Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

turn off your monitors

1080p, always off. The old man gave it to me...gently caress 'im.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Let's take the opposite end of absurdity: insist on 16k, at x8640 it's the first doubling resolution that can gracefully handle good old NTSC's 480 lines of 11:10 pixels and you'd even have some left for scanlines.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
have a funny feeling the last thing i'm ever gonna do in Days Gone is head north

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Homeless Friend posted:

a little tip for goons: you dont want to see the pixels lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbLnt3QYrU

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Finished Ghost Trick yesterday. Missile rules.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cuttlefush posted:

turn off your monitors

Ah, the deepest blacks

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Remnant 2 has a baaaaaaad case of the Whedons

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

so does every other game made in the last year

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
not true

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I should receive my copy of Kill Chaos today.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah that's the point being made. at normal functional distance from a 20-60 inch screen there's no perceptible difference between 1080 and 8k

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

an owls casket posted:

Finished Ghost Trick yesterday. Missile rules.

still one of the greatest games ever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

smarxist posted:

have a funny feeling the last thing i'm ever gonna do in Days Gone is head north

You were right about days gone. It was a very good game and it is a shame we are never getting a sequel. One of the best open world games of last gen.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

drat wish I had 2k v-bucks. A set I've wanted for a long time is now bundled.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Remnant 2 has a baaaaaaad case of the Whedons

maybe im not far enough in but the writing has been ok so far. The MC does a few quippy stuff at the start but it fell off pretty quick for me. The random dialogue has been ok with some lines getting a chuckle from me here and there

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
are the crysis games worth playing

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mr Hootington posted:

You were right about days gone. It was a very good game and it is a shame we are never getting a sequel. One of the best open world games of last gen.

Mr Hootington posted:

Unsurprising you like the bigoted game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

These optional bosses in Persona 5 Strikers have way too much HP!

It's also a bit annoying how my two options seem to be "chug SP items while repeatedly casting Concentrate + strong magic" (if I actually want a fight to take less than 15+ minutes) and "actually play the game with combos and poo poo" (if I want to stylishly do the fight at least 2x slower while also putting myself at risk through said combos).

At least stuff looks really cool when you and your party members have high crit rate attacks (or other ways to frequently get 1 Mores). The final fight in the Osaka jail felt cool because my guys kept triggering constant 1 More attacks (plus the cool music). It's also fun to rip and tear through large groups of enemies with Wolf.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Robo Reagan posted:

Crysis 1 is fun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Robo Reagan posted:

in tyool 2023? probably not

there's better games to be using your time on. they're fine of course but were more interesting at the time they came out.

Trepang2 is kinda like a modern Crysis 2 since you get cloak and bullet time and go around killing paramilitary guys

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I should receive my copy of Kill Chaos today.

I've been enjoying it, it's not quite as comedic and dumb as I expected, it's about a 4 on the scale where drakengard 3 is a 10, but it is very strange which I appreciate.

Also the gameplay is good fun, especially the berserker and breaker jobs with a giant axe.

I wish ff16 was out on pc so I could compare them directly

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Robo Reagan posted:

Crysis 1 has to be seen to be believed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That game does have interesting undertones that better writers would have played with.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

I've been enjoying it, it's not quite as comedic and dumb as I expected, it's about a 4 on the scale where drakengard 3 is a 10, but it is very strange which I appreciate.

Also the gameplay is good fun, especially the berserker and breaker jobs with a giant axe.

I wish ff16 was out on pc so I could compare them directly

Haven't played SoP yet but I bet the combat is better than 16, even 7R looked more interesting than this. The spectacle is great, but "PS2 action game" is still the most accurate description I've seen.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PS2 action games were the best so that tracks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

indigi posted:

yeah that's the point being made. at normal functional distance from a 20-60 inch screen there's no perceptible difference between 1080 and 8k

look at a wire in the distance or anything with transparency, test over.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So epic sent out another survey of what would players like to see for collaborations.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1682809218573713408?t=S7t2oI4gCZdEd7krJ8Q1hg&s=19
This is all temperature feelers of the community, but there is 2 big things that are a bit different from previous survives like this. This time has a lot more disney animated characters/movies and a lot more Nintendo stuff.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing g the scooby-doo gang or looney toons.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homeless Friend posted:

look at a wire

no

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
headshot hue was a test that so many people failed.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Asia's problematic portrayal of Italians continues unabated.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
8k is good, for vr

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

So epic sent out another survey of what would players like to see for collaborations.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1682809218573713408?t=S7t2oI4gCZdEd7krJ8Q1hg&s=19
This is all temperature feelers of the community, but there is 2 big things that are a bit different from previous survives like this. This time has a lot more disney animated characters/movies and a lot more Nintendo stuff.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing g the scooby-doo gang or looney toons.

Definitely MasterChef should be made.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ethan Winters is kind of funny since Capcom went years without giving him a definitive appearance beyond his hosed up hands

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

indigi posted:

This is a bit much, the difference between 1080p and 4k is very noticable on any TV bigger than like 45 inches, even from a normal viewing distance. 1440p is the point where it gets hard to tell (and I can still tell, it's just subtle, while I could instantly distinguish between 1080p and 4k).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Definitely MasterChef should be made.

Fortnite Gordon Ramsey would be very funny

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Homeless Friend posted:

i want to see the pixels

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

i want to see the pixels

this dude wants to see josh gad gently caress qbert

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

i want to see the pixels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERJXgDf5SVY

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i like that blight town has a path to nowhere but you get a bonfire for it. thank you so much