Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Look at these nerds not ready to draft their cheez-its.

I am already in Two Cheezits fused together tribal though so y’all better not take my picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That mechanic is called Meld

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would buy them if the cheezits were at least dyed the 5 colours. Maybe make a one of one holofoil chase cheezits.

I saw Mario and Luigi Oreos at the grocery store last week and they likewise didn't actually do anything special for the Oreos either. Come on, even burger king dyed their buns red for the spiderverse burger.

Look forward to the box of MtG cheerios where at least colorless Cheerios makes sense.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

we got some art teasers from maro's sdcc panel for unspecified upcoming sets/products and this one is incredible, the card could be bad and it'd still rule

fuckin gilded geese lol

rest of em can be found here

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Wait this is real? Christ people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mix. posted:

we got some art teasers from maro's sdcc panel for unspecified upcoming sets/products and this one is incredible, the card could be bad and it'd still rule

fuckin gilded geese lol

rest of em can be found here
so this is all from the planar barriers weakening from the invasion tree allowing stuff to transfer to other planes more easily, right? old rutstein looks to be decked out in something much less "innistrad", and that hydragoose is absolutely the gilded goose on ikoria

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Maro says that the eight images are from eight different products.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

So, what, 2-3 months of releases?

HEYO GOT EM

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Maro says that the eight images are from eight different products.

one of them has a MEE copyright, so we're getting more fuckin tolkien poo poo

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

wouldnt surprise me if its like lotr jumpstart or something

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Someone said the next Ravnica is detective-story themed, and that dude with the camera is definitely giving hints of that.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I was about to say something about going back to Ravnica again already, but realized that it's been almost 5 years since GRN/RNA holy gently caress

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Silhouette posted:

I was about to say something about going back to Ravnica again already, but realized that it's been almost 5 years since GRN/RNA holy gently caress

Gonna get shocklands again. Which, like, okay. I guess I don't mind. But getting fetches Basically Never kinda sucks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mix. posted:

wouldnt surprise me if its like lotr jumpstart or something

I would be surprised if they did two LotR jumpstarts, my guess is the special edition collector edition boosters not released yet can feature different art than what's in the prior set?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Khanstant posted:

I would be surprised if they did two LotR jumpstarts, my guess is the special edition collector edition boosters not released yet can feature different art than what's in the prior set?

Bruh
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gathering-Lord-Rings-Middle-Earth/dp/B0C5G2G1V6

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Toshimo owns actually (but I disagree with him on the pop culture thing)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I think the mouse one must be in-universe and not Mouse Guard because I didn't see other trademark info on the art, but I would actually be interested in a Mouse Guard UB. It would be the first UB I'd be excited for, in fact.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

They could have released one jumpstart with twice as much variation (still not very much) but instead they did this lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mix. posted:

Oh nice Eldritch Moon but on Eldraine.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jiro posted:

Oh nice Eldritch Moon but on Eldraine.

Rise of the Eldrainezi.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Eldritch Moon kicks rear end and I was really surprised to hear Mark Rosewater say on his podcast that he regrets the direction the block took and that it went too far into cosmic horror. Frankly it didn't go far enough

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

use a deck of cheezits proxies

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Oh my god making a bad product worse... to sell two bad products each less good than it could be.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How does this work, can I say I would be surprised by a new reasonably priced high quality product and one shows up or is it only for cynical poo poo like I don't think they would do a LotR-Transformers Collector's Jumpstart boosters?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

johnny park posted:

Eldritch Moon kicks rear end and I was really surprised to hear Mark Rosewater say on his podcast that he regrets the direction the block took and that it went too far into cosmic horror. Frankly it didn't go far enough

what a loving idiot

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

johnny park posted:

I imagine it's less about the cosmic horror itself, and more that the return to a setting blocks have specific design discussion they've had around how far from the original they should go etc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

rickiep00h posted:

Gonna get shocklands again. Which, like, okay. I guess I don't mind. But getting fetches Basically Never kinda sucks.

I thought they were never printing fetches in standard again because they wanted Pioneer to never have them?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mix. posted:

does this to the thread so we stop aruging in circles

isnt the whole point of the storm forcing a fight to take place in a circle though

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought they were never printing fetches in standard again because they wanted Pioneer to never have them?

By my understanding fetches are actually within the timeframe for pioneer, they're just preemptively banned from the word go, so printing them to standard wouldn't change that.

EDIT: it's the allied fetchlands specifically, which were reprinted in khans of tarkir, the enemy color fetchlands are simply Not Legal but they would presumably preemptively ban them the same way they did the allied fetchlands if they ever DID reprint to standard.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 24, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

No Fetch Land should be banned and they should be loving commons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
all powerful cards should be commons and printed into the loving ground. if you dont want them in game formats then make cooler cards instead of wasting ink and cardboard on junk.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Commons are generally bad for limited formats

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Reprint manabases into the ground, hand out shocklands as free promos to all FNMs, make the most boring part of any deck cost slivers of a penny. if sheoldred wants to be $80 because it's stupidly powerful, well there's not a gently caress lot anyone can do about that, but paying out for manabases never feels good. Yes I know they're a moneymaker but gently caress that I want to play the game in whatever colors I want more than anything

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I imagine it's less about the cosmic horror itself, and more that the return to a setting blocks have specific design discussion they've had around how far from the original they should go etc.

I mean, they went from "World overrun by vampires and werewolves" to "Lovecraftian Cronenburg body horror, with entire towns turning into biological creatures"... back to "world still overrun by vampires and werewolves, no mention of the Cronenburg body horror". The lovecraftian poo poo should have been the capstone for the setting, not the middle bit.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

teferi is 100% real cheese

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Randalor posted:

I mean, they went from "World overrun by vampires and werewolves" to "Lovecraftian Cronenburg body horror, with entire towns turning into biological creatures"... back to "world still overrun by vampires and werewolves, no mention of the Cronenburg body horror". The lovecraftian poo poo should have been the capstone for the setting, not the middle bit.

This is the problem with MOM where we will get a few sets dealing with the phyrexian invasion but for the most planes the best we'll see is a single flavor text saying "Oh yeah, that time a bunch of weird aliens invaded and tried to murder us all sucked, oh well."
Edit: I loved the switch from victorian to Eldritch Horror but I also love Bloodborne so maybe the set was just made for me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Randalor posted:

The issue they run into is people very much liked Innistrad for the vampire/werewolf/gothic horror and the shift to eldritch stuff as hard as it went put them off the setting. It's like the issue between Khans of Tarkir and Dragons of Tarkir but worse.

Basically the eldritch horror changing an already loved setting is the bit they regret, not the actual eldritch horror itself.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In hindsight, they could have had Eldritch Moon happen on Ulgrotha, it had vampires and werewolves too. Plus it would let them go "Remember Homelands? It sucked, right? Want to see it get eaten by Lovecraftian horrors?"

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I don't want fetchlands in Standard because all the shuffling is tedious as hell. If they can find an alternative that doesn't make every match last five additional minutes and that works in paper i'm all ears though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Retcon posted:

I don't want fetchlands in Standard because all the shuffling is tedious as hell. If they can find an alternative that doesn't make every match last five additional minutes and that works in paper i'm all ears though.

Every constructed format is full of shuffling , searching, and other effects that take just a long. Banning fetched based on shuffling doesn't hold water.