Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

Movies should be silent

U first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://twitter.com/BillHuntBits/status/1683313339705987072?s=20

you can all stop crying about the box you weren’t going to buy

Lol musk killed the bird logo but only on the homepage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Elon musk is going to kill twitter and you ingrates haven't the decency to thank him for it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Going to?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Elon musk is going to kill twitter and you ingrates haven't the decency to thank him for it

the only good thing he’s ever done

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Don’t worry, if you want your faith in humanity pummeled into the ground, there’s still TikTok.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 24, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Got his dumbass

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

in all seriousness... I vote we ban... tweets from ever being posted itt again

:agreed:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I would very much like to see elon musk or david zazlov become ceo of disney

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh nooooo Jay says Oppenheimer weird and is probably gonna say it a bunch more.

Is that how they say it in the movie? Is that the right way?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Open Heimer

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

Oh nooooo Jay says Oppenheimer weird and is probably gonna say it a bunch more.

No, they pronounce it the non-Midwesterner way in the movie.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ope ope ope ope oppenheimer style

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

PostNouveau posted:

I dont think so. That seems to be the american way of saying it. Keep seeing them calling it open heimer.

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 24, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Mike reiterating his refusal to watch the good Trek Wars shows

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

He's been burned too many times. I get it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

PostNouveau posted:

the good Trek Wars shows

:dafuq:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Eh, even TNG had some huge turds

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://twitter.com/BillHuntBits/status/1683313339705987072?s=20

you can all stop crying about the box you weren’t going to buy

we’re all crying and shaking (lol stfu)

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016

Sally posted:

hey welcome to the thread!

thanks glad to be here

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

i loving hate this 'joke' i see it commented all over youtube/patreon on every loving video they post everybody shut the gently caress up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

I would very much like to see elon musk or david zazlov become ceo of disney

Musk would recast himself as iron man and just destroy the mcu once and for all so I am for it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

priznat posted:

Musk would recast himself as iron man and just destroy the mcu once and for all so I am for it

musk would call meetings and pull contract poo poo just to be able to “hang out” with RDjr

he’d force him to come in and then just show him Monty Python videos for an hour

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

It would be very funny for Saudi Arabia to by disney.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd love to see the reactions to that from the culture war assholes on YouTube.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

Ben Shapiro would embrace Salafism so fast

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

curious if Oppenheimer will be profitable

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

You'd think they'd be outraged, but there would probably be a lot of "at least they don't care about being woke."

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

curious if Oppenheimer will be profitable

It made $80 million domestic on its opening weekend, off a budget reported to be $100 million. The general rule-of-thumb is that when box office hits double the budget, the movie is in the green. (For the studio, at least. They'll always find a way to keep the net from never actually being in the green.) There are nuances with whatever marketing money spent but not counted in the budget, and money made from international box office (of which the studio gets a much smaller percentage).

But yeah, unless Oppenheimer somehow has the greatest week-to-week box office drop in the history of cinema, it will be profitable.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems like a risk, week one audiences might not have known that the dong was cut but heading into week two it's becoming common knowledge

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

It seems like a risk, week one audiences might not have known that the dong was cut but heading into week two it's becoming common knowledge

Is circumcision that big a deal breaker?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

we’re all crying and shaking (lol stfu)

:(

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Is circumcision that big a deal breaker?

You know, now that I think about it, that may be why we never get a direct view of Cillian's Murphy. They make a point of reminding the audience that Oppenheimer was Jewish and how he was motivated to be part of the Manhattan project in part by his knowledge of what the nazis were doing to Jewish people. So it was probably better to have the actor cross his legs and hide things from view rather than make a bunch of people wonder why Oppenheimer never had a bris.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

You know, now that I think about it, that may be why we never get a direct view of Cillian's Murphy. They make a point of reminding the audience that Oppenheimer was Jewish and how he was motivated to be part of the Manhattan project in part by his knowledge of what the nazis were doing to Jewish people. So it was probably better to have the actor cross his legs and hide things from view rather than make a bunch of people wonder why Oppenheimer never had a bris.

or they’d just use a prosthetic like 99% of productions

oh you’re sad? maybe you should watch wandavision, I hear it’s good for that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t watch bullshit

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Keep trying to find other movie reviewers on YT and a not-insignificant amount of them feel compelled to have at least one section where they like rate the wokenesss level of the movie and I just have to throw the whole fuckin channel in the garbage

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ok Comboomer posted:

or they’d just use a prosthetic like 99% of productions

Nolan wouldn't use CGI for a nuke, you think he's gonna mar the authenticity of the nudity in his films with a prosthetic?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
now I’m picturing a VFX house putting in three 90-hour weeks at the last minute to do a Henry Cavill mustache job on Cillian Murphy’s dong before Chris Nolan just decides to can all of those shots

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Keep trying to find other movie reviewers on YT and a not-insignificant amount of them feel compelled to have at least one section where they like rate the wokenesss level of the movie and I just have to throw the whole fuckin channel in the garbage

That's the right call, whenever someone is compelled to comment on the wokeness you can immediately disregard anything else they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

priznat posted:

That's the right call, whenever someone is compelled to comment on the wokeness you can immediately disregard anything else they say

does commenting on weirdos being weird count? because then our boys just did that too