Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ashcans posted:

Dammit, I clicked on that and started re-reading again and then remembered that we haven't seen any of the Pursuers since Rayuba. I hope they resurface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKNZK_GMoY&t=38s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Ashcans posted:

Dammit, I clicked on that and started re-reading again and then remembered that we haven't seen any of the Pursuers since Rayuba. I hope they resurface.

Here's hoping INGSVLD and Hrotomos are okay.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Do you guys think White Chain is fundamentally the same person, dealing with new experiences, or do you think her bodily changes where so significant that she may as well be someone new with her old memories?
Obviously, she considers Allison a close friend, but she's not really comparable to the person she was before the tournament. Then again, that might just have been her mental growth since the battle with Allison.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

nimby posted:

When the 777,777 Gods of the Wheel all faced in different directions, they all saw your momma.

When Pree Aesma saw the universe she realized it was just a donut in yo momma's hand.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you guys think White Chain is fundamentally the same person, dealing with new experiences, or do you think her bodily changes where so significant that she may as well be someone new with her old memories?
Obviously, she considers Allison a close friend, but she's not really comparable to the person she was before the tournament. Then again, that might just have been her mental growth since the battle with Allison.

White Chain has spent the past few years with a key in her head and trying to salvage an entire multiversal empire. I think having a new body didn't change her so much as all that responsibility and pressure did.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

White chain has always been a misfit angel who wants and needs to change far more than angels believe themselves capable of. Her new body is her true self, that's the trans allegory. That's it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
what is Cio a metaphor for

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

I know that the plot is only just getting the gang back together but i miss Cio and I hope they figure out how to get her back soon

same

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

YaketySass posted:

what is Cio a metaphor for

the desire to have a short gay devil girlfriend

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

White Chain has always been White Chain and that stony shell was not her body.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Yeah, White Chain is very literally the same being, she just has a body outside the Void now, which was not previously the case.
This body is an expression of her self-realization, not a transformation from without; any change she’s experienced is the organic kind, of being able to live how she wanted.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Angels have been stagnant beings for giga-aeons and White Chain has now evolved to the next angel form. She's the future of all of them, if they can accept it.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I’m not sure this comic believes in the ‘next evolution’ of things. Others may follow her, but White Chain is no inevitable step on a predetermined path. She’s just striking out into the desert on her own route, and it’s a cool as hell route to blaze.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, Vigilant Gaze seems fine as an ashen construct, for instance. It suits him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

I know that the plot is only just getting the gang back together but i miss Cio and I hope they figure out how to get her back soon

Just have to piece her mask back together, same as the last time she was ripped apart

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just have to piece her mask back together, same as the last time she was ripped apart

Add a dash of being sure you got it exactly, perfectly the same as it was before, a little being too stupid to listen to the universe when it says it's wrong, and bam! Grumpy imp girlfriend.

Probably while roaring drunk, it worked real well last time devil masks were involved.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm thinking while they're on Throne, Allison is going to meet with Himself; I'm sure she had the means to somehow restore Cio and that it just takes a gentle reminder from a flesh-eater for that to happen.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, Vigilant Gaze seems fine as an ashen construct, for instance. It suits him.

I hope he's okay. I liked the old crockery.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Joe Slowboat posted:

I’m not sure this comic believes in the ‘next evolution’ of things. Others may follow her, but White Chain is no inevitable step on a predetermined path. She’s just striking out into the desert on her own route, and it’s a cool as hell route to blaze.

Fun thought: if it was possible for White Chain to become what she is, then what else could angels become?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

and how well did that work last time

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Cut Cio's mask with the Maybe Sword so that she can choose to be alive.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

pretty great, we got Cio.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

Well, I don't think they'll change tomorrow. It's going to take a shitzillion years

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Fun thought: if it was possible for White Chain to become what she is, then what else could angels become?

Much better than expected actually. Given her husband intended her to be just as crooked as she had been, maybe New Cio (TM) will be even better!

Actually I wonder if ironically her husband's view of her was what led to her being so different? Maybe it emphasized a part of her that led her down a different path? I could see Allison just naming her Cio and just being too caught up with rezzing her GF that she'd be even odder compared to the average idea of devils.

Whatever the case the black flame that will flank Allison isn't gonna be boring.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 24, 2023

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

paragon1 posted:

When Pree Aesma saw the universe she realized it was just a donut in yo momma's hand.

Wheel Turning Lord?

More like Wheel Bending Lord.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Only the King standing astride the Wheel itself has ever been afforded a full complete view of Yo Mamma. And he has proclamed with the certainty of Royalty she is fat.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Elissimpark posted:

Wheel Turning Lord?

More like Wheel Bending Lord.
Which one is the Weird Boner Lord?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Do not confuse that one with Weed Boner Lord

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Are there just under 70 Weed Boner Lords, or a few more than 400?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this first one. each has more than 400 bonermen who all carry the weed banner.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SardonicTyrant posted:

Which one is the Weird Boner Lord?

Cryophage posted:

A final, savage blow.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Schwarzwald posted:

Angels are the essence of the white Flame, they can be anything they want to be if they weren't oppressed by their own system. Its a pretty strong allegory.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

Of the angels I feel Juggernaut Star is almost definitely going to continue to be confronted by the possibilities of this change, whether to reject or embrace them

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Only the King standing astride the Wheel itself has ever been afforded a full complete view of Yo Mamma. And he has proclamed with the certainty of Royalty she is fat.

Jadis comprehended the full view of yo momma and was more traumatized than anyone has ever been

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The feared Toe-Smashing Lord, a bane to any god trying to get around our computer desk at night.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this first one. each has more than 400 bonermen who all carry the weed banner.

Lead by 420 Fat Blunts Hotbox the Heavens

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

The Demilich posted:

Your momma, so fat, bearer of the word CHEDDAR and God of the seven layer dip.

Thread title please

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yo Momma is going to have to start working out. Break a sweat or be broken on it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FuturePastNow posted:

Jadis comprehended the full view of yo momma and was more traumatized than anyone has ever been

Yo Momma so vast, the Wheel is but one of several used to bear her girth through existence cause she can't move on her own legs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yo Momma so vast, the Wheel is but one of several used to bear her girth through existence cause she can't move on her own legs.
Haters see a woman riding astride the Wheel like a chariot and say she can't walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

girl dick energy posted:

Haters see a woman riding astride the Wheel like a chariot and say she can't walk

Tbh, my mindset was more galactic-scale rascal scooter.

That just sounds rad as gently caress. :black101: