Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hogan would go back to NJPW and hook up with nWo Japan brother

Aaaah, atsukunai desu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Going through some old B&Vs and had no idea they brought back Glacier towards the end.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I imagine if they hadn't gone so anti Hogan when X-pac came back to WWE they could have pitched a returning Hogan joining up with DX as him having already worked with one half of the Kliq so he's right at home with DX

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hogan returns to the fed, joins dx as leader, shoot marries Steph and we get Papa Hogan in Triple Paul’s spot. HHH has podcast with Conrad about his second run in WCW as Terra Ryzin

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Seams posted:

Hogan returns to the fed, joins dx as leader, shoot marries Steph and we get Papa Hogan in Triple Paul’s spot. HHH has podcast with Conrad about his second run in WCW as Terra Ryzin

wrestlemania gets renamed to hulkamania

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

WWF was really hurting for heels to go up against Austin after WrestleMania XIV. Credit to (I think) Bix on an episode of Between the Sheets for planting this idea in my head, but Vince bringing in Hogan as his corporate champ to go against Austin could’ve been great.

Now realistically, Hogan probably wouldn’t have let Austin actually go over, so we’re better off that it didn’t happen.

Doesn't Austin loving hate Hogan? I'd imagine 1998 super-protective of his spot Austin would have refused to work with someone he didn't have an ounce of respect for.

drrockso20 posted:

I imagine if they hadn't gone so anti Hogan when X-pac came back to WWE they could have pitched a returning Hogan joining up with DX as him having already worked with one half of the Kliq so he's right at home with DX

Hogan wouldn't have worked with DX, like, at all. I don't mean in a "that doesn't work with me, brother" sense, but in a "really bad fit" sense, regardless of how massive Hogan's JNCO jeans were.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 23, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hogan going back to WWE/F in 98 would be super interesting cause Vince talking to him seriously (and it's heavily rumored it was seriously) shows that Vince really didn't believe Austin could be the top guy at the time. Bringing back Hogan after Mania and having it pop the ratings with the start of a feud with Austin would sure as hell allow Hogan to pull his Hogan speak on Vince and I'd say about around Survivor series after they tour some die hard old school WWF towns Hogan pulls his usual antics and gets big pops which leads to him pushing to go face and be the top guy again .

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

edogawa rando posted:

Doesn't Austin loving hate Hogan? I'd imagine 1998 super-protective of his spot Austin would have refused to work with someone he didn't have an ounce of respect for.

Hogan wouldn't have worked with DX, like, at all. I don't mean in a "that doesn't work with me, brother" sense, but in a "really bad fit" sense, regardless of how massive Hogan's JNCO jeans were.

"I'm not going to moon the hard cam brother...or maybe I will!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

at the same time the buyrates for austin/hogan in 98 would be eyepopping. if hogan didnt get much creative control im sure austin would put up with it for a few paydays

the real question is, what do you with everyone else if the main event is austin/corporate champ hogan? the rock's push would probably get delayed a few months but itd happen eventually, guy was money, but i cant see kane sniffing a main event.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also while looking this up apparently Vince was talking to Savage at the time too, which, iunno what the hell you'd even do with Savage. I can imagine Hogan/Austin but Savage/Rock feels like a fever dream.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"So what if Ed Leslie was Mr rear end instead, dude?"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I could imagine some solid shenanigans out of pairing Macho Man with any of Mick Foley's personas whether as an opponent or as a tag team

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hogan 3:16 says that doesn't work for me, brother

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Macho Man treating each of Foley’s personas as a different person and having different relationships with them that he discusses with the others is something I could see happening.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

FUSA, brother! F U Steve Austin!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

"So what if Ed Leslie was Mr rear end instead, dude?"

Well, he did have previous experience as the Booty Man

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

zetamind2000 posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'll be watching starrcade '87 chi-town heat sometime this week. The last month and a half of TV shows have really spun their wheels and felt like the Crocketts were desperate to get matches set up.

Sting arriving is interesting. He feels like an ultimate warrior and ric flair mash-up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Endorph posted:

Also while looking this up apparently Vince was talking to Savage at the time too, which, iunno what the hell you'd even do with Savage. I can imagine Hogan/Austin but Savage/Rock feels like a fever dream.

I could see Rock replacing Nash in the poop feud.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Macho Man treating each of Foley’s personas as a different person and having different relationships with them that he discusses with the others is something I could see happening.

Macho Man and Dude Love have a blood feud, but Mankind and Macho remain best friends the entire time. Also, in kayfabe, Macho Man never realises they are different people.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Macho Man vs Cactus Jack hardcore match ‘98

I’d watch it :shrug:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I know the theoretical is what would Hogan do in WWF in 1998 but also what would WCW do without him? Does the NWO fizzle out way faster than it eventually did or do they panic and try to make someone else like Savage the leader?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I know the theoretical is what would Hogan do in WWF in 1998 but also what would WCW do without him? Does the NWO fizzle out way faster than it eventually did or do they panic and try to make someone else like Savage the leader?

Kevin Nash. The answer is Kevin Nash.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sandman McMahon posted:

Kevin Nash. The answer is Kevin Nash.

poop feud for control of the nwo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

If we assume that Hogan does the job at Starrcade '97 and then leaves, I still think we get the nWo civil war, black and white vs Wolfpac. There's money in the initial angle, there's money in the breakup, and then there's money in the reconciliation. I'm trying to remember but Hogan's '98 was uneventful other than the Goldberg match in the Georgia Dome and the Warrior debacle at Halloween Havoc.

In the end, Nash still ends up in charge as he was setting himself up to break Goldberg's streak, nWo breakups and revivals happen like clockwork, and the AOL/Time Warner merger still results in the cancellation of Nitro/Thunder. Now, if Hogan fucks over Austin and WWF doesn't go through the roof, who ends up buying WCW is in question, but that's several dominos away.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll be watching starrcade '87 chi-town heat sometime this week. The last month and a half of TV shows have really spun their wheels and felt like the Crocketts were desperate to get matches set up.

Sting arriving is interesting. He feels like an ultimate warrior and ric flair mash-up.

Clash of champions 1 is early 1988 and whoo boy are you in for a great Sting match

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Pastamania probably goes international!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm trying to remember but Hogan's '98 was uneventful other than the Goldberg match in the Georgia Dome and the Warrior debacle at Halloween Havoc.

Rodman stuff

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

One PPV he teamed with Rodman to fight DDP and Karl Malone.
The next he teamed with Eric Bischoff to fight DDP and Jay Leno.
He was champion at the time. I think.
Sting coulda been champ but nah.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

One PPV he teamed with Rodman to fight DDP and Karl Malone.
The next he teamed with Eric Bischoff to fight DDP and Jay Leno.
He was champion at the time. I think.
Sting coulda been champ but nah.

this was while goldberg was champion. hogan was still main eventing.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I thought the PPVs after Goldberg won the title were the shittiest Wargames ever, then Hogan v Warrior. Then Hogan hosed off to do whatever again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

I thought the PPVs after Goldberg won the title were the shittiest Wargames ever, then Hogan v Warrior. Then Hogan hosed off to do whatever again.

goldberg was champ from before Bash At The Beach all the way thru Starrcade, usually slumming it on the undercard.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

If we assume that Hogan does the job at Starrcade '97 and then leaves, I still think we get the nWo civil war, black and white vs Wolfpac. There's money in the initial angle, there's money in the breakup, and then there's money in the reconciliation. I'm trying to remember but Hogan's '98 was uneventful other than the Goldberg match in the Georgia Dome and the Warrior debacle at Halloween Havoc.

In the end, Nash still ends up in charge as he was setting himself up to break Goldberg's streak, nWo breakups and revivals happen like clockwork, and the AOL/Time Warner merger still results in the cancellation of Nitro/Thunder. Now, if Hogan fucks over Austin and WWF doesn't go through the roof, who ends up buying WCW is in question, but that's several dominos away.

I yearn to see the alternate universe where Vince falters right before the Attitude Era and WCW buy out WWF.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i forgot that goldberg skipped fall brawl entirely as champion lmao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

D.N. Nation posted:

Rodman stuff

Rodman really fell asleep on the ring apron, huh?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Clash of champions 1 is early 1988 and whoo boy are you in for a great Sting match

I've heard that match is really good. I'm enjoying the UAF/WCW unification. A number of the new wrestlers add some new flavor or gimmicks.

Kevin Sullivan's finisher being jumping on a dudes rib cage is very funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Hootington posted:

Makes sense when you remember who Sting's Tag partner in the UWF was: him and Ultimate Warrior were The Blade Runners. Blade Runner Flash and Blade Runner Rock

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

forkboy84 posted:

Makes sense when you remember who Sting's Tag partner in the UWF was: him and Ultimate Warrior were The Blade Runners. Blade Runner Flash and Blade Runner Rock

They were? I had no idea

Edit: well I'll bring damned.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr Hootington posted: