Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

meatball ron doesn't have what it takes to hock gold on fox news, let alone be a governor or president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

US troops on their summer exercises in Benning are apparently digging proper trenches again :911:

Digging trenches in the Georgia summer heat sounds like punishment they hand out in hell

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

desantis is trying to pivot to libs by showing them the symbol theyve been in love with for the last couple of years

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Digging trenches in the Georgia summer heat sounds like punishment they hand out in hell

you didn't see the tactical bulldozers?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Americans are lords of the earth!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Psycho Society posted:

lol also all of the engineers (horizontal construction? Combat?) appear to be black.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

In the Army it's just a Tuesday.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Toplowtech posted:

And the result is 50/50.

I voted Albania and I expect everyone ITT to do the same

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Psycho Society posted:

amerifats have to work up to shovel and pickax

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Throatwarbler posted:

It's widely known that Stalin and the USSR were advocates of a partition along the Yangtze and a North/South China setup, but Mao ignored him and crossed the Yangtze anyway.

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1683068740957532160

I don't blame Stalin tried to keep China split, same reason I don't blame Mao/China didn't want North Vietnam unify South Vietnam. Both CPC and CPV did the "put up or shut up" thing so they earned it, there is nothing else need to be said.

US did keep a piece of China ununified for 70+ years, that's why it's important for China to unify Taiwan, culturally. The Taiwan dispute is not the same as all other territorial disputes China has with her neighbors.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

US troops on their summer exercises in Benning are apparently digging proper trenches again :911:

World War 3 is going to literally be a World War 1 do-over isn't it

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

horse isn't bad

horses are sentient beings who feel pain and fear death

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gotta appreciate someone having a triangle there on hand.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

women ride me
🐴
horses fear me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

nah, trenches are still mostly in localized (continent-sized) conflicts. now you've got baby suicide drones and beyond that the instant, painless release of the mushroom cloud

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The climate wars aren't going to be fought in a pleasant 68 degrees F, best to start getting troops acclimated now.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ТАСС posted:

On July 23, the Ukrainian Armed Forces used a HIMARS rocket to attempt the life of the head of the administration of the city of Alyosha located on the left bank of the Dnieper, Georgy Zhuravko. The mayor was not injured, the press secretary of the acting governor of the Kherson region, Vladimir Vasilenko, told us.

"The AFU struck at the house of Georgy Zhuravko at a time when he was not in the building. The house is destroyed. Experts found fragments of the HIMARS rocket on the spot," Vasilenko said.
(from t.me/tass_agency/202215, via tgsa)

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Psycho Society posted:

in the exact same picture as the one with the bulldozer there are a bunch of soldiers holding shovels, in his defense

The Oldest Man posted:

of so it's going to be one of those series where even numbered installments have certain characteristics while odd numbered installments have others?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Enjoy posted:

problem?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

The Oldest Man posted:

Well you have more world population but a lot less people willing to die in ww3 than ww1, and drones everywhere. So 4k high resolution kill cam every day.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i say swears online posted:

nah, trenches are still mostly in localized (continent-sized) conflicts. now you've got baby suicide drones and beyond that the instant, painless release of the mushroom cloud

Baby suicide drones and even tactical nukes just sound like more weight against maneuver forces tbh; entrenching helps with survivability against both

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well you have more world population but a lot less people willing to die in ww3 than ww1, and drones everywhere. So 4k high resolution kill cam every day.

One thing that nukes will definitely help with is keeping up the suffering ratio to ww1 standards with much larger populations.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

yes, killing sentient beings for pleasure is wrong

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Enjoy posted:

good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

СОЛОВЬЁВ posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
⚡️ "They have enough for the "offensive" until the end of August, they will manage to hold on until the end of August. Then there will be a short break. In winter, they will not achieve much of anything. Well, by spring, I think it will all be over," — Lieutenant General Andrey Mordvichev, commander of the Center group of troops, in an exclusive interview ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Watch the full version of the interview with the commander of the Brave today, after 22 hours, on the air of "Sunday Evening" with Vladimir Solovyov on the TV channel 1️⃣1️⃣1️⃣1️⃣1
(from t.me/SolovievLive/197702, via tgsa)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Enjoy posted:

don't really care

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
plants are sentient and I am tired of people thinking they are not

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

success for Ukraine in the counter offensive by the end of August, with everything being over by next spring! This is great news for Ukraine!!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

РБК posted:

Igor Strelkov is in the Lefortovo pre-trial detention center, he was visited by members of the Moscow monitoring committee. The secretary of the committee Alexey Melnikov said that Strelkov's double occupancy cell has a TV, a refrigerator, a place to store personal belongings and "everything that is required within the internal regulations," Strelkov refused to talk to human rights defenders.
(from t.me/rbc_news/78740, via tgsa)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

if plants and horses are sentient, why don't we have any slurs for them

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Political prisoners are bad. But I'm glad he's being treated significantly more humanely than any part of the US prison system.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zodium posted:

if plants and horses are sentient, why don't we have any slurs for them

horse people have all sorts of slurs for them

1stGear posted:

Political prisoners are bad. But I'm glad he's being treated significantly more humanely than any part of the US prison system.

depends on the politics

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

horse people have all sorts of slurs for them

depends on the politics

doesn't count, horse people arent sentient

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Okay come on guys. There’s no way Tony is gonna be the only person watching those videos. Am I crazy?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Enjoy posted:

big time kinkshamer over here

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Poppers posted:

Okay come on guys. There’s no way Tony is gonna be the only person watching those videos. Am I crazy?

lol... careful

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... careful

come on, what's the worst that can happen?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

plants are sentient and I am tired of people thinking they are not

if plants were sentient, going vegan would be better because animals are fed an order of magnitude more plants than humans eat directly (trophic levels)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/10/105002

but plants aren't sentient
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8052213/

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
mlmp arguments are better than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1683191610085978113?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

quite the decor 🤨