Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You'd have to try very hard to be more pathetic than musk is

https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1683226434255347713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let me rex that x, wrote the x'er on X.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Things that are totally true because Elon said so:

There was no emerald mine

He was not just an investor in Tezla

X is gonna revolutionize the world

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

God drat is this ever loving stupid lmao

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
will the ex-twitter employees refer to themselves as xeeps? Is Musk the chief-xit?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Remember when Prince changed his "name" into a weird symbol and everyone made fun of him for being a pretentious weirdo? Yeah, Elon doesn't.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
carve x into your forehead, ya wuss

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
X marks the spot where this company is going to be buried.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
He literally said tweets should be called x's

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Lamech posted:

carve x into your forehead, ya wuss

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Pontificating rear end posted:

He literally said tweets should be called x's

"I left all my x's in Texas...."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Steadiman posted:

let's do what, linda...what are you doing?

I don't know, but X's gonna give it to me.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
"an x" is harder to say than "a tweet" and "x's" is confusing to whether use "xes" also it's 2 syllables compared to "tweets"

People said this is like he just took marketing 101 but he didnt take a marketing class at all

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Ahhh, but you see. He didn't just buy Twitter like a loser. He created x. He's a creator and a founder, not just a money guy. This is very important to emphasize that x is a transformation into a new thing that he made and nobody else.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Catastrophe posted:

Remember when Prince changed his "name" into a weird symbol and everyone made fun of him for being a pretentious weirdo? Yeah, Elon doesn't.

I remember when he changed his performance name in the most inconvenient way possible for his record label in response to a contract dispute and changed it back once the dispute was over

he was also trying to destroy a corporate brand like elon is, but he didn't pay 44 billy for the honor

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Prince is 100% the opposite of Musk please don't slander his name.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
i love this totally not a rushjob of a rebrand, when the website header still says twitter, everything is referred to as tweets, "subscribe to twitter blue" etc etc. amazingly professional overhaul, rated :five:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

even if X had a business plan (which it doesn't) why would you just casually change the logo on a Sunday instead of releasing the new features in tandem

simply lmao all around

"twitter" still appears everywhere on the website, they just did a couple jpg swaps

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

kazil posted:

Prince is 100% the opposite of Musk please don't slander his name.

Yeah, people really like Prince lol

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/WebDesignMuseum/status/1683385454232588289?t=BcUcz1sKV2u16eCUf3b3eA&s=19

Really reinforces that the bird is dead

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elon: “Artificial intelligence must be destroyed! It will bring about the end of mankind!”
Also Elon: “X shall be powered by artificial intelligence as I like nothing but sexy anime waifus created by AI!”

Which version of Musk is created by uppers and which is the downers?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

In the past I believed that I never had the aptitude to be a CEO.

So I want to thank Elon Musk and Donald Trump for proving to me that meritocracy is absolutely bullshit and I absolutely have what it takes to be a CEO or even President of the United States.

Now I might not be a good one. But I know in my soul I could do it better than these clowns.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Someone should ask musk what exactly it means when he says x.com will be powered by AI. The answer would be absolutely nonsensical gibberish.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

smoobles posted:

even if X had a business plan (which it doesn't) why would you just casually change the logo on a Sunday instead of releasing the new features in tandem

simply lmao all around

"twitter" still appears everywhere on the website, they just did a couple jpg swaps

this is like the time he swapped the bird for the doge for like 3 days lol

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Someone should ask musk what exactly it means when he says x.com will be powered by AI. The answer would be absolutely nonsensical gibberish.

It'll be when it's populated 100% by bots.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

they lock up an AI in a hamster wheel and make it run to power the server farm, duh

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Can’t wait til I can connect my bank account to xdotcom so it can pull my credit score to determine how many x’s I can read/write a day

“Based on your credit score you qualify for the shitpost tier of free speech. Link your crypto investment accounts to see if you qualify for more.”

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 24, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Looks like something that a bird left on the hood of my car robe

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

shiksa posted:

I remember when he changed his performance name in the most inconvenient way possible for his record label in response to a contract dispute and changed it back once the dispute was over

he was also trying to destroy a corporate brand like elon is, but he didn't pay 44 billy for the honor

Back then industry and media made the public laughed at him for his "crazy antics". Even many fellow artists didn't get what was happening until way later.

Now everyone is talking about owning their masters and publishing. He started that wave and tried to educate the people around him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to watch all my xvideos

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

The emperor has no tweets.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

E the Shaggy posted:

Elon: “Artificial intelligence must be destroyed! It will bring about the end of mankind!”
Also Elon, post AI startup launch: “my bad its actually good”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1683472661790310402?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

𝕏

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
It really is not easy get a word into the common lexicon like tweet is. Even if the Twitter brand and associated words like tweet disappear from the product, I think language will take a few years to move on from it. Even then, people won’t move to “check out this x” or “I re-xed this x”, they’ll end up using more generic words like post, share, re-shared, etc.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The 2012 logo is a legitimate design classic, 11 years is a long time to last in tech and tbh it could have gone much longer too.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

code:
\usepackage{amsfonts}

\mathbb{X}

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm not a business guy but could Bluesky now swoop in and change its name to "Twitter"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is really impressive to see someone blowing hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in brand recognition to forcibly change an institution’s name to something much worse because a rich failson cannot stand to be wrong about something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Musk's gonna have a notepad open on his desktop at all times with just this character so he can copy+paste it every time because he can't remember the unicode