Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Vic posted:

Well you want the ancestral gear which won't drop in WT3, especially the weapons for DPS. You should be getting some powerful paragon nodes right about now too.

But yeah WT4 is when the build variety shrinks and you gotta slot the good skills for whatever you're doing, and add a reliable source of Barrier, Fortify, and Unstoppable to escape CC. This is when my casual friends stopped playing even before the 1.1 patch.

E: Also worth noting the renown gated paragon point bonuses are really good so you can focus those.

Yea I managed some high 700 weapons so dps should be fine. I did all this pre season I just don't remember the weird lull. I'm guessing this is where the DR nerf is starting to matter. What with a 11 level difference in wt4 helltides.

Builds the most cookie cutter twisted blades so that's not an issue. Renown grind is a good shout though.

Actually now's probably the best time to save gear for alts if I'm stuck in wt3 for 5 levels. Completely forgot that's possible now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Managed the wt4 capstone dungeon at 64, but now I'm in a weird limbo state where wt4 takes forever to kill stuff, and one shots become too regular. I managed to get some ancestral weapons from clinging to a helltide group at least.

Honestly feels like just going back and grinding in wt3 NM would be alot faster than tickling normal mobs for whisper tokens. Anyone jumped in and stuck around or is this the play?

go do helltide in wt3 and swap to wt4 to open your chests

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The dumb thing is the streamers and reddit obsessors who spent days whipping up a mob with pitchforks in the pursuit of content, will end up just depriving themselves of content as future patches and games will drop the personal interfacing and just communicate in a one way broadcast method. Who is going to sign on for that gig.

Bet the next patch is communicated by the ghost of Cain or something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

The dumb thing is the streamers and reddit obsessors who spent days whipping up a mob with pitchforks in the pursuit of content, will end up just depriving themselves of content as future patches and games will drop the personal interfacing and just communicate in a one way broadcast method. Who is going to sign on for that gig.

The same exact thing happened in POE a year ago or so

It’s a lot of the same people so I guess that makes sense

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I have been having a great deal of fun slaying demons in the first season of the fourth game in the critically acclaimed Diablo series :)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

VOTE1 posted:

I am thinking since the scale of the industry is in the billions, they probably have PR teams who anticipate this backlash and plan for it. Like, the devs in the campfire chat are properly media trained and instructed to look defeated and apologetic in this video

In any case it was somewhat pathetic, so props to them if pathetic was what they were going for

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i managed to get the corpse splodey heart and im not even sure its best in slot for my build but i dont care it owms

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Is the corpse poppin heart even that good? Don’t you want to save your corpses on bosses especially? I dunno I think it’s a cute little gimmick but it quickly seems bad unless I’m missing an interaction with it.

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
I have a fun rogue build I made myself though it needs homework to switch to as with any op build.

1. Skills are frost imbue/shadow imbue/ poison trap/flurry/puncture/shadow step.

2. Filled out frostfeeder glyph is night and day for bossing as first glyph

3. Max Poison imbue instead of shadow or frost. Yeah yeah we forgot to put it on our bar. No issue. There's an aspect that poison imbues every three hits of puncture and poison imbue has the best enhancer skills. Also key is the aspect that heals you for 200hp per second for each stack of your key passive since we need to survive melee and can't spare points for the lucky hit heal. Cap it off with some attack speed aspects and you'll be triple imbuing everything in no time.

4. There's a heart that summons a guy. It's real good. There's an aspect that gives you charges.of dark embrace when you lucky hit. That defensive skill with the too long cooldown. My build puts a lot of points in stuff that never gets slotted. It loving owns.

Edit: and if you are lucky or persistent theres a wrathful heart with up to 15% chance to spit imbues on attack. I cleared wt2 cap at 40 wt3 cap at 58 with two low 50s dead weight rogues for company. That heart is absurd. Been spamming NM 26s since level 60 when they were twenty levels higher than me but still no super uniques for all my push push pushing.

Oh and put three points in shadows stun passive. It's off the hook.

Edit edit: it would be thoughtful to mention the build doesn't daze without mangler aspect. If you don't daze you can't put rakes in front of the entire pack every two second with your passives.

Crosswell fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jul 24, 2023

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Rexicon1 posted:

Is the corpse poppin heart even that good? Don’t you want to save your corpses on bosses especially? I dunno I think it’s a cute little gimmick but it quickly seems bad unless I’m missing an interaction with it.

It's really fun and chaotic. I don't think corpse tendrils uses the corpses up so you can proc that and still pop em. It's easy to generate a ton of extra corpses anyway with the right abilities. I've yet to run out of corpses by using it. I don't know how the actual damage numbers shake out but if you throw your calculator in the garbage and enjoy the chaos of a ton of tendrils shoving demons around the play area non stop you will have actual fun in this video game.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Tonetta posted:

go do helltide in wt3 and swap to wt4 to open your chests

IIRC they fixed that in a recent patch

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

The Grumbles posted:

It's really fun and chaotic. I don't think corpse tendrils uses the corpses up so you can proc that and still pop em. It's easy to generate a ton of extra corpses anyway with the right abilities. I've yet to run out of corpses by using it. I don't know how the actual damage numbers shake out but if you throw your calculator in the garbage and enjoy the chaos of a ton of tendrils shoving demons around the play area non stop you will have actual fun in this video game.

I think I get trapped by the viability brain worm too often. You’re probably right.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Rexicon1 posted:

It's extremely good and convenient for leveling.

It also cheeses tendrils into having less than half the cool down. There's an aspect for up to 20%+ crit chance (40%+ on a 2h) and 40%X (80%X) crit damage after using tendrils that it makes permanent. Bone necros love crits more than anything.

If you can't leverage the tendrils bit I think it's just for leveling and even if you can there may be better options but yeah it's good even without slotting CE.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

coelomate posted:

They did not. It still works, at least as of yesterday.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
okay, i just hit level early 50s and i'm reminded of how much i hated nightmare dungeons on my first character.

i can't even fully put my finger on why, it's some combo of annoying objectives requiring backtracking and checking your map along with the tiny bit of randomization. the busywork of creating and managing your nightmare sigils and the bugged ending thing to level paragon glyph doesn't help either.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

It also cheeses tendrils into having less than half the cool down. There's an aspect for up to 20%+ crit chance (40%+ on a 2h) and 40%X (80%X) crit damage after using tendrils that it makes permanent. Bone necros love crits more than anything.

If you can't leverage the tendrils bit I think it's just for leveling and even if you can there may be better options but yeah it's good even without slotting CE.

It lets you do 2 skills at the same time, constantly, and I'm impressed more people don't use it for that reason alone.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

crepeface posted:

okay, i just hit level early 50s and i'm reminded of how much i hated nightmare dungeons on my first character.

i can't even fully put my finger on why, it's some combo of annoying objectives requiring backtracking and checking your map along with the tiny bit of randomization. the busywork of creating and managing your nightmare sigils and the bugged ending thing to level paragon glyph doesn't help either.

Hopefully this density adjustment is significant

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

coelomate posted:

they did not

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm having issues with screen tearing in this game, and not any other. It runs at a perfect 120fps except for the sync issues.

i7-12700k
rtx 4080
64gb ram
Win10
4k gsync monitor

Geforce experience says I can handle every graphics options on ultra, including frame generation. The perfect performance is otherwise screwed up by the screen tearing. I've tried doing what most of the internet suggests, which is setting gsync to work in fullscreen and windowed, and everything this screenshot says: https://imgur.com/a/514lS6V. I set my max frame rate for D4 at 117. Vsync is off in-game, its greyed out anyways. Does anyone know what else I can try doing? Gsync is claiming to be working, theres a little icon on the top right you can enable if you want to be sure.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

when is it tearing? I went through this & it ended up just being a frame limiter option for when the game is in the "background"

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Tonetta posted:

when is it tearing? I went through this & it ended up just being a frame limiter option for when the game is in the "background"

All the time. Moving around in game and the various menus.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Node posted:

Have you turned on your monitor?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mr. Pickles posted:

I attempted to watch the post patch "campfire chat" and couldnt last 5 minutes into it. Just look at these devs they are completely and utterly broken by the backlash of the playerbase. They are just sitting there crying its just amazing how pathetic it is. It takes away from my enjoyment of the game knowing that the people who make it are just unhappy broken and defeated individuals.

What the hell. They made a patch where malignant hearts are OP and everything is essentially fine, game is fine but there's an army of influencer streamers whoring for views causing all this and now the people breaking their backs to make the game better look like they are dead inside. Holy gently caress this sucks

Btw fix resistances

also yeah the "activate battlepass" button is predatory as gently caress

This is what happens when people react to patches they don't like in a similar way they would if they saw someone start wailing on their car with a baseball bat while covered in poo poo yet having their behavior condoned by hordes of other people doing the same poo poo. The internet has uniformly broken countless people's sense of proportionality while basically habitualizing them into insane, unironic aggressive behavior because there is no real consequence or punishment for just unloading vitriolic poo poo onto people for the most pointless crap on earth.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing studies in a few years that show videogames DO make you more aggressive, not because of violent content, but because raging and verbally harassing people is considered normal online and a good amount of people cannot separate their online behavior from how they behave in real life, hence why there seems to be an upward trajectory of people just having public tantrums because a store had a sign promoting LGBTQ barbecue implements or some other vacuous bullshit. They're mad online all the time, so of course they're going to be mad in real life all the time. You can't just switch that poo poo off.

I guess people act the same way about sports games, but now you can have that kind of frustration drip-fed to you 24/7 from the comfort of your own home where there's no one to tell you that you're a lunatic for screaming at a fourteen year old on a videogame or going on Twitter to write 250 characters of cuss words to a game developer because there was a 10% reduction on how often your dog farts ingame. This is guaranteed to have consequences when it comes to people's general behavior, no one goes home and then spends hours being enraged online and somehow has the rest of their life spared from that.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 24, 2023

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

great big cardboard tube posted:

Yeah, this part is amazing. I found the unique chest that fires off an extra bone spirit when you pick up enough blood orbs, so I pieced together an infinimist/bone spirit build to try and take advantage of it. The tendrils passive that produces blood orbs + the heart that auto casts tendrils = lots and lots of blood orbs, which in turn means lots more bone spirit casts.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Node posted:

Change the fullscreen mode.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I guess people act the same way about sports games, but now you can have that kind of frustration drip-fed to you 24/7 from the comfort of your own home where there's no one to tell you that you're a lunatic for screaming at a fourteen year old on a videogame or going on Twitter to write 250 characters of cuss words to a game developer because there was a 10% reduction on how often your dog farts ingame. This is guaranteed to have consequences when it comes to people's general behavior, no one goes home and then spends hours being enraged online and somehow has the rest of their life spared from that.

Yeah, this is (or is going to be) a social issue inevitably, as it is clearly blowing up on a global scale

Thing is, when you have the fastest selling franchise of all time, you get to see this dialed up to 11/10 with Diablo

I just can't help but feel awkward for all these influencers herding millions of vitriolic cyber nerds to literally harass the devs and force changes into games that I like. gently caress the streamers and gently caress the youtubers, I am completely eschewing their content from now on.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reddit is a big problem as the way anger posts are upvoted.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Companies like Blizzard made streamers what they are

It's a real Frankenstein the Monster type of situation

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

euphronius posted:

Reddit is a big problem as the way anger posts are upvoted.

Yeah the Diablo 4 subreddit is intolerable, I unsubbed right after S1 released

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my camera froze in place on a merchant, so my character just casually walked off screen lmao

and all videogame subreddits are like that

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
game subreddits become bad if the game is sufficiently popular and the devs appear to be paying attention

otherwise they can be pretty good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should probably go back to putting news in their webpage and releasing stuff when it’s ready

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tiny Timbs posted:

Companies like Blizzard made streamers what they are

It's a real Frankenstein the Monster type of situation

One of the most sobering jobs I ever did was social media management for three years because you could see the nuts and bolts of what drives engagement and which trends are consistent across nearly a decade, and how much the line between social media inducing new bad habits, and how much social media is just reflecting the existent worst impulses of people, blends. Everything is a feedback loop. People manipulate social media while social media manipulates them, and even pre-internet it's always been obvious that the thing that glues people the most to their TV was scandal, bad news, and drama. People like to blame the media for this, but it's not really the media so much as there being a kernel of strife within all of us that draws us to unsavory poo poo because of the spice of it, and the more vitriolic you are about slamming "acceptable" targets, the more people will be amused and entertained by you.

You can see this with the view counts of the videos moaning about the patches. People love to commiserate and they love to harass and scream at people without consequences, it's just bullying tendencies writ large. So when people are writing those insanely angry screeds on the Blizzard forums, they're both doing it because they lack self control and because they want the validation of people engaging with their angry content, which life has proven is an easy way to garner engagement.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

my camera froze in place on a merchant, so my character just casually walked off screen lmao

and all videogame subreddits are like that

Lmao this happened to me yesterday.

A quick teleport fixed it but it was a wtf moment for a second.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Why is everyone playing a druid btw? Necros are OP I get it, but wth I never expected to see so many Druids in the season.

Druids are by far the most people I ever see ingame
Its like most people play Druid or Necro, and there's the occasional Barb Sorc or Rogue going about

Least of all there seem to be the Rogues, and I don't get why. Rogue loving owns !

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Mr. Pickles posted:

Why is everyone playing a druid btw? Necros are OP I get it, but wth I never expected to see so many Druids in the season.

Its like most people play Druid or Necro, and there's the occasional Barb Sorc or Rogue going about

Least of all there seem to be the Rogues, and I don't get why. Rogue loving owns !

I feel like most folks went Sorc/Rogue on their first character, so Necro/Druid makes sense as their first seasonal character.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Pickles posted:

Because everyone expected the druid to be the most OP.

None of the class pre season guides I watched had necro anywhere near the top lol.

I would have rolled a necro but I just played one pre season so I wanted to try something new.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Because everyone expected the druid to be the most OP.

None of the class pre season guides I watched had necro anywhere near the top lol.

I would have rolled a necro but I just played one pre season so I wanted to try something new.

Maybe for the endgame they are not, but Necro definately has that cooldown reduction heart which makes it super fun now

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I played Druid to like level 21 and wasn't feeling the hearts. Necro is a lot more fun in that regard. Evidently the hearts get more fun for druid in wt3/4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

they are still kind of tanky and have a number of valid builds, also is anyone else still getting big lag spikes and rubberbanding? i dont think anything has changed on my end so i'm like 90% certain its still a blizzard problem. i dont play as much as i used to due to remnant 2 just coming out but i like to switch up games frequently, but i get so bad lag when switching areas and just randomly popping up mid-dungeon. i contemplated sorc initially to actually try an ice build as opposed to the stun/lightning one i did preseason but i dont want to play an even squishier character