan have rather than Primal Judgement. Like it's fine and all but also it's kinda just "general boss music."Base it off Pitfire or something idk. Also give SMN an Enshroud phase where we get the allag cybernetic horror look like Nael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Lets talk pie-in-the-sky expansion wishes.

If anything was possible, are there any announcements that would have you hooting and hollering in excitement? A specific class? location? feature?

For me, it would be if they announced a gear/glamour record like WoW's - once you've obtained the gear once, the appearance is permanently unlocked on your character and you don't have to keep it on hand or in the dresser.

*cracks knuckles*

- same amount of content that 6.0 MSQ had
- all expansion dungeons will have Criterion-style ex/savage versions
- beastmaster as a limited job with a pokemon-style battle arena in the gold saucer
- the debimbofication of DRK
- canonize the very funny fan ship of Krile and Rowena