Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My 7 year old self absofuckinlutely climbed the forbidden stairs at Loews. Like seriously Dad, if you’re dragging me into the hardware store, the stairs are getting climbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The stairs are only ostensibly forbidden so that you think that you’re getting away with something by climbing them. This satiates the troublemakers and typically keeps them off of the forklifts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sagebrush posted:

Why do trucks always break down on railroad crossings?

To get to the Other Side

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

…I should call him.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

…I should call him.

Sorry your ex had a literal copper manpussy.

Harbor Freight makes things for this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/y9sg2Gr.mp4

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I had a boss who was a legit believer in this and it loving sucked rear end

One fish flying to History Comes Inside!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like Neelix would be perfect for a horrifically violent Forklift Driver Klaus-esque warning film, you can have Viggo for your more banal ones.

gently caress that, angry worf on a forklift.

It's now a fork'leth

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this is just goatse with a sepiatone filter

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Kith posted:

this is just goatse with a sepiatone filter

That's too small for the mighty goatman

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Platystemon posted:

The stairs are only ostensibly forbidden so that you think that you’re getting away with something by climbing them. This satiates the troublemakers and typically keeps them off of the forklifts.

I had a customer today who asked if I could "fetch her a ladder" so she could get up close to a display model like six meters up on a wall.

I was strongly tempted to comply just so she could break her neck and I could get the day off.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

that is ridiculously satisfying to watch. it makes my ocd very happy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

holy poo poo that is a good tool

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ded posted:

holy poo poo that is a good tool

I'm suspicious of exactly how rigid those joints can hold. I suspect they flex a bit even when done-up.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

this is how they used to build boats before people could read or write

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/editors-blog/fit-irregular-impossible-shapes-ticking-sticks/

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

It's a universal rule that all corporate training videos are terrible and made with the lowest cost actors possible.

Clearly you've never seen Forklift Driver Klaus

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ry6ttyzyPC1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rxxe7cF4J01r0uzl6.mp4

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
no hi-vis

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PookBear posted:

except for surviving edged weapons that poo poo goes hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Yo_vLDczQ

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

holy poo poo

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

That put a smile on may face. As a consultant for 10 years now, every customer makes me take their compliance training. I know I'm not supposed to use a floor buffer in an MRI room, that I should watch my customers action at the bank counter to ensure they are not coerced and not to bribe dictators running foreign governments.

"I will never share classified information."

That movie gets a 10.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
she was about 100 milliseconds from decapitation. good lord

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Hell yeah I was looking for that earlier to show my brother and having no luck googling it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

It's a universal rule that all corporate training videos are terrible and made with the lowest cost actors possible.

but the Union Pacific film about the right way to hop freight trains tho

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Rx57jVGfso

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

she was about 100 milliseconds from decapitation. good lord

:stare: the sound of her hair hitting the pole...

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Yeah, this is what I was worried about when I was talking about the kids I saw hop my train Tuesday. If I didn't make it clear at the time, they didn't sneak on the cars or find a "safe" well to sit in between cars, like when people hop carts. They were, as far as I could tell, hanging off the doors.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Genius

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7256065499568606469

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Vampire Panties posted:

:stare: the sound of her hair hitting the pole...

She's lucky her hair wasn't longer then, it'd just straight up wrap around like a bolo then immediately lead to bad times

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

One trick hairdressers don't want you to know!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Honestly, that device is a marvel of engineering. It does not just fulfil its primary function of brutally immolating anyone who falls on it. Its secondary function is to create tripping hazards during normal operation, enhancing its primary function as a side effect.

This kind of synergy is why engineers are paid so well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
here's a couple fun recent ones from work for you guys

a 35 pound box of heavily used and rusty kitchen knives, presumably being sent to either dispose of or grind the rust off. forgot to take some pictures of the ones that were all over the belt like one that was basically a scimitar, the box had nothing but knives and a single sheet of the big bubble style bubblewrap in it to contain them. nothing keeping the blades from just stabbing through the box that I could see.

a leaking hazmat that I got a bit on my hands when I went to pick it up, but immediately poured my bottle of water on and dashed to the bathroom to thoroughly clean off with all the soap and water

literal de-pissing acid solution

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Captain Invictus posted:

a leaking hazmat that I got a bit on my hands when I went to pick it up, but immediately poured my bottle of water on and dashed to the bathroom to thoroughly clean off with all the soap and water

literal de-pissing acid solution

This is, from the SDS, concentrated phosporic acid, which is bad but not the absolute worst.

It would have hosed up your hands if you didn’t wash it off.

Here’s what a hand looks like when the acid has time to work on it..

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh I'm well aware what even minor acid can do to you if not dealt with instantly or if a lot gets on at once(had a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner crack open and gush all over my hands once, not fun), it's why I immediately dumped the entirety of my water bottle on it and dashed to the bathroom even before I read what it was, I just saw the hazmat diamond label and went into "get it off" mode. if it'd been on there for more than the 30 seconds it was I would've definitely filled out a form, but as it was it was basically a "splash" of it on my skin which I washed and wiped off immediately. sure as hell left a mark on the conveyor belt, though.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I will never not be amused by idiots who (almost) die for the 'gram.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I want to make one of those at the cottage now. :stare:

https://twitter.com/smoke_nd_pearlz/status/1682501032792694788?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

mrmcd posted:

I will never not be amused by idiots who (almost) die for the 'gram.

Doesn't Instagram also pay complete dogshit compared to other content platforms? Or am I thinking of Tiktok.

I guess most people care more about notoriety?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Still calling shenanigans. Why was the hose just…on, for what must have been hours. Insurance fraud to get a new floor fo sho

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/jm5n0qsbkpdb1/DASH_720.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bad Munki posted:

Still calling shenanigans. Why was the hose just…on, for what must have been hours. Insurance fraud to get a new floor fo sho

That or they were going to renovate it anyway, maybe there was already water damage. That said, it's plausible that it would have been left on while filling a hot tub or flooding moles or something, but that looks like a lot of water. Most insurance companies would give you a hard time if you were being that careless and unattentive with open faucets and pets.