Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
New deal in the shop. 5 standard packs for $1. Great value, especially if you have some Google play points hanging out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I feel like Odyn is kinda bananas. Not quite busted but it's damned good.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

fanny packrat posted:

New deal in the shop. 5 standard packs for $1. Great value, especially if you have some Google play points hanging out.

Def a solid buy especially for the for next expansion if you can handle not opening packs. I have no impulse control but i'm trying ok?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
warrior cards looking pretty cool to me (the degenerate control warrior lover)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

I feel like Odyn is kinda bananas. Not quite busted but it's damned good.

This is gonna create a very devilish combo that I WILL look forward to being victim to.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Control Warrior finally has a win condition

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
This is what happens when you listen to people whining that there’s no good Shield Slam/Brawl deck in the format.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RatHat posted:

Control Warrior finally has a win condition

Good

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

This is gonna create a very devilish combo that I WILL look forward to being victim to.

Finally,

Dr. Boom's Scheme will be meta :science:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

It's not going to be close to the real degenerate decks wild has but doing a good armorsmith+skipper combo after odyn is going to otk most decks.

Looking forward to Dane's inevitable video

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Does everything from this new set look SUPER overpowered to anyone else besides me?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Not really, IMO there are some outliers but most of the set actually looks kinda weak.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

Not really, IMO there are some outliers but most of the set actually looks kinda weak.

This is my opinion too

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Fair enough, that's why I always netdeck instead of building my own even though I've been playing for years

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff but so much of this expansion is actively slow and midrange-to-control focused that I can see someone just going beneath it with aggro and invalidating half the set.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
warlock and warrior got a ton of anti aggro stuff, so control is gonna be brutal

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The thing about this set is that it seems to have gone out of its way to not give anything to the existing strong archetypes, most of which got, at best, one card. So it’s going to live or die by how well the new archetypes take hold, and that’s always hard to judge until the cards are out in the wild.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Preview of the new rewards track
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23973122/titans-rewards-track-refresh

Ignis is the free legendary, Algalon and Eonar are the free Diamond cards. Warlock gets Sargeras skin(and it looks rad) and the new coins look pretty good too

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The track looks fine and the coin looks pretty.

But godsdamn do I hate how much they lock behind a login prompt where the cookie apparently only lasts 13 minutes.

I don't want to log in to read patch notes and general news, Blizzard.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

that sounds like a problem with your browser or something

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Has the whole set been revealed yet?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yes it has

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
After stalling out in Dad Legend each of the prior two months, this month I decided to buckle down and get to actual Legend. Unlike most months, though, when I play whatever looks cool and gets my quest done quickest, this time I did the whole thing, from Gold to Legend, with a single deck: Relic Demon Hunter. (I used the Vicious Syndicate list, not changing a card.) Last night I told myself I would keep playing until I either hit Legend or lost, and I reeled off five straight to finish the climb. The final boss was anticlimactic, being a Frost DK who made the classic “Horn of Winter is totally the same card as Innervate” error and immediately disconnected.

The Relics are getting to be a year old, and they’ve been very good to me. I really enjoy the play pattern, with big swing turns and comeback wins always possible, and there’s enough variance to keep games interesting without making them feel like a roll of the dice. (I even won multiple games with Going Down Swinging — it turns out that card is very strong against a board full of Shadowed Spirits with reborn.) But the most compelling aspect to me is that the matchup spread is very balanced, with just about every game feeling winnable. I hate it when a deck I like has a matchup that feels just completely hopeless. It crushes conventional control like Blood DK and Control Priest and eats Mages for breakfast (I only lost one game to Mage all month, and it was thanks almost entirely to the most ridiculous Prison of Yogg-Saron ever conceived by man.) The worst matchup by far is Enrage Warrior, and even that’s not completely out of the realm of possibility. (The main issue in the matchup is that Imbued Axe is pretty much completely unbeatable by a deck that is looking to turn around the game with a 2-4 damage AOE.)

When new expansions come out I usually prefer to mess around with new archetypes, but this time around I’m highly tempted to just throw in Jotun, Argus, and Runic Adornment and keep on trucking. The only problem is that I don’t know what to take out. Illidari Studies is the only card that feels at all expendable. Every so often I’ll get it into my head to cut Thalnos or an Enchanter for a style card like Queen Azshara or Sylvanas the Accused, but then I’ll play several games where those additional board control tools are absolutely essential. Hm.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 25, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh Titans cards are already in arena, cool.

Also reminder that theorycrafting streams start tommorow(the 26th) and drops will be enabled for any HS stream

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW

bravesword posted:

After stalling out in Dad Legend each of the prior two months, this month I decided to buckle down and get to actual Legend. Unlike most months, though, when I play whatever looks cool and gets my quest done quickest, this time I did the whole thing, from Gold to Legend, with a single deck: Relic Demon Hunter. (I used the Vicious Syndicate list, not changing a card.)

The Relics are getting to be a year old, and they’ve been very good to me. I really enjoy the play pattern, with big swing turns and comeback wins always possible, and there’s enough variance to keep games interesting without making them feel like a roll of the dice.

Thanks for the reminder about this deck. I burned myself out on Wild this month and was having a rough time finding something fun in Standard. I'm not making legend, but having a great time. The big swing turns is the best. Just had a highlight comeback game against a warlock who ended turn 10 at 27 health with an infantry reanimator, 2 thaddius, a Dar'khan, Rivendare, flesh behemoth and enhanced dreadlord on the board, vs my 13 health, a silvermoon arcanist, and a relic vault. Dude emoted non stop for his and my entire turn, then got REAL quiet...

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Kinda concerned that if they address the Control thing, and Blood & Priest go down the hole, then Jailer Druid is just there, waiting to make the entire meta a miserable chokehold.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just logged in and it told me I had made a web purchase of 2 Titans packs? I don't even think you can do that yet? Weird.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Desert Bus posted:

I just logged in and it told me I had made a web purchase of 2 Titans packs? I don't even think you can do that yet? Weird.

I think that's from picking a titan in the tournament thing.

Also man I usually don't play Arena but tried a run and got the Priest titan. Ended up getting 3 copies of it on the board in my first game, my opponent must have been rightfully very pissed

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

goferchan posted:

I think that's from picking a titan in the tournament thing.

Also man I usually don't play Arena but tried a run and got the Priest titan. Ended up getting 3 copies of it on the board in my first game, my opponent must have been rightfully very pissed

OOOH thanks! forgot I did that.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Twitch drops live.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They really need to remove infinitize the maxitude from arena, it is way too busted. I've literally seen it more often than not when playing against mages because they always discover it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They really need to reduce the discover rate of legendary cards in general

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That $1 for 5 pack deal that was in the store is the best money I ever spent on Hearthstone, got a legendary and a golden legendary in the first pack I opened

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

why did i just fight a blizzard bot all the way up in gold rank :laffo:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Color Printer posted:

why did i just fight a blizzard bot all the way up in gold rank :laffo:

It’s based on internal mmr

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Getting my mech rogue gameplay in early; got an arena draft with 15 mechs including both mimiron AND voltron prime, plus a magatha for good measure

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Getting my mech rogue gameplay in early; got an arena draft with 15 mechs including both mimiron AND voltron prime, plus a magatha for good measure

I'm incredibly jealous of people who get good Arena drafts. I've done four since this patch went through just to try out the new cards, and each and every one of them has felt awful to play. Meanwhile, my opponents apparently got to queue constructed decks by mistake. I had a DK run that seemed pretty good only to run into back-to-back Mages who had the full spell school package, capped off by the seven-mana "summon a million 4/5s" spell.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Fireside Gatherings prerelease pack opening window starting in 30 minutes

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I lost to a Mage in Arena who got Zeph from Synthesize, and it was active even though I'm 90% sure there were Plague duplicates in their deck. Is that intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Maybe they were different plagues.