Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
im watching an old DVD with a collection of jackie chan films on it, and without even talking about the dubs the made for US opening credits music is laughably bad, even for late 90s/early 00s garbage. That Supercop ends with fuckin Kung Fu Fightin' had me laughing so hard it hurt.

Laziest poo poo imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Just what the manga was missing, less detail and anime grunts in response to every line of dialogue.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

As a trauma survivor, Wandavision’s physical release represents one of the most resonant pieces of performance, object, and installation art that I have ever had the pleasure to pay $49.95 for. It is a profound yet quiet meditation on grief that left me shaking and crying all over again.

The premise is quite simple: you have purchased the physical “Steelbook” release of Wandavision, and yet there is no disc inside of the box. There is no card or USB stick inside of the box. You are free to stream the show in its entirety as you please, but there is no special access to the show or to files that you might keep locally within the box.

Instead, there are keepsakes: cards, posters—reminders of Wandavision, of the good times you and Wandavision may have had together. But there is no Wandavision to be found inside of the Steelbook. Only memories. Memories and the reminder that all things are fleeting. That Disney could pull the series from their servers tomorrow if they so wanted.

In this way, Wandavision continues to triumph as an exercise in telling stories—stories about people who grieve, stories about women. Stories that had been all too absent from the world’s filmic library until Wandavision began streaming on Disney+.

-A/V Club, probably

Way too well written for modern day A/V Club. Last time I read something there, the quality of the writing was just barely literate.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
I like Uzumaki but the anime looks like it has the same problem as the manga, way too much loving talking for its own good. Shut up and let the visuals do the talking already.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Ok Comboomer posted:

As a trauma survivor, Wandavision’s physical release represents one of the most resonant pieces of performance, object, and installation art that I have ever had the pleasure to pay $49.95 for. It is a profound yet quiet meditation on grief that left me shaking and crying all over again.

The premise is quite simple: you have purchased the physical “Steelbook” release of Wandavision, and yet there is no disc inside of the box. There is no card or USB stick inside of the box. You are free to stream the show in its entirety as you please, but there is no special access to the show or to files that you might keep locally within the box.

Instead, there are keepsakes: cards, posters—reminders of Wandavision, of the good times you and Wandavision may have had together. But there is no Wandavision to be found inside of the Steelbook. Only memories. Memories and the reminder that all things are fleeting. That Disney could pull the series from their servers tomorrow if they so wanted.

In this way, Wandavision continues to triumph as an exercise in telling stories—stories about people who grieve, stories about women. Stories that had been all too absent from the world’s filmic library until Wandavision began streaming on Disney+.

-A/V Club, probably

LOL

Marvel Capeshit is just too good for us.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shinjobi posted:

im watching an old DVD with a collection of jackie chan films on it, and without even talking about the dubs the made for US opening credits music is laughably bad, even for late 90s/early 00s garbage. That Supercop ends with fuckin Kung Fu Fightin' had me laughing so hard it hurt.

Laziest poo poo imaginable.

Miramax did us a service by widely releasing Jackie Chan movies into American theaters and stuff, but holy moly they just couldn’t loving help themselves and felt like they had to do a bunch of stupid things like that.

Do yourself a favor and buy this
https://a.co/d/f8g5MNm

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
They don't want you to legally own things now.

This does not, however, keep you from owning things.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I'm just gonna stop owning things, cuz gently caress them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'm just gonna stop owning things, cuz gently caress them.

Global Buddhist Shadow Cabal claims another victim

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

KakerMix posted:

drat right

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

that's loving deranged

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Possession is an illusion.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

So apparently NBC-Universal is so loving petty that they cut down all of the trees in front of their studios in LA just to deny shade to the writers and actors picketing on the sidewalk.

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/wga-sag-aftra-labor-complaints-nbcuniversal-strike-tree-trimming-1235673869/amp/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And the city fined them a whopping $250 for the violation.

Tree Law my rear end.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

colonelwest posted:

So apparently NBC-Universal is so loving petty that they cut down all of the trees in front of their studios in LA just to deny shade to the writers and actors picketing on the sidewalk.

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/wga-sag-aftra-labor-complaints-nbcuniversal-strike-tree-trimming-1235673869/amp/

The fine amounts for cutting down trees illegally everywhere are such a loving joke.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3irn5SxXLA

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
finally, some contentment 😌

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The boys have to know about the Bad Ben series, right?

There’s like two a year.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What did the J stand for?

EDIT: Just checked wikipedia, it stands for Julius.

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 24, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arc Hammer posted:

And the city fined them a whopping $250 for the violation.

Tree Law my rear end.

We really gotta fine crimes based on income

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gutcruncher posted:

We really gotta fine crimes based on income

Percentage based fines.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I AM GRANDO posted:

The boys have to know about the Bad Ben series, right?

There’s like two a year.

bad ben is too good for best of the worst

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
time to find out what i thought about oppenheimer

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Way too well written for modern day A/V Club. Last time I read something there, the quality of the writing was just barely literate.

Avclub joined a writer's union and then the suits closed their offices in Chicago to "relocate" them to LA. Most everybody quit and took a union mandated severance so it's literally 100% scabs now and has been for over years.
https://chicagoreader.com/news-politics/news/a-farewell-to-the-a-v-club/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I still check in on the avclub but vulture is the pretty decent entertainment website these days I find.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

oh my god jay is doing edit inserts now

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

the boys gotta buy a flytrap or two for their soundstage

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

super sweet best pal posted:

Gargantua 2
:goonsay:

Speaking of Gargantua 1, I'm just disappointed we didn't learn who actually pulled the lever during movie night. The true identity of Phantom Spaceman is the only unanswered plot hook I cared about.

gently caress me ive been calling that episode "All That And Gargantua 1" for ages. it's All This And Gargantua-2

i thought it was all but said out loud that Vendata did it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lister posted:

Avclub joined a writer's union and then the suits closed their offices in Chicago to "relocate" them to LA. Most everybody quit and took a union mandated severance so it's literally 100% scabs now and has been for over years.
https://chicagoreader.com/news-politics/news/a-farewell-to-the-a-v-club/

Yup, I know. Herb Spahnfeller just ruining the gently caress out of poo poo to make his little dill hard.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I can’t find the VB movie in the Max app. WTF?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Was theonion exempt from that buyout because they still seem to keep the funny going

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sally posted:

gently caress me ive been calling that episode "All That And Gargantua 1" for ages. it's All This And Gargantua-2

i thought it was all but said out loud that Vendata did it.

We saw Vendata confront Jonas up there but we never saw what happened between that and Jonas getting shoved in the problem

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016
Can someone who's watched the video just tell me if Mike says something stupid

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Yeah, but more like drunkenly slurs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

Can someone who's watched the video just tell me if Mike says something stupid

nothing but!!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

the boys gotta buy a flytrap or two for their soundstage

They just need to stop letting Rich sleep there

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

mallratcal posted:

They just need to stop letting Rich sleep there

Yeah but then they’d have to actually pay him. The original deal was that he could crash at the studio if he did odd jobs for them.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

priznat posted:

Was theonion exempt from that buyout because they still seem to keep the funny going

It was not, I don’t know why they’ve managed to survive. I have to assume they must generate enough money to be left alone. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finally, more of my favorite type of content: Mike reading things off a piece of paper.