Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

This particular trailer has 7.2 million views.

https://youtu.be/SlSfr6Wa5sc

Its not too crazy to assume we'll hit probably over 5 million sales for 2023. Which is fantastic for Armored Core but that'll be slightly offset by all the extra money into development and marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not a souls game though

did people say a christopher nolan film wouldn't do big numbers after his batman trilogy, and were they proved right or wrong

there is every chance this outdoes even elden ring because brrrrt we love machine guns and explosions

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Ineffiable posted:

This particular trailer has 7.2 million views.

https://youtu.be/SlSfr6Wa5sc

Its not too crazy to assume we'll hit probably over 5 million sales for 2023. Which is fantastic for Armored Core but that'll be slightly offset by all the extra money into development and marketing.

Let's be fair, I'm a few hundred of those.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/armoredcoreSIX/status/1682764612176080898?t=cxiADZoNlSrCAqgZoi1hFQ&s=19

Oh, this I like.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

https://twitter.com/armoredcoresix/status/1682764612176080898?s=46&t=jktyfytye3UZnw9aRdYEOw

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

:hellyeah:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gonna get the Friday Night Mech Fights logo ready in advance

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, multiplayer is a distinct and separate mode, right? I had just been assuming this was a singleplayer game. :ohdear:

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, multiplayer is a distinct and separate mode, right? I had just been assuming this was a singleplayer game. :ohdear:

Yeah it’s separate. Main game is mission based single
player

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh thank God, had a moment of panic. Good news then for everybody!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

incorporeal posted:

Yeah it’s separate. Main game is mission based single
player

I don't think that they've said that it's separate anywhere. the campaign is going to have an arena mode and it wouldn't surprise me if the multiplayer is an online component of it.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

I don't think that they've said that it's separate anywhere. the campaign is going to have an arena mode and it wouldn't surprise me if the multiplayer is an online component of it.

I just meant your aren’t going to get invaded or something like a soul game. I’m pretty sure they confirmed that

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

did people say a christopher nolan film wouldn't do big numbers after his batman trilogy, and were they proved right or wrong

there is every chance this outdoes even elden ring because brrrrt we love machine guns and explosions

I mean, if we're talking Nolan, none of his films have matched Rises at the box office yet, despite being massive hits.

I expect this game to do well, but only two From games have hit 10 million that I know of, which makes that a pretty high bar. 5 million seems like a reasonable mid-level bar for this. It's low for From's recent stuff, but for an "average" multi-platform release it's quite good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ummmm can i get a HELL YES

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/DragonCobolt/status/1682759759282176003?t=TyS1SNmkWIP20iot84c9-g&s=19

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
dark souls 1 & 2 have sold at the very least 17 million between them (from 2020 when they announced dark souls 3 had sold 10 million and the dark souls series had sold 27 million worldwide - the more recent figure is 34 million excluding japanese sales) so it's reasonably likely at least one of them has also hit 10 million, and if not then both are fairly close. it wouldn't surprise me at all if sekiro has reached 10 million either but there's less data there (it sold 3.8 million by 30 june 2019, and 5 million

ac6 will sell a few million just on from's reputation and then of course more if the game is well-received, relatively accessible to elden ring fans, and so on. 10 million in a few years' time doesn't seem out of reach but far from guaranteed or anything

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

incorporeal posted:

I just meant your aren’t going to get invaded or something like a soul game. I’m pretty sure they confirmed that

That said, it's been a series staple for you to get halfway through an ordinary mission and then ENEMY AC DETECTED. Yeah I think they said player invasions weren't going to be a thing, but it sure would be on-brand for AC.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

On the other hand, fantasy is more popular than sci-fi.

So we’ll see, but I’m highly sceptical this beats out Elden Ring.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CoD sells 20+ million copies every time so I am confident this next Spyro game will do absolute gangbusters

- some actiblizz guy who subscribes to this thread’s theories on how game sales work

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 23, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

CottonWolf posted:

????

this is not gonna be remotely true in a general sense

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ummmm can i get a HELL YES

HELL YES

wait poo poo I'm gonna have to start paying for ps+ again

this capitalist hellscape videogame is too immersive!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So how long do you think it'll take before someone makes a model swap mod that adds in a Gundam or Transformer.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

lih posted:

dark souls 1 & 2 have sold at the very least 17 million between them (from 2020 when they announced dark souls 3 had sold 10 million and the dark souls series had sold 27 million worldwide - the more recent figure is 34 million excluding japanese sales) so it's reasonably likely at least one of them has also hit 10 million, and if not then both are fairly close.

Bamco is gonna be including the remaster and SotC editions in those numbers, which is something to consider.

gently caress, with how many platforms I’ve bought all the editions on, half those sales might just be me.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not a souls game though

What the gently caress? *cancels preorder*

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 23, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

that's goty material

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

^^^ The world seems cool but all the environments I've seen have been metal girders, metal platforms and metallic mesh, in various states of being on fire. Even if the mechanics of the game are tight the setting isn't as engaging.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mata posted:

Even if the mechanics of the game are tight the setting isn't as engaging.

lmao :wrong:

Tonetta posted:

that's goty material

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mata posted:

^^^ The world seems cool but all the environments I've seen have been metal girders, metal platforms and metallic mesh, in various states of being on fire. Even if the mechanics of the game are tight the setting isn't as engaging.

The setting in Armored Core rules, though???

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
if it’s all steel girders, forges and icey tundras it’ll be cool as hell. however, i think they’ve given themselves the option to get weird with it via the underground cities. from software likes diverse settings and they have the budget for it with this game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MECHABRUTALISM IS FOR THE WINNING

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
looking forward to the Concrete Swamp

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Just over a month to go.

... I AM AN ADULT

I HAVE A LIFE

... I dont' think I have enough pto stored for this.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

looking forward to the Concrete Swamp

My limited experience playing through the games in the series:

AC1 has a base assault mission with toxic gas that melts your AC for the whole mission
AC2 has a base assault mission with electrified water floors that damage your AC if you touch them AND containers that if destroyed will fill a room with toxic gas that melts your AC overtime. Enemy are all fliers armed with shotguns.

Concrete Swamp is going to be great.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Armored Core 6 is going to differentiate itself from the Souls games by having Lava that's actually dangerous.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Armored Core 6 is going to differentiate itself from the Souls games by having Lava that's actually dangerous.

Previous AC games had that already. Hot enough to hurt just by being nearby, and an instakill on contact.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phrosphor posted:

My limited experience playing through the games in the series:

AC1 has a base assault mission with toxic gas that melts your AC for the whole mission
AC2 has a base assault mission with electrified water floors that damage your AC if you touch them AND containers that if destroyed will fill a room with toxic gas that melts your AC overtime. Enemy are all fliers armed with shotguns.

Concrete Swamp is going to be great.

AC4 and 4A both have poison kojima particle swamps that will do the same thing

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I highly doubt this is going to do 10 mil.

You're right. It's going to do 100 million. Quote this post if you believe in FromSoft and you're a true Corehead.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Carmant posted:

You're right. It's going to do 100 million. Quote this post if you believe in FromSoft and you're a true Corehead.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man

Carmant posted:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Carmant posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Carmant posted: