Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I pronounce it “Marg It”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The award for best visual effects goes to Cillian Murphy's eyes.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

You might just dislike movies.

Nah, I like movies. I dislike movies that try to be up their own rear end, which many of the big name dudes tend to make.

E- I'd rather watch a terrible movie that is openly terrible than watch a movie that tries to be something it's not.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 23, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
he was great on the sopranos

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I love that bringing up any pop culture work, no matter how highly rated by critics an audiences, in any thread, instantly leads to at least one poster ranting about how it's poo poo and they hate it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elviscat posted:

I love that bringing up any pop culture work, no matter how highly rated by critics an audiences, in any thread, instantly leads to at least one poster ranting about how it's poo poo and they hate it.

It's us, were the old people ranting about the drat kids on our lawns

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
list of good, truly 10/10 movies - top secret!

that's it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Elviscat posted:

Lol yeah I’ve learned my aversion to David Lynch is not widely shared but whatever I just don’t seek out his work.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

list of good, truly 10/10 movies - top secret!

that's it

Game Night, which I expected to be a funny popcorn flick, was in fact absolutely hilarious and maybe the best comedy since Tropic Thunder. So I'll put it forward as a perfect movie.

People mentioned it already, but Fury Road is perfect in every way.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol yeah I’ve learned my aversion to David Lynch is not widely shared but whatever I just don’t seek out his work.

My dad took my mom to see Eraserhead on, like, their second date. By her account, he's lucky there was a third. :v:

Arrath fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 23, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I feel that. I can like some of his work (old Dune) but a lot of it just bounces off. It's evident that there's skill and effort there, and I see why people get it, but its just not very entertaining to me at all.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Gentle reminder that this ain’t the movie thread.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/1683213895463215104?s=46

This tweet is full of more lofty corporate bullshit buzzwords than a typical Kamala Harris speech, and Linda Yaccarino doesn’t have the excuse of being Xan’d out and not giving a gently caress about her dead-end job the way Harris does.

FrozenVent posted:

That’s just like, your opinion, man.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I'm just happy that x gon give it to ya again

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/1683213895463215104?s=46

This tweet is full of more lofty corporate bullshit buzzwords than a typical Kamala Harris speech, and Linda Yaccarino doesn’t have the excuse of being Xan’d out and not giving a gently caress about her dead-end job the way Harris does.

That’s just like, your opinion, man.

elon has publicly discussed wanting to create the western equivalent to china’s “everything app”, wechat

i presume it is so he can give the data to china so he can keep building and selling teslas there without instantly getting kneecapped by all the chinese EV companies waiting to steal his IP

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pmchem posted:

elon has publicly discussed wanting to create the western equivalent to china’s “everything app”, wechat

i presume it is so he can give the data to china so he can keep building and selling teslas there without instantly getting kneecapped by all the chinese EV companies waiting to steal his IP

It may not even be that. It's that X is "his idea" and he's going to prove everyone wrong because it's a "good idea" and gently caress you if you think otherwise.

See:

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1683187321078792193

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Is she the one who is contractually barred from talking to advertisers?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

It may not even be that. It's that X is "his idea" and he's going to prove everyone wrong because it's a "good idea" and gently caress you if you think otherwise.

See:

Musk has no original ideas and has no clue how social media works. Its hilarious how unoriginal he is.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

See:

Holy poo poo its a self-own 23 years in the making.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FrozenVent posted:

But we didn't praise Aliens yet

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arrath posted:

waow

His previous personal record was eighteen years in the making.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Platystemon posted:

waow

His previous personal record was eighteen years in the making.

Lol drat

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

No appeal. I think the Director is overrated with a long track record of lovely movies. It's about throughly heinous people who should be impaled of barbed rebar spikes, and has nothing in it that draws me in. The fact that the people involved are still proud of what they did, and it gives those pieces of human garbage more fame and money. DiCaprio appeared less than 1 dimensional in every scene I've caught, and I don't find Margot Robie attractive. The only thing that might have held appeal was Jonah Hill, and he doesn't carry enough cachet for me to waste 2 hours of my life.
If I want to watch vaguely amusing lovely movies filled with rancid assholes, there is always Tarantino.

How attractive do you find the other actors in that movie and how does that affect your opinion of them?

Re: Barbenheimer:

I've had enough of The Movies for a while I think. In the same theater, I think Barbie was a louder movie than the atom bomb one, and I would actually watch Barbie first if I could do it again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
New twitter logo dropped today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ded posted:

I did not nazi see that coming.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ded posted:

At this point I can't even tell if this is a joke

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

facialimpediment posted:

See:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1683250024048652288

LMAO

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

New Zealand Minister of Justice arrested, charged with resisting arrest among other things

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/300934025/kiri-allan-resigns-as-minister-charged-with-reckless-driving-and-resisting-arrest

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, I wanna see the body cam footage.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo, I wanna see the body cam footage.

You've seen it a hundred times before, it's going to be a drunk unwell lady flipping out on the cops after she crashes her car.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

How attractive do you find the other actors in that movie and how does that affect your opinion of them?

Re: Barbenheimer:

I've had enough of The Movies for a while I think. In the same theater, I think Barbie was a louder movie than the atom bomb one, and I would actually watch Barbie first if I could do it again.

I was trying to cut off the most common argument on why I should watch it. Everyone tries to sell it with her and her nudity scene, and yeah, don't care.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That Twitter X logo looks like the X from the PX.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone else noted it looks like the X Window System logo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System?wprov=sfti1

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

facialimpediment posted:

See:

He's a loving moron and he never grew past being 10 years old and thinking that X is totally the most badass name for anything.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Arrath posted:

Elon digging deep into his South African wine cellar for some original Dot-Com vintage stupidity.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So not to interrupt movie and musk chat but did it get posted yet that DeSantis had a campaign video ending with an image of him fading to be replaced by a sonnenrad superimposed on the Florida flag and marching soldiers?

https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1683126430534598656

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

In 2018, Musk and Canadian musician Grimes revealed that they were dating. Grimes gave birth to their son in May 2020. According to Musk and Grimes, his name was "X Æ A-12" (/ɛks æʃ eɪ ˈtwɛlv/); however, the name would have violated California regulations as it contained characters that are not in the modern English alphabet, and was then changed to "X Æ A-Xii". This drew more confusion, as Æ is not a letter in the modern English alphabet. The child was eventually named X AE A-XII Musk, with "X" as a first name, "AE A-XII" as a middle name, and "Musk" as surname

What a goddamn loving loser.

E- DeSantis, too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
if you fucks decide that song is now fascist I swear to god I will lose my poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stultus Maximus posted:

So not to interrupt movie and musk chat but did it get posted yet that DeSantis had a campaign video ending with an image of him fading to be replaced by a sonnenrad superimposed on the Florida flag and marching soldiers?

https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1683126430534598656

That is, uh, not subtle.

It’s been said that everyone on DeSantis’ staff is from 8chan, and I don’t know if that’s supposed to be a joke or if it is the literal truth.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

It’s been said that everyone on DeSantis’ staff is from 8chan, and I don’t know if that’s supposed to be a joke or if it is the literal truth.

It's the truth, that's basically where he pulled his staffers from. His campaign staff and campaign strategy is "donnie didn't go far enough and is a cuck" because Donnie's campaign or the establishment basically wrapped up everyone else. The DeSantis memerators are the ones that were too far-right for even donnie's standards, or nihilists that just do it for the money. Edit: moreso than current donnie staffers of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also his wife, who runs his campaign, is your bog standard facebook gen-x conspiracy theorist. So she believes all this poo poo.