Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Carthag Tuek posted:

single issue idiocy ftw

democracy, more like idiocracy am i right guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
it's a dumbocracy. not cool enough for idiocracy

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

SplitSoul posted:

Dunno, but he survived and went on to grow a Hitler 'stache and dabble in nazi revival.

Posting Major Pavel Antonik's Ls.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
hey, balkans eu goons, you guys ok? the storm was weaker when it moved on over here, but it was still strong enough to do poo poo like this in my hometown.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

my dad posted:

hey, balkans eu goons, you guys ok? the storm was weaker when it moved on over here, but it was still strong enough to do poo poo like this in my hometown.

Hello friend, some scary moments in Zagreb yesterday. Two people died and there are hundreds of injured. Amazingly, the dude who came crashing with a 40 meter crane survived with just an arm broken. I lost a nice American sweetgum tree in the yard, but we’ll replant. The conspiracists are out in force today too.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

huh, and here i was thinking that the antigravity satelite weirdos were a more local thing here

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it got pretty spicy up here, but not as spicy as last week when krško got them 14cm hailstones

did leave a bunch of towns and villages south of ljubljana without power tho

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Truga posted:

14cm hailstones

gently caress

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

my dad posted:

gently caress

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/record-giant-hail-severe-weather-outbreak-europe-summer-2023-mk/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Hello friend, some scary moments in Zagreb yesterday. Two people died and there are hundreds of injured. Amazingly, the dude who came crashing with a 40 meter crane survived with just an arm broken. I lost a nice American sweetgum tree in the yard, but we’ll replant. The conspiracists are out in force today too.

Check for power outages, might be Jean Jacket on the prowl

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

how did this dumb gently caress get so famous anyway, he's got maybe three good songs

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Doktor Avalanche posted:

how did this dumb gently caress get so famous anyway, he's got maybe three good songs

The nineties were a weird time. He is also an amazing entertainer. I am a dude who’s really into indie and obscure noise bands, but his concerts have always been a blast because he is just so much fun and a very technically competent musician.

edit: he also ran a guy over with his car a few years ago. got acquitted because the guy was found to have been sleeping off a bender in the middle of the road.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao there's literally literally nothing that makes Nazis mad more than pointing out the factual fact that they are Russian agents.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Doktor Avalanche posted:

Holy mandela effect, i was like 100% he was dead. Must have been thinking of someone else.

A mulberry tree split in half outside my place the other day.

Also a harbor containter crane got tipped over by the wind.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Germany’s Far-Right Climbs to Record Support as Scholz Struggles

The AfD has climbed to second place in the polls with 22%. National elections aren't until 2025, but I believe this is the highest the party has polled.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Germany’s Far-Right Climbs to Record Support as Scholz Struggles

The AfD has climbed to second place in the polls with 22%. National elections aren't until 2025, but I believe this is the highest the party has polled.

oh no i am very surprised!!

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-center-right-leader-friedrich-merz-suggest-cooperation-with-far-right-afd-municipal-level/

quote:

German center-right leader mulls cooperation with far right at municipal level
CDU’s Friedrich Merz draws immediate criticism, including from his own party, for suggesting potentially ground-breaking shift.

The leader of Germany’s center-right opposition, Friedrich Merz, said on Sunday that his party may look to work together with the far right at the municipal level — indicating a potentially ground-breaking shift in German politics that immediately attracted sharp criticism.

Germany’s established parties have long rejected any cooperation with the far-right, anti-migration and climate change-denying Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), which was founded 10 years ago and has in recent months risen to the second position in national polls.

But Merz told public broadcaster ZDF in an interview Sunday evening that his Christian Democratic Union (CDU) may abandon this position, although he argued that this shift only applied at the local level.

“Local politics is different from state and federal politics,” Merz said in reaction to recent triumphs of the AfD at the local level in eastern Germany, such as in Sonneberg in Thuringia, where the AfD last month for the first time won a district council election.

Earlier this month, the AfD also for the first time won a mayoral election in Raguhn-Jeßnitz, in the eastern German state of Saxony-Anhalt.

“Of course, that’s a democratic election. We have to accept that,” Merz said. “And of course we have to look for ways in the regional parliaments how we shape the city, the county, the regional district.”

Merz added, however, that he still rules out any cooperation of his CDU with the far-right AfD at regional state politics, at the federal level or in the European Parliament.

“There will be no participation of the AfD in a government,” Merz said.

Nevertheless, his argument of having to respect democratic decisions opens a backdoor to cooperation with the far right at other political levels as well — for example if the AfD gathered sufficient votes in upcoming state elections in eastern Germany next year.

Merz’s comments immediately sparked controversy as they indicate a substantial softening of his party’s long-proclaimed “firewall” against any cooperation with the far right. The CDU had repeatedly argued in party guidelines that “there will be no cooperation with the AfD — neither in direct nor in indirect form.”

The CDU premier of the regional Berlin state, Kai Wegner, took to Twitter to seemingly distance himself from his party leader’s remarks. “The AfD knows only opposition and division. Where is there supposed to be COOPERATION? The CDU cannot, doesn’t want to, and will not cooperate with a party whose business model is hate, division and exclusion,” Wegner wrote.

Green lawmaker Sara Nanni called Merz the “wrecking ball of democracy.”

Merz’s comments may further undermine his already lackluster standing as party leader and his ability to become the CDU’s lead candidate in Germany’s next general election in 2025.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

so euro politics update as far as I know:
Spain: far right victory
Italy: fascist in power
France: they can't keep out le pen forever
Belgium: Flemish far right party eyeing reaching 50% of the Flemish vote along with the slightly less far right party
Netherlands: government gone, pseudo-fascist farmer party expected to surge
Finland: far right in power
Hungary: far right in power
Germany: fascists surging
Poland: far right in power
Ukraine: ...
Denmark: social democrats turning fascist

don't know the rest of them. but it's not looking good, is it?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

as a chud, I think it looks good. problem?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

R. Mute posted:

looks like far right got loving massacred and lost nearly half their seats.

gonna end up with some sort of lib centrist coalition by the looks of it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
so in other words the far right won?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

R. Mute posted:

Italy: fascist in power
France: they can't keep out le pen forever
Belgium: Flemish far right party eyeing reaching 50% of the Flemish vote along with the slightly less far right party
Netherlands: government gone, pseudo-fascist farmer party expected to surge
Finland: far right in power
Hungary: far right in power
Germany: fascists surging
Poland: far right in power
Ukraine: ...
Denmark: social democrats turning fascist

don't know the rest of them. but it's not looking good, is it?

europe: the fail continent

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

R. Mute posted:

Comrade Koba posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Oh europe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah Spain's left government still fell but they got beat bad in local elections a couple months ago so they did comparatively well. the right can't form a majority and Barcelona nationalists are the potential kingmakers

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

crepeface posted:

europe: the fail continent

it sucks so much lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Zodium posted:

as a chud, I think it looks good. problem?

yeah, I'm a chud and it looks like stinking euros to me

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka posted:

yeah, I'm a chud and it looks like stinking euros to me

you love europe

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

pretty much every country is right-wing with some neo nazi party in coalition or a nazi party leading

spain supposedly may have another election because it looks like nobody can really get a coalition

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Comrade Koba posted:

gonna end up with some sort of lib centrist coalition by the looks of it.
hah, i read a bunch of Very Concerned articles and just assumed the worst was going to happen. figured the PP-Vox coalition was a shoo-in. seven seats short.

vote!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish government will take legal steps to prevent Qur'an burnings in front of embassies (five burned yesterday, seven scheduled for today). The right is losing their loving minds over it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_lildubois/status/1045907408474664961

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I mean, there is a fine line between freedom of speech and trying to start a race war

Weka
May 5, 2019

Zodium posted:

you love europe

I try and love everyone. You didn't choose to be a type of dog.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SplitSoul posted:

Danish government will take legal steps to prevent Qur'an burnings in front of embassies (five burned yesterday, seven scheduled for today). The right is losing their loving minds over it.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
leaving sweden in the dust

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka posted:

I try and love everyone. You didn't choose to be a type of dog.

you think all europeans are good boys

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zodium posted:

army colonel taking a helicopter out to facetoucher cats lakeside cabin to bring her back for one last job

Weka
May 5, 2019

If you burn it, how can the state prove it was a Quran?

Zodium posted:

nonsense, some are good girls.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how is portugal doing these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

how is portugal doing these days