Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I want that Worm Hugs sweater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Never has a television show gotten so much mileage out of a monster truck

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

DC Murderverse posted:

Never has a television show gotten so much mileage out of a monster truck

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chicken doo doos gettin all fuckin ground into my seduction dress

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fantastic episode, glad the kidnapping element was wrapped up before the last two episodes and didn’t get dragged out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What happened with the feds raiding them? Surely they would be interested in the current location of the compound.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A+ episode I love how no one knows quiche

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I think it's Heath.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Dead eyed Heath

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol I was wondering why Sturgill was in the first episode for like 2 seconds

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

What happened with the feds raiding them? Surely they would be interested in the current location of the compound.

I imagine they’ll try and retaliate and Peter gets gunned down by the feds and the kids live happily ever after with momma

life of lemons
Sep 7, 2005

I steal stuff all the time.
Spent the second half of the ep just waiting for Quiche to show up and try save them

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't know how this show can be so stupid, so clever, so funny, genuinely touching, and legitimately exciting and tense at the same time. Incredible stuff this season.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

life of lemons posted:

Spent the second half of the ep just waiting for Quiche to show up and try save them

i thought for sure he was going to do something with carpentry to save kelvin

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

As amazing as the Redeemer rescue was in this last episode, I was hoping for a montage of Jesse's crew arming up like Sergeant Angel from Hot Fuzz https://youtu.be/5bukRKiYc08?t=112

..but Jesse's crew instead being like Isaac Hayes shooting his balls off from I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
https://youtu.be/zhe58xORWG0

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Caesar Saladin posted:

I don't know how this show can be so stupid, so clever, so funny, genuinely touching, and legitimately exciting and tense at the same time. Incredible stuff this season.

And also has us rooting for the absolutely worst goddamned people.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought the mom was in on all this though? Wasn't she with her husband when getting all that fertilizer? I guess she hasn't played her cards yet but just found it odd. Great episode though - I thought for sure Keefe was gonna go Rambo 4 and kill everyone.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I'm torn on if she's in on it, or if she wanted the money but didn't want to kill people

I thought for sure she was going to get shot in the back or for one of the people in the car to realize they were bleeding

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We were 100% sure Skyler Gisondo was a goner, but maybe that's too dark for the show.

If mom wanted the money she'd have just told Eli to pay; her whole "don't give in, he's soft" thing doesn't make any sense unless she's playing her own game. Or she earnestly sees the vacuum from Aimee-Leigh's death as an opportunity to reconnect with Eli and save him from himself. I could honestly see it going either way.

Kristen Johnston has been great and I wouldn't mind her sticking around as an abrasive angel on Eli's shoulder for another season.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I love how random the evil plans of the Militia are. They’re adequate at combat tactics and that’s about it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Vintersorg posted:

I thought the mom was in on all this though? Wasn't she with her husband when getting all that fertilizer?

No?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought wrong - just looked it up and it was just the sons and the dad.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(Character risks getting shot at multiple times to save the Gemstones) Hmm wonder what kind of long game she's playing here

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

xbilkis posted:

(Character risks getting shot at multiple times to save the Gemstones) Hmm wonder what kind of long game she's playing here

It was me misremembering something - no need to be an rear end in a top hat.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It was ambiguous before this episode if May-May was in on it, but I don’t think she is now. She is a crazy rear end in a top hat who attacked Aimee-Leigh with a giant wrench, but she’s not that bad. It’s just that Gemstone temper, I guess. And she kind of had a point tbh.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I was a little surprised to find out that she wasn't involved after all--when Gideon saw the phone call I briefly entertained the notion that Peter was going to have May-May shuffle one of the hostages off to a second location so that he could claim to his men (and Eli) that he had "killed" one of them, since he seemed squeamish about killing them but didn't want to show weakness in front of the militia.

wizardofloneliness posted:

It was ambiguous before this episode if May-May was in on it, but I don’t think she is now. She is a crazy rear end in a top hat who attacked Aimee-Leigh with a giant wrench, but she’s not that bad. It’s just that Gemstone temper, I guess. And she kind of had a point tbh.

She really didn't, though. Eli had already agreed to make it square, May-May was the one who insisted that Peter live with the financial fallout of his decisions.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
God drat, monster trucks are cool.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They're horribly flawed and vain and greedy, but they're not the worst. They clearly aren't atheists playing this role just for the cash, they're true believers in their own way. They do look out for family, and just this season Steve Zahn came to Eli looking for help, and Eli just outright offered to bail him out quietly. Buy back his stock and save their house, but his sister was too proud to take it and then he does his bank job as a last resort. It was her pride that ultimately doomed them, not Aimee-Leigh's and Eli's sales pitch. But of course, in the same episode we see the crowd at the church with similar complaints and Eli doesn't offer to bail them out.

Jesse takes all his buddies to a coke orgy, but he didn't cheat on Amber. Judy started this episode in a place of genuine, frantic remorse for her actions. Kelvin ... is unquestionably true to the love of a good man.

The Succession people were the absolute worst, and on a couple of tries I've never made it past the baseball scene in the pilot. I don't want to see those people succeed, and I don't really even want to see them fail. I just don't want to see them at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can the gif making goon make one of baby Billy pushing the stroller into the living room and just letting go of it full speed?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

Can the gif making goon make one of baby Billy pushing the stroller into the living room and just letting go of it full speed?

I had to rewind at that scene

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Problematic Pigeon posted:

I think it's Heath.

As a Heath this representation made me so happy. :swoon:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
So they're absolutely going to attempt to blow up the church with the stolen fertilizer in retribution now, right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

discoukulele posted:

So they're absolutely going to attempt to blow up the church with the stolen fertilizer in retribution now, right?

:agreed:

I almost wonder if they aren't going to succeed. Blowing it all up and rebuilding seems like an interesting way forward given the church's troubles.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/j9xteH4.gifv

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mob posted:

Gideon is both Eli's guardian *and* avenging angel and I love it

This kid doesn't gently caress around

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

I was howling at that in an episode full of very funny lines

e: i love that the writers clearly are just trying to have Walton Goggins say “Uncle Baby Billy Bible Bonkers” as many times as possible in every episode because it’s so good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuuuuuck was Jesse getting shot with a tranq and then slurring through a nonsensical badass speech funny

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

She'll always be Penny to me.

Same.

Also....this entire season has been excellent.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, that was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Mob posted:

Gideon is both Eli's guardian *and* avenging angel and I love it

Such a good character turn from the beginning of the show until now. Entire season has just been sizzling.