Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
while iowa sucks poo poo for being crazy about the first votes candidates choking down regional garbage food has always made me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"I want to be the leader of the free world, but first I have to eat an elephant ear and a corn dog"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i know those exactly what you'd call hyper local. i wish Ohio was earlier so they'd have to eat Skyline chili or something. maybe scrapple

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i will be very vocal about the nomination process being led by states with just the absolute worst loving poo poo.

DeSantis eating hog knuckles. Joe Biden choking down pickled eggs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stunning Honky posted:

"I want to be the leader of the free world, but first I have to eat an elephant ear and a corn dog"

woah, elephant ears and corn dogs aren't on trial here. we're talking about pork chops on sticks!

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
If I remember correctly; some elected official, in my district, was caught jerking off in a parking lot and whilst there accepting bribes. All in a blockbuster parking lot. He just dissappeared and all charges were dropped.

KORNOLOGY has issued a correction as of 09:55 on Jul 23, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Imagine, if you will, being so drunk with power that you beat off in a public space to accept bribes. I would call him a god if he didn't gently caress over schools.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KORNOLOGY posted:

Imagine, if you will, being so drunk with power that you beat off in a public space to accept bribes. I would call him a god if he didn't gently caress over schools.

is your monitor on?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fermun posted:

a couple from also-rans from the 2020 democratic primaries. this dude whose name i forget going to the iowa state fair and having fun before the 2020 democratic primaries

a democrat representative from ohio, tim ryan, also went to the iowa state fair to try to float running for the democratic primaries and drank like 10 busch lights

Chapo going to the 2020 Iowa state fair to interview all the primary candidates and only booking Orb Mom and The Admiral. Bernie's definitely next week, guys

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bernie knew Virgil was bad news

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Last few posts made me remember mayo Pete eating a cinnamon bun

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sorry, a tactical cinnamon bun

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The fact it wasnt a chicken wing

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

projecthalaxy posted:

Chapo going to the 2020 Iowa state fair to interview all the primary candidates and only booking Orb Mom and The Admiral. Bernie's definitely next week, guys

The chapo marianne interview was actually pretty good cause v*rgil got her to out her whole good health and vibes campaign as a crock of poo poo by supporting the american military and opposing universal healthcare.

Probably the two most obvious psychic and physical obstacles to tackle before America can ascend into the light

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

moist turtleneck posted:

Bernie knew Virgil was bad news

Bad news about the guy he ended up endorsing then

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Lib and let die posted:

Sorry, a tactical cinnamon bun

people defending his eating style by saying it was to maximize situational awareness, his head was on a swivel, nothing could possibly sneak up on him and accidentally describing the hypervigilance part of ptsd

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also didn't he pay to skip basic training or something

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
bernie followers being surprised about the dncs ability to rat gently caress people which was nothing new at all

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ben shapino posted:

Bad news about the guy he ended up endorsing then

lmao

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Third World Reagan posted:

bernie followers being surprised about the dncs ability to rat gently caress people which was nothing new at all
Twice in a row! For 2016 the DNC was much more blunt, doing the local politics trick of sending out wrong dates and locations so people wouldn't show up to the actual vote, by 2020 the Bernie campaign wised up to that. Too bad about everything else

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

you don't have to pay when you are an employee of the cia. he was sent over with no particular training or responsibilities. but if you squint hard enough all those photo ops of ratboy in military cosplay mean he is now technically a veteran. dems will never figure out that the lip service paid to ARE TROOPS doesn't actually matter. it's very important for electability, which is a concept completely unrelated to winning elections.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you don't have to pay when you are an employee of the cia. he was sent over with no particular training or responsibilities. but if you squint hard enough all those photo ops of ratboy in military cosplay mean he is now technically a veteran. dems will never figure out that the lip service paid to ARE TROOPS doesn't actually matter. it's very important for electability, which is a concept completely unrelated to winning elections.

didn't they do something similar along the lip service lines except it was for cuban americans and lmao good luck I guess. They're not the brightest bunch of tools in the crayon box

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

we expected a full blown riot at the DNC instead all we got was a plywood coffin and a weed float

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Particularly as the previous election provided an example of what happens when the establishment vote gets divided among a crowded primary field.

Who could have predicted that the DNC would take action to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen again?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

as i recall he ended up being a glorified accountant

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cerebral Bore posted:

as i recall he ended up being a glorified accountant

I imagine this is a reasonable description of a lot of g-men at the CIA

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the land on which the Co-Op City cooperatively-owned housing development in the Bronx now sits was, immediately before that, an insanely jingoistic white supremacist theme park called 'Freedomland USA' in which guests could take a trip back to the, quote, 'Indian-fightin' days' and go on a stagecoach ride where they had to fight off attacks by 'savages', then buy souvenirs at 'Fort Cavalry'.

the park cost like 60 million dollars in early 1960s money which was over three times what Disneyland had cost up to that point, took up over 80 acres of extremely expensive leased real estate in loving NYC, fell short of its first year attendance goals by half, financially ruined a bunch of its investors, and had been demolished within four years of opening.

pretty much all the land in the development that does not actually have some kind of construction on it is still technically zoned as an amusement park

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
sounds like a great place for the joker to hide

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

MD2020 posted:

Particularly as the previous election provided an example of what happens when the establishment vote gets divided among a crowded primary field.

Who could have predicted that the DNC would take action to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen again?
fool me once, shame on... shame on you. fool me... you can't get fooled again.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
"Time traveling russian hackers made me post homophobic slurs" as a legitimately accepted excuse

And

That msnbc host breaking down crying live on air because he genuinely believed bernie sanders was going to do live media executions in central park

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wasn't that Chris Matthews?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

sleep with the vicious posted:

That msnbc host breaking down crying live on air because he genuinely believed bernie sanders was going to do live media executions in central park

Still looking at that alternate timeline longingly.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

ikanreed posted:

Still looking at that alternate timeline longingly.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

he later, entirely seriously, compared Bernie winning in Nevada to the fall of France in 1940

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

yeah
he got fired like a week later lmao

Mister Bates posted:

he later, entirely seriously, compared Bernie winning in Nevada to the fall of France in 1940

for this iirc

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I thought he quit unexpectedly on air and the network had to frantically replace him asap

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

big 'that one episode of quantum leap' vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mister Bates posted:

His name is Bernie and he's proposing moderate reforms. These two facts seemed to convince many people that he "just wants to burn it all down!"