Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did they ever say what Warrior formally died of? Heart just quit on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

steroids lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lack of destrucity

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Lack of destrucity

too much

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

No joke, dying is the best career move he ever did

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cartoon Man posted:

Steroid abuse causes some interesting changes in the heart. It's why you see stuff like Arnie going I'm for a valve replacement or, well, *points at Hunter*

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
According to Wikipedia, "an autopsy revealed Warrior died of a heart attack caused by atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease." So yeah, he hosed with his pumps too much and they broke and something exploded.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what too much destrucity does to a mf

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel it's inevitably at this point someone's just gonna explode in the ring. Just full on Fist of the North Star.

It'll probably be Vince.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's almost too obvious to point out, but "destrucity" doesn't read as destiny+truce+reality at all, and that's really funny. like, no one would ever correctly deduce what it's supposed to mean, in a thousand years

it either reads like destruct+city or that somebody didn't know the word "destruction" and added the wrong suffix

RUININESS. IT'S THE INITIALIZATION OF RUGGED HAPPINESS

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Oh man. Please do one of these about The Ryback.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa I didn’t know WWE games mattered that much. Is that like the one aspect of the business that results in money going to retired talent? From all the sad go fund mes mentioned on wrestler Wikipedia pages had assumed Vince didn’t give anyone a penny once they left.

Interesting how Hogan had to be scrubbed, but is he back in good odor again because a prince offered a dumptruck of money for him to show up at Crown Jewel?

Hogan’s back because he’s still worth money. THAT being said though, the last time he made an appearance on-screen he was booed to hell and back, so. A rare case of a WWE live crowd not sucking.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel it's inevitably at this point someone's just gonna explode in the ring. Just full on Fist of the North Star.

It'll probably be Vince.

vince blew both his quads out once it already happened

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Someone please post the video of Vince continuing to roll with a segment with aforementioned blown quads. Television gold.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

someone needs to turn it into their finisher

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince blew out one quad on the way in and kept going then on the way backstage he blew his second quad out

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vince's head flies off still doing the Vince face

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Literally A Person posted:

Someone please post the video of Vince continuing to roll with a segment with aforementioned blown quads. Television gold.

The way I remember it he wasn't doing a bit, he was screaming at his employees for loving up the big finish of a ppv and telling them what he wanted them to do to try and salvage it.

Ever been so mad you cripple yourself?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Cat Hatter posted:

The way I remember it he wasn't doing a bit, he was screaming at his employees for loving up the big finish of a ppv and telling them what he wanted them to do to try and salvage it.

Ever been so mad you cripple yourself?

Yeah, it was a Royal Rumble with Batista and Cena as the last two surviving participants and they both got eliminated at the same time. Vince came out to yell at them and restart the match and popped both his quads in the process.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Vince is the only person who could blow a third quad.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa I didn’t know WWE games mattered that much. Is that like the one aspect of the business that results in money going to retired talent? From all the sad go fund mes mentioned on wrestler Wikipedia pages had assumed Vince didn’t give anyone a penny once they left.

I forgot where I read the story, but I remember somebody saying he and his family was having dinner with a family friend who was a retired wrestler (pretty sure it was Matt Borne, the first Doink) and he was talking up how great a payday it is when they make a new WWE game.

quote:

Interesting how Hogan had to be scrubbed, but is he back in good odor again because a prince offered a dumptruck of money for him to show up at Crown Jewel?

The show they brought him back for was also the one that everyone was especially pissed about because it was like two weeks after that reporter got horribly butchered by the Saudi government and Vince decided, "Unless Donald outright tells me not to, we're going." They decided that if the show was already controversial, they might as well bring back Hogan and have him kick off the show. Nobody in the crowd really cared one way or another when he showed up.

Hogan was also asked to apologize to the locker room, but his apology was for getting caught and not for the stuff he said. He later showed up at a Hall of Fame ceremony and you could see New Day behind him, collectively staring daggers.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It'll probably be Vince.

I mean, that pretty much happened to Joey Mercury's face that one time.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FilthyImp posted:

Steroid abuse causes some interesting changes in the heart. It's why you see stuff like Arnie going I'm for a valve replacement or, well, *points at Hunter*

wasn't Schwarzenegger's about a bicuspid valve? Those can become an issue whether you've been on the juice or not, though obviously it doesn't help

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

God, I forgot that Hogan getting booed to hell and back was in Tampa of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArOYpqoQsQ

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Gavok posted:

Hogan was also asked to apologize to the locker room, but his apology was for getting caught and not for the stuff he said. He later showed up at a Hall of Fame ceremony and you could see New Day behind him, collectively staring daggers.

The New Day is too good for Vince, goddamn.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol at hulk hogan making an apology for anything

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that time vince tried to hold the saudi government up for more money and had multiple wrestlers got taken hostage in an airport by the saudi government lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that time vince tried to hold the saudi government up for more money and had multiple wrestlers got taken hostage in an airport by the saudi government lol

The Bludgeon Bros' hammers were taken to safety on Vince's private jet. Not the Bludgeon Bros though, they sat in the hostage plane.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can you talk about how Shane ruined a Royal Rumble?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at hulk hogan making an apology for anything

The Immortal Hulk Hogan can do no wrong, brother. Well, aside from charging 25 bucks for chicken fingers at Hogan’s Hideout.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Bollea's racism mystifies me, in a 'I don't know how he could have picked those sort of opinions up' sense. Which probably just shows my ignorance or overthinking about racism.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

Bollea's racism mystifies me, in a 'I don't know how he could have picked those sort of opinions up' sense. Which probably just shows my ignorance or overthinking about racism.

Florida in the 60s and 70s? I mean the governor wasn’t chasing black people out of his chicken restaurant with a 2 by 4 like Georgia but it was redneck as gently caress.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

The Bludgeon Bros' hammers were taken to safety on Vince's private jet. Not the Bludgeon Bros though, they sat in the hostage plane.

The Super Bludgeon Bros?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Szyznyk posted:

Florida in the 60s and 70s? I mean the governor wasn’t chasing black people out of his chicken restaurant with a 2 by 4 like Georgia but it was redneck as gently caress.

I loved in Georgia for a while and can't tell if this is a joke or part of Our Cultural Heritage.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cat Hatter posted:

can't tell if this is a joke or part of Our Cultural Heritage.

Coincidentally, this is a pretty good take on professional wrestling.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cornwind Evil posted:

he's an old carnie who started wrestling in the 70's it would be more surprising if he wasnt racist lmao

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cornwind Evil posted:

The dress code at Hogan’s beach club.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 24, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The dress code at Hogan’s beach club.

lol that hogan cant enter his own business

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Gavok posted:

I forgot where I read the story, but I remember somebody saying he and his family was having dinner with a family friend who was a retired wrestler (pretty sure it was Matt Borne, the first Doink) and he was talking up how great a payday it is when they make a new WWE game.

Huh interesting I wonder if contracts have been super refined to screw over talent but overlook how big games can be so sometimes proper pay slips through. I heard comedian Greg Proops mention that voicing the podracing announcer in Star Wars ep 1 was an ok movie payday, but getting called in to voice all the games was very good for him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cornwind Evil posted:

I have my own strange armchair theory about Hogan's racist statements. The short of it being, "Hulk Hogan doesn't actually hate black people, but he WILL tell the wife of an rear end in a top hat shock jock that he hates black people because he thinks that will make him look cool in the moment." It's still racism, but it's more in line with the sad way Hogan's mind works.

Plus part of it is that I just can't see him keeping that kind of behavior under wraps so well for years. He pissed off a lot of people and you'd think somebody would have referenced it against him.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the same way we're always marks, they're always carnies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gavok posted:

I have my own strange armchair theory about Hogan's racist statements. The short of it being, "Hulk Hogan doesn't actually hate black people, but he WILL tell the wife of an rear end in a top hat shock jock that he hates black people because he thinks that will make him look cool in the moment." It's still racism, but it's more in line with the sad way Hogan's mind works.

Plus part of it is that I just can't see him keeping that kind of behavior under wraps so well for years. He pissed off a lot of people and you'd think somebody would have referenced it against him.

Occam's Scott Hall suggests that they were all racist too and didn't even notice that Hogan was being problematic. But yeah, given Hogan's pathology, he'd easily be racist just to impress.