Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

poor Daou

succlib for over a decade, finally makes a face turn and starts posting decently, then throws it all away for RFK Jr.

a brain broken one too many times

wait is Peter Daou backing RFK Jr. now? I don't want to poison google search with this plus I'm expecting funny details to be posted in response. TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

all you need to know about X is he's gon' give it to ya

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Peter Daou posted:

I love RFK Jr.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

coconono posted:

I pissed off the Bluesky left because I didn’t ask permission before calling Vaush a huckster rear end in a top hat.

and I’d gladly do it again!

Yo gimme a bluesky invite so I can also cyberbully Vaush

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tirade posted:

Yo gimme a bluesky invite so I can also cyberbully Vaush

When I get another one, I’ll throw it in here. Just setup some kinda alert for when I post the word piggies. Unless someone bribes me, of course.

The app is still really primitive but it’s very true to the old school 00s Twitter experience before Jack figured he could pay his bills onboarding nazis and focusing on conflict driven interactions.

And it’s got the possum account and the bodega cat account. Also sex workers are organizing self supporting communities that have always been the glue for social media.

but it also has the mastodon hypersensitive weirdo cliques that I’m apparently too abrasive for.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

X vs Y, the everything plot

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

what a loser

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

eXXon posted:

X vs Y, the everything plot

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh yeah, if you talk about AI art you’re some kinda rear end in a top hat on Bluesky, too

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

coconono posted:

oh yeah, if you talk about AI art you’re some kinda rear end in a top hat on Bluesky, too

and in real life

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zuck just boosted Jordan peterson on threads, so much for the no politics policy there lol

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
People with severe narcissism and benzo addictions need boosting too

Especially people with narcissism, hoo boy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still feel a little guilty I didn’t punch Jordan Peterson in the teeth when I had the chance. A lot of this stuff could have been avoided. But at the time he was a standard academic sleazebag.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Zuck just boosted Jordan peterson on threads, so much for the no politics policy there lol

no politics means no political stuff. You know like equal rights or economic policy discussion. Racism and antisemitism in general are just free speech!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

wait what the gently caress is x

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CLAM DOWN posted:

wait what the gently caress is x

the unknown variable

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it is x and it is here

https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/1683353772917940225

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

It's honestly kind of visually off-putting. I'm not sure why.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

coconono posted:

I pissed off the Bluesky left because I didn’t ask permission before calling Vaush a huckster rear end in a top hat.

and I’d gladly do it again!

they're loving dorks and it's everyone's duty as soon as they get the bluesky invite to bully them

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

1glitch0 posted:

It's honestly kind of visually off-putting. I'm not sure why.

Because it should have been in Comic Sans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shipon posted:

they're loving dorks and it's everyone's duty as soon as they get the bluesky invite to bully them

I was doing my best to gloss over them because occasionally I’d see some good chatter about how bluesky’s safety stuff needs improvement(it absolutely does) but I gotta pump the brakes when people seriously give Vaush a leftist of any degree.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

https://www.fontspace.com/unicode/char/1D54F-mathematical-double-struck-capital-x

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Bluesky's safety team is fine, they responded to the hard r-in-name incident in reasonable time. The people screaming and screeching just wanted them to hire all their laid off friends for overbloated "trust and safety" teams that wouldn't actually do anything (they sure didn't on twitter pre-musk, either)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also the X logo is straight up the old X11 logo wtf.

[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/X11.svg/275px-X11.svg.png[/img]

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ajtourville/status/1683151957723160576

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This guy, with his promoted tweet, has some ideas…

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shipon posted:

Bluesky's safety team is fine, they responded to the hard r-in-name incident in reasonable time. The people screaming and screeching just wanted them to hire all their laid off friends for overbloated "trust and safety" teams that wouldn't actually do anything (they sure didn't on twitter pre-musk, either)

yeah that part confused me too! Lotta canned soup chefs.

I did feel like bluesky didn’t get ahead of the controversy. Just a quick, “hey we’re aware, we’re working on it, we might not have any updates for a bit” would have settled it down a bit.

but also felt the calls for more community involvement were weird since you could just skeet someone on the bsky team and express your opinion. System working as designed, hate to see it.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

If Elon puts banking in Twitter I'm taking out an infinity loan because nobody works there that can take my money

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Ctrl-f Twitter.com in the source code, replace with x.com, easy peasy

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

coconono posted:

I still feel a little guilty I didn’t punch Jordan Peterson in the teeth when I had the chance. A lot of this stuff could have been avoided. But at the time he was a standard academic sleazebag.

That's ok, the most likely outcome would've been you injuring yourself as well. Possibly getting an infection from his mouth.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

What loving design?! It's the Excel shortcut icon!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Just a Moron posted:

What loving design?! It's the Excel shortcut icon!

very magnanimous of him to give it to Elon for free. I'm sure Elon will return the gesture.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Man, Xerox is gonna be pissed.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I can't wait to when he gets mad that people are still calling them tweets

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Confusedslight posted:

I can't wait to when he gets mad that people are still calling them tweets

checking out who the "logo designer" alex is and he retweeted this lmao

https://twitter.com/AaronGunn/status/1683296256662339584

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ReutersBarria/status/1683371735503212544

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

checking out who the "logo designer" alex is and he retweeted this lmao

https://twitter.com/AaronGunn/status/1683296256662339584

Elon looks so proud and happy to have his mouth duct taped in this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Look at all those poor silenced white men