Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
wish someone would’ve warned me that Knock Knock sucks (jk i heard it a thousand times but failed to listen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

wish someone would’ve warned me that Knock Knock sucks (jk i heard it a thousand times but failed to listen)

Now watch Megan is Missing

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

oh my god I have never been angrier at a movie

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its Friday night and I'm watching Godzilla films from the 80s and eating ice cream.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I'm watching The Price We Pay because someone linked the trailer a few pages ago and it's fine so far. I'm hoping it picks up soon.

e: Update, I have finished the movie, I will 100% forget this movie in literally a week.

First 4/5ths of the movie are boring with basically no reason to really root for anybody. Full honesty, it's available on Peacock, I'd just fast forward and watch the last 15 minutes (where every single interesting thing happens) and just call it good. There's a really neat practical effect head explosion by high tension barbed wire coil that's probably worth seeing but I can't recommend watching the first chunk of the movie to get there.

e2: gently caress it, here's a GIF of the spoilered thing above, save yourself some time.

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 22, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Is Malum any good? I barely remember Last Shift FWIW, but I love a good abandoned police station movie. And if it’s anything like The Void (I know, not a police station) bonus points IMO.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

Is Malum any good? I barely remember Last Shift FWIW, but I love a good abandoned police station movie. And if it’s anything like The Void (I know, not a police station) bonus points IMO.

I remember liking it more than I liked Last Shift, mainly because it's 100% more schlocky and gory. It's basically just a hyper-gooped Assault on Precinct 13, so like, go hog wild.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
drat, I've got to watch The Void again. Such a great movie.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah it’s one of those horror movies that I want to watch for the first time again. It rules. I may watch it now actually.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I didn't like how dark it was in parts of the film it made it difficult to see.

sad question
May 30, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEFgIv-aqM

Monologue is very funny tho. I crack up at delivery of "bubble bath!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Finally got around to seeing History of the Occult and really liked it but there's one thing I don't understand at all: what exactly was Natalia doing? Why was she waiting by the phone? What was she sent to retrieve? Was it the iPhone, with which to disrupt the fiction that it's 1987?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I remember liking it more than I liked Last Shift, mainly because it's 100% more schlocky and gory. It's basically just a hyper-gooped Assault on Precinct 13, so like, go hog wild.

well I liked Last Shift well enough but this description has put Malum in the "must watch soon" pile

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

heard u like girls posted:

Leading me to discover an actor known at the time for playing over the top villains called...

TOD SLAUGHTER

You only just heard of Tod Slaughter? He was a stage actor primarily, but if he hadn't been he would have been the Vincent Price of his day.

It wasn't his real name, of course. His real name was Norman.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Now watch Megan is Missing

seent it years ago im good

Bogus Adventure posted:

i rewatched this immediately after Knock Knock and i liked it even more than the first time i watched it. i remember feeling pretty indifferent about it when it first came out.

sad question posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEFgIv-aqM

Monologue is very funny tho. I crack up at delivery of "bubble bath!"

this cracked me up:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

lmao

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Late to the party, but yeah: Evil Dead Rise, very cool & fun & mean. Alyssa Sutherland rocks and I wanna marry her. Loved how they used the intro segment as almost a reverse post credits scene.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

You only just heard of Tod Slaughter? He was a stage actor primarily, but if he hadn't been he would have been the Vincent Price of his day.

It wasn't his real name, of course. His real name was Norman.

Yeah never heard of him before this flick and wiki says his full name was Norman Carter Slaughter, which i guess was your joke lol

owns haha

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lol

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Lumbermouth posted:

Killer Klowns was already mentioned so I’m gonna say the Return of the Living Dead version of Partytime

https://youtu.be/0Ly4611uL6Q

Much like everybody in this thread I’m a huge ROTLD fan, I do a bit of tag team wrestling here and there my team is called The Party so we had that song re-worked for our entrance (apologies you’re gonna hear me “sing”)

https://youtu.be/ghnMtB5LiFU

Both me and my tag partner are big fans and have tattoos of Tarman

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Gaz2k21 posted:

Much like everybody in this thread I’m a huge ROTLD fan, I do a bit of tag team wrestling here and there my team is called The Party so we had that song re-worked for our entrance (apologies you’re gonna hear me “sing”)

https://youtu.be/ghnMtB5LiFU

Both me and my tag partner are big fans and have tattoos of Tarman

Kick rear end! I love that.

When I was in wrestling I was a manager that was like a haunted carnival horror host and my client was doing a cross between a Voldo-inspired contortionist and a possessed scarecrow gimmick. We entered to Secular Haze by Ghost and I loved it, but when they got injured and I had to pause because of a move (and then other things) I had to leave the business for a bit but I'm always wishing I could go back in. Ironically I'm actually way more familiar with more horror than just Hellraiser nowadays and would probably be even better at it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

rewatching Malignant and it made me wonder: what are your guys’ favorite Monster’s Workbench scenes?

I’m thinking Insidious… Jeepers Creepers… what am I missing?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Elm street is the obvious one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooh and ofc Evil Dead 2

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reggie building the quad shotgun in the Phantasm series.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Is that where the monster has a workbench or just any scene with a workbench?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Reggie building the quad shotgun in the Phantasm series.

Amen, brother.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

rewatching Malignant and it made me wonder: what are your guys’ favorite Monster’s Workbench scenes?

Various scenes in MAY.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Elm street is the obvious one

Yeah. Movie opens with Freddy's DIY fingerknives project. I appreciate how it's in a tiny subwindow like you were watching it on an old TV or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mandy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mandy's is an all-timer.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The blood test in The Thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The one true perfect example is Evil Dead 2.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-PZ4Qy5F0Q

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

home alone 1 and 2

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Definitely May for me. There's a pretty good one in Livid too. You know those scissors have seen some poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Art has a cool one

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

goddamnit The Seed tricked me by having an amazing poster and someone said it was like Society and then it was just three of the dumbest people taking over an hour in what may be the slowest-paced movie I've ever watched. Seriously, even tone-poem arthouse poo poo moves faster than this.

e:

Gaz2k21 posted:

I’m late to the party but this is the best song from a Horror Movie…..it’s some Eurodance nonsense from Beyond Re-Animator and it loving rules

Eat poo poo, François Truffaut

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Rewatched The Descent last night, which I last saw about 16 years ago. At the time I watched it, the cave-in scene near the beginning was the first and only time I'd had a panic attack during a movie. Anyway it's still got it, jesus christ.