Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

0 rows returned posted:

send him that gif of all the hillary campaign stops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1683126430534598656

given the ads that have come out of team desantis I'm like 100% sure now that they have /pol/ mods on the media team
ron pumping out the most pro-trump content this cycle

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

comedyblissoption posted:

ron: lol trump loves gays and he put up worse numbers on killed mexicans than obama
libs: lets hope the level-headed compassionate adults in the room select ron

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Vomik posted:

ron: lol trump loves gays and he put up worse numbers on killed mexicans than obama
libs: lets hope the level-headed compassionate adults in the room select ron

Orange Man Bad has an insane hold on people.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

Tell him there were more HRC -> McCain defectors in 08 than Bernie -> Trump in 16 and tell him to look that up himself, it's true and settled for 7 years

Make sure to imply that Hillary voters did so because they are racist

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1683215153288937473

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ron & libs: we gotta get more nazi

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
this is the second time I've seen that name in my life and also the second time I've seen that name in R primary poll results

who the gently caress is Burgum

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

burgum is not a real person

it's an american ideal

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/674770619716775937

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 22:05 on Jul 23, 2023

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

They lead the world in most technologies, has had the most poverty reduction, are beating their climate goals, manufacture a quarter of the world's goods, has a low crime rate, one of the highest home ownership rates in the world, and yea they have beautiful trains.

Of the major powers they're the only one that hasn't had state capacity hollowed out by neoliberalism, they can develop a plan for the future and actually enact it. You can hand the Dems all 3 branches of the government and they'll find an excuse not to do anything. Keir Starmer's Labour is attempting to out Tory the Tories. The Eurotrash parties are all sliding back to fascism. India is governed by Hindutva clowns. Face it, the CPC is the last bastion of civilization in a dying world.

That's about all there is to it.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

they replaced the segment with just a blank slab of classical music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXh1_ubCQAI

Is this what we call "Soviet style censorship"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

My friend is now obsessed with proving Bernie voters cost Hillary the election despite it being laughably wrong.

Any good article I can send him to shut him up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nh2oO93ts

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

My friend is now obsessed with proving Bernie voters cost Hillary the election despite it being laughably wrong.

if the premise is bernie voters cost hillary the election, the rational conclusion electorally is you should be nice to them

even trump understands this simple principle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4Z3F6eR5I

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Brimruk posted:

status quo brain is real and it’s sad

as someone said earlier in the thread, the pandemic was the perfect catalyst for poo poo to change massively on a social level and it just didn’t; we (meaning the states) just continued the same old tribalistic bullshit as always 😔

Oh, it changed massively: it became tribalistic bullshit amped by 10.

Vaccines were good or bad depending on who was president. Masks were good or bad depending on Fauci's mood on a given day. We all had a strong social-safety net, for a treat, till the people who determine those things (almost all millionaires & billionaires) told us we were getting spoiled & needed to harden the gently caress up.

It's only tribalism when it comes to culture wars generated out of political expediency; the rest is based on what the people running the country want to have happen.

Which brings me round to the only suggestion for your problem: I've found that it can be helpful (if only in planting seeds) to point out the dual & rank hypocrisy among the elite, and how they're well-served by the sliced-n-diced pitting among the non-elite.

I also believe (naively, for sure) that our humanity lies in finding commonalities between people rather than differences, which I try to sincerely convey to the smuggers among us.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

loquacius posted:

Tell him there were more HRC -> McCain defectors in 08 than Bernie -> Trump in 16 and tell him to look that up himself, it's true and settled for 7 years

Well that feels wrong to me, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

trump even delivered on killing the tpp, a shared platform with bernie, making good on a campaign promise that perhaps bernie would have faltered on

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

If a kooky old man nobody has ever heard of running against her is all it take for the most famous woman in the country to lose an election, maybe she just sucks

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tell him if she lost because a guy said he didn't give a drat about her e-mails, she deserved to lose because she clearly couldn't deal with a stiff breeze. Also, just bring up Obama was way meaner, so clearly they're anti-Jewish.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Andorra posted:

If a kooky old man nobody has ever heard of running against her is all it take for the most famous woman in the country to lose an election, maybe she just sucks

Well he was able to rile up all those raging misogynists, and all of those dumb broads who only supported him to get attention from boys.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

He got really mad when I told him, and his CPA backed me up, that he couldn't take his Nordstrom suits & his country-club memberships as business deductions. Idiot paid $2k/month for the latter even though he went to each club like once a year.

why didnt he just quit one club and just go to the other one twice a year

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

trump upon winning the gop nomination: wow i hjate all of you who voted for ted cruz. get lost

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

I watched a "the food that built America" docudrama thing on History Channel that had like really cheesy reenactments of the creation of all kinds of food brands, and Milton Hershey was the biggest bitch on it. He didn't even invent milk chocolate, his segment started with him paying scientists to perfect the formula for him. Then he spent all his money on building a social-engineering town for his workers to live in instead of paying them better wages and they went on strike and wrecked it

i loled at the episode about fritos because it offhandedly revealed that fritos were actually invented by a mexican guy who sold out and moved back to mexico because of the great depression

if you dont remember why this would be funny recall that a couple of months ago there was a movie and also an official white house screening about he guy who invented flamin hot cheetos and by invented i mean made up an obviously bullshit story so he could score side gigs on the motivational speaker circuit to talk about how great corporate diversity is since it allows brown people too to have an influence on white culture and make the big bucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol that Trump gains no voteshare in the head-to-head, meaning any non-Trump vote is an anti-Trump vote, but even when anti-Trump Voltron assembles, it eats poo poo by 22 points

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

why didnt he just quit one club and just go to the other one twice a year

bc you never know who you might want to take to lunch to impress, and they were not in the same areas of the city.

also: one had a better golf course

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Welcome to the Lisa Frank navy, sailors

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ron's campaign team legitimately believes trump won through the sheer power of memes alone

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wait, can you deduct club memberships?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:55 on Jul 23, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

no, lol.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yellowcar posted:

ron's campaign team legitimately believes trump won through the sheer power of memes alone

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

its always funny to me that liberals have sort of held up Trotsky in their swivel-eyed anti-Stalin campaign when he was way more chauvinistic and extreme.

Trotsky got an ice pick to the brain via his political opponents. He's the ideal aspirational hero for the democratic party.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
the guy just wanted to axe him a question pick his brain

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

you can deduct whatever you want it's only a problem if you get audited (rich people don't get audited)

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Which brings me round to the only suggestion for your problem: I've found that it can be helpful (if only in planting seeds) to point out the dual & rank hypocrisy among the elite, and how they're well-served by the sliced-n-diced pitting among the non-elite.

I’ve had some luck with this approach with my right-wing dad funnily enough (he’s from the USSR and doesn’t have the best memories so anything too left/populist sets him barking tho)

🎶libs to the left of me, chuds to the rigt

here I am…stuck in the left of center in CSPAM :madmax:🎶

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

looks like Spain's center-right party is going to win the election but their only chance to rule is if they join forces with Spain's far-right party and surely they wouldn't stoop to that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is actually a great question to raise because Hawaii was not yet a state in 1941, and so a huge part of the post-Pearl Harbor PR blitz was convincing the American public that an attack on the Hawaiian islands was an attack on America, despite it being quite literally an imperial colony, at the time.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

In Training posted:

Or the $7 billion the US stole from the Afghanistan central bank after withdrawal to ensure some extra starvation on the way out the door.

The US is also mad about Afghanistan growing wheat instead of opium.

The Taliban’s Successful Opium Ban is Bad for Afghans and the World

"Moreover, replacing poppy with wheat (as has been happening during the current opium ban) is economically unviable for Afghanistan’s rural sector as a whole and especially for households owning limited or no land. Most Afghans don’t achieve food security by growing their own food. Rather, people make ends meet by growing cash crops or producing other agricultural products (e.g., livestock and dairy), which can be sold to provide resources to purchase food needs, or by working other jobs. Wheat is a low-value crop and a poor substitute for opium, though it does serve as a temporary recourse for people who may expect to return to opium poppy later, in particular for landowners whose fields are ample enough to serve their own family’s food needs. Fruits and other tree crops would be more viable substitutes for opium poppy over the long run but require significant time and investments."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Danann posted:

"Moreover, replacing poppy with wheat (as has been happening during the current opium ban) is economically unviable for Afghanistan’s rural sector as a whole and especially for households owning limited or no land. Most Afghans don’t achieve food security by growing their own food. Rather, people make ends meet by growing cash crops or producing other agricultural products (e.g., livestock and dairy), which can be sold to provide resources to purchase food needs, or by working other jobs. Wheat is a low-value crop and a poor substitute for opium, though it does serve as a temporary recourse for people who may expect to return to opium poppy later, in particular for landowners whose fields are ample enough to serve their own family’s food needs. Fruits and other tree crops would be more viable substitutes for opium poppy over the long run but require significant time and investments."
The international response must be clear-eyed about the very real costs the ban imposes both on Afghanistan and the world.🎩🌐

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Danann posted:

It still sometimes takes my breath away how brazen these fuckers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It still sometimes takes my breath away how brazen these fuckers are.

written by the us institute of peace lmao