Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If Tua doesn't get hurt they could go far, but he's going to get hit and I don't see judo or anything else he's doing being able to prevent injury in any sort of long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This season will probably be some dumb poo poo where Eichenberg trips over his own feet allowing a free rusher, Tua scrambles and gets suplexed from behind and his head bounces off the turf, and then we’ll fart around with our backups and lose in the WC round to the Jags with Mike White as the starting QB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just don’t understand how we still didn’t prioritize OL above absolutely everything. Maybe it’s a difference in product available but it sure feels repetitive

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Thread's pretty fatalist this year aside from the Jets fans.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

There's still time for us, don't worry

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'll get to doom posting when the games start.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Happy that Rodgers actually showed to camp and everything. Beyond that I don't give a poo poo beyond preseason.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

I was 15 the last time my team won a playoff game.

I’m turning 38 in a couple of months.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I know that any season with an elite QB in his prime is a blessing.

That said, last year this Bills team looked very obviously worse than the Bengals and the Chiefs and this is the first time since Allen's rookie year that I haven't gone into the year thinking the roster is improved. Hyde, Poyer, and especially Miller are old as hell and coming back from injuries, Edmunds is gone, Gabe Davis and Spencer Brown are both somehow undisputed starters, and Diggs is probably two losses away from pulling a Vontae.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A broken Micah Hyde is worlds better than bum rear end jaquan Johnson

They shouldn’t be considered the favorites obviously but they’re good enough to be the team that hits the hot streak

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Worse than the Chiefs and the Bengals by the end of the season, but let's not forgot they were better than the Chiefs week 6.

A bunch of players back from injury, a bunch of interesting additions even if none are as big as the VM move, not having a Frazier called defence that can wilt in the playoffs, Dorsey not being a rookie playcaller, Saffold not being on the OL. They should at least be competitive. If they can make it to the playoffs without such a heavy injury toll to key players then anything should be possible.

Plus I do think being the underdog suits the team better than being SB favourite.

But aging key players and alack of a Diggs succession plan do concern me long term.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I long for the undefeated talk of last offseason.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I was 15 the last time my team won a playoff game.

I’m turning 38 in a couple of months.

Hello fellow geriatric.

I'm with everyone else, this team needed a better backup than Mike White and another borderline starter tackle. I know we obsessed over Shell and Fleming, but they were perfect and signed for cheap too.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

after what we saw from a "top-tier backup QB talent" last year I don't blame them for acknowledging the entire operation falls apart once tua gets knocked out

the limited investment on another tackle or anything on the OL I really can't justify, but that's just the fun of rooting for Miami these days

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1683454732227039233

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

That's sad. The RB room is now

James Cook
Damien Harris
Latavius Murray

Murray is old as dirt so he's probably a reserve play. Cook can catch passes but not as well as Hines out the backfield. Do they sign another retread?

They probably don't want Zeke if they have Harris. I could see Hunt/McKissick in Buffalo now though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Maybe the Bills will get in on the Dalvin Cook sweepstakes now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Hello fellow geriatric.

I'm with everyone else, this team needed a better backup than Mike White and another borderline starter tackle. I know we obsessed over Shell and Fleming, but they were perfect and signed for cheap too.

Miami has huge "if everything breaks right, we're right in this thing!" energy for 2023

a bold strategy for a team whose stadium is built upon a literal burial ground

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sucks about Hines but he is a relatively fungible piece. He got almost no play in the offense last year and I assume most of his ST play can be taken over by Deonte Hardy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Miami has huge "if everything breaks right, we're right in this thing!" energy for 2023

a bold strategy for a team whose stadium is built upon a literal burial ground

They’re an amazing team
For madden
With injuries off

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TBN seemed to think that Hines might not have a locked-in spot, so maybe this makes a decision easier for them

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Puts a finer point on how boring the current uniforms are

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1683463290352197639?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes please. Sold.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Yeah, they're nice. I kind of want to buy a jersey but...am I too old to buy new jerseys? I'm nearly 35. :ohdear:

These just highlight that their current logo is an atrocity. The throwback logo should be their everyday logo IMO.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 24, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Throwbacks are better but the current Jets uniform is good on balance IMO. Hate that loving taper stripe, though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm also too old but I'm also a superstitious idiot and can only wear a jersey on actual gameday. Can't roll into this year with Darnold or Wilson.

The current jerseys are a Chris Johnson thing where Woody didn't have much/any input. I think they'll change them as soon as theyre allowed.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, they're nice. I kind of want to buy a jersey but...am I too old to buy new jerseys? I'm nearly 35. :ohdear:

These just highlight that their current logo is an atrocity. The throwback logo should be their everyday logo IMO.

Do whatever makes you happy on this dying world.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hines entire Bills career might be those two KO returns for TDs, winning the game for a team that was shot after the events of the Bengals game. And that will be enough for him to always have a place in Buffalo lore.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Professor Funk posted:

eh all fandom is irrational and silly

buy the jersey of a 22 year old man if it makes you happy

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1683480142201384962

goddamn that loving sucks for hines

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Those should be the only helmets.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fins Twitter is dedicated

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Wrar posted:

Do whatever makes you happy on this dying world.

Top tier avatar/post combo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I have a Mangold jersey and that is likely the last Jets jersey I will ever buy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I just bought a Sauce throwback because I have no impulse control.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We have obtained a photo of the other rider.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Atta boy snowflake 😎

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I just bought a Sauce throwback because I have no impulse control.

I don't think i'm the size of person who can wear a 1 Jersey lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/status/1683553469217554436

Sauce's tattoos look like they were painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If he got some on the inside of his wrist that definitely hurt. I can't imagine the top of the hand felt great either.