Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Big Bizness posted:

Just what the manga was missing, less detail and anime grunts in response to every line of dialogue.

It looks a lot better than the FLCL reboot also being produced by Adult Swim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOM0sBPrPO4

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Watching the HitB, haven’t seen Oppenheimer yet, and I’m shocked and angry to hear that Cillian Murphy didn’t hang dong.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 24, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NotPerfect posted:

I see Adult Swim's in a mid-life crisis trying to relive its glory days.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Also Mike bought the Blu-ray for Star Trek Prodigy lol… send him to the nursing home, he’s done.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

colonelwest posted:

Also Mike bought the Blu-ray for Star Trek Prodigy lol… send him to the nursing home, he’s done.

So did I. It’s good!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Weird that the theater projection didn't adjust for the differences between the trailers and movie. Thought a lot of that was automated anyway.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That was very good

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is Prodigy the cartoon where Janeway teaches kids how to warcrime?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

colonelwest posted:

Watching the HitB, haven’t seen Oppenheimer yet, and I’m shocked and angry to hear that Cillian Murphy didn’t hang dong.

I'm more shocked that Cillian is pronounced starting with a "kill" sound not "sill"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Outpost22 posted:

I'm more shocked that Cillian is pronounced starting with a "kill" sound not "sill"

Irish name pronunciations are decided by hearing an englishman take a crack and then doing the opposite

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

super sweet best pal posted:

We saw Vendata confront Jonas up there but we never saw what happened between that and Jonas getting shoved in the problem

Just rewatched the Ep:

When the Monarch attacks the Ventech building, Vendata is talking to Jonas in the digital pool room, saying “I’m telling you, it couldn’t have been me. I’d remember that—“ while Jonas is visibly trying to distract him. Then the Monarch pounces, Vendata leaves the pool room/disconnects from the PROBLEM to look at him, and Jonas physically attacks him.

TLDR: it’s deliberately open-ended and equally suggested IMO that Vendata pulled it, as he initially threatened to do, or that Jonas pulled it, probably assuming he’d be saved, in order to stop Vendata from publicly embarrassing him

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 24, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Is Prodigy the cartoon where Janeway teaches kids how to warcrime?

That’s the one! She’s a hologram and also drinks hologram coffee

And her name is “hologram janeway” and I couldn’t stop laughing when she introduced herself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NotPerfect posted:

:synpa:

what the gently caress

wasn't there aslo a revival season that no one talks about

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
"bring back nudity in movies, drat it!"
- jay bauman

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was there ever really going to be puss in Oppenheimer? Did someone really think that would bring people back to the theater?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Til tom welling and cillian murphy aren't the same person

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mike is realizing the evil nature of capitalism

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

And the city fined them a whopping $250 for the violation.

Tree Law my rear end.

Oh, they'll be facing Tree Law...in TREE JAIL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJxfPkpu_No

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

what the gently caress

wasn't there aslo a revival season that no one talks about

Two actually!

I saw the first one and I didn’t hate it but didn’t give enough of a poo poo to try the third

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Huh I've never heard of this, let's see what Wikipedia has to s-

quote:

Furi Kuri, pronounced in English as Fooly Cooly

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I AM GRANDO posted:

Was there ever really going to be puss in Oppenheimer? Did someone really think that would bring people back to the theater?

Whoa whoa hey hold your horses friendo, let's get some slightly less than the hemispherical horizon of a butthole on the big screen before we just start showing pussy in American cinema.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Overdog posted:

Whoa whoa hey hold your horses friendo, let's get some slightly less than the hemispherical horizon of a butthole on the big screen before we just start showing pussy in American cinema.

Watched Point Break last weekend and there’s some pretty solid butthole in that one

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Pink Flamingos has enough butthole to satisfy your butthole needs for a little while. Do a pink Flamingos Oppenheimer double feature.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Release the butthole cut

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sunk Dunk posted:

time to find out what i thought about oppenheimer

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016

Sunk Dunk posted:

time to find out what i thought about oppenheimer

i loving hate this 'joke' i see it commented all over youtube/patreon on every loving video they post everybody shut the gently caress up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

i loving hate this 'joke' i see it commented all over youtube/patreon on every loving video they post everybody shut the gently caress up

gonna cry?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Outpost22 posted:

What did the J stand for?

EDIT: Just checked wikipedia, it stands for Julius.

Julius Augustus Sherman

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/BillHuntBits/status/1683313339705987072?s=20

you can all stop crying about the box you weren’t going to buy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

Can someone who's watched the video just tell me if Mike says something stupid

Well rich keeps running in delivering pieces of paper and he keeps reading off period slurs for japanese for the entire runtime. All in all, a better than average video

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
can't believe Oppenheimer ended with Oppenheimer running up to the malfunctioning bomb and hitting it with a wrench until it exploded and covered his face in black soot and then he looked directly at the camera and blinked and the blinks were scored with xylophone strikes before an iris zoom out and a Ludwig Goransson arrangement of The Merry-go-Round Broke Down

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Toxic Mental posted:

Mike is realizing the evil nature of capitalism

photoshop mike wearing a ushanka and drinking the crystal skull wodka

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you can all stop crying about the box you weren’t going to buy

quote:

this is not a legit home video release. It may or may not be licensed, but Disney’s home video team is not involved
I could have told you that lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

oh, disney's home video team isn't involved in selling the box with no home video in it? well as long as disney's home video team isn't involved it's fine. I thihght people would be buying it from disney's home video team but now there's nothing insane or ridiculous about this at all

Cubone
May 26, 2011

in all seriousness this does shatter my faith in the integrity of the @discussingfilm twitter account and I vote we ban its tweets from ever being posted itt again

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Everyone in this thread is crying, except me

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I do disagree with the boys about the music in OPPENHEIMER. I feel like Mike maybe didn't like it at all whereas Jay thought it was misused in the first half. It can be jarring, but it works as part of the soundscape.

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016
Movies should be silent

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Reminder that somehow THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER cost more than Barbenheimer combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

hey welcome to the thread!